Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ----------  (Read 27328 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitJohn (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:07:53 AM

I got my invite, going to be sending some TH your way soon and trying out the renting and contracts.  It looks awesome.  Thanks.

I agree! The product gets better an better every day!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
letuslook

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:59:04 PM

Looks interesting, hope to receive my invite soon Smiley
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:00:07 PM

There are no FAQ on site. FAQ is very important.
I have a question.
I bought contract 2 days ago, but I have no payouts (I have worker and pools).
While process of buying I read something about 5 days delay but don't remember exact what.
Could you describe payouts rules?

We have a full FAQ being draft and each page has a help popup associated. I have to dig into the contracts a bit it took mine a day to start working... Remember its still really early beta so expect some goofiness. I will get you the payout info soon and post it here.
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:03:18 PM

So whatever happened to the $5k?

Also do you have a list of known working external pools? I'm seeing some widely varied results.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:36:21 PM

Also I've got 33 hours worth of "pending" credits from rental income from one of our rigs. Can you tell me how long before we get paid?

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Senseidyer

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:07:42 PM

I have been mining the BTC Pool for 36 days now and to be honest, I am disappointed because despite contracts, the network doesn't solve enough blocks to get payouts. An example is this: In the last 2 weeks, there has been one solved block for one payout. Since I began 36 days ago, there has been a total of 13 payouts. While I do know this is beta, it does not seem to me that the contract is worth it. Now, I will tell you that they guarantee a refund on hashrate they missed, but that does little good if the network delivers on hashrate but cannot solve blocks. I am on pace to make $8.80 on a contract that cost $59.00.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 01:36:33 AM

I have been mining the BTC Pool for 36 days now and to be honest, I am disappointed because despite contracts, the network doesn't solve enough blocks to get payouts. An example is this: In the last 2 weeks, there has been one solved block for one payout. Since I began 36 days ago, there has been a total of 13 payouts. While I do know this is beta, it does not seem to me that the contract is worth it. Now, I will tell you that they guarantee a refund on hashrate they missed, but that does little good if the network delivers on hashrate but cannot solve blocks. I am on pace to make $8.80 on a contract that cost $59.00.

You can mine external pools with more hashrate.
purpl3haze

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 10:53:02 AM

ive always gotten errors when doing the external pool set up through mintsy.
devo420

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 11:18:03 AM

I have gotten as much as 60 bonus MH/s with Mintsy.co off of 4 contracts for 10Mh/s each. Pretty amazing. Kinda sucks when it goes the opposite way like right now and only pulling about 6Mh/s per contract. There are a couple questions I have been meaning to e-mail but might as well fire em off here.

When I purchased my most recent contract, I was attempting to buy two 10Mh/s contracts for 6 months, but I believe they have been combined into one worker. I believe this happened since my 3rd worker has an average of double the hashing rate as the first two workers/contracts I set up. Is this something I should worry about? I have 4 workers listed on my account but the 4th is 'inactive' and my OCD doesn't like that  Wink

Also, should each contract be linked to an individual worker set up on the pool's website? I believe I read something along those lines on the website.

As for setting the difficulty on a mining pool, I know it is dependent on your current hash rate, but with mine having a relatively wide range of fluctuation, I don't know what to set it to in order to get the best bang for my buck. I have been setting it to 64 as most pools mention over time that is the best value for all miners.

Lastly, does a scrypt miner handle scrypt-n and jane?
Senseidyer

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 02:48:10 PM

Not with a contract.
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:00:29 PM

Not with a contract.

Yes you can mine external pools with a contract. Just setup the external pool and point your contract work at that pool. I am mining multipool as we speak.
devo420

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 07:16:16 AM

I have gotten as much as 60 bonus MH/s with Mintsy.co off of 4 contracts for 10Mh/s each. Pretty amazing. Kinda sucks when it goes the opposite way like right now and only pulling about 6Mh/s per contract. There are a couple questions I have been meaning to e-mail but might as well fire em off here.

When I purchased my most recent contract, I was attempting to buy two 10Mh/s contracts for 6 months, but I believe they have been combined into one worker. I believe this happened since my 3rd worker has an average of double the hashing rate as the first two workers/contracts I set up. Is this something I should worry about? I have 4 workers listed on my account but the 4th is 'inactive' and my OCD doesn't like that  Wink

Also, should each contract be linked to an individual worker set up on the pool's website? I believe I read something along those lines on the website.

As for setting the difficulty on a mining pool, I know it is dependent on your current hash rate, but with mine having a relatively wide range of fluctuation, I don't know what to set it to in order to get the best bang for my buck. I have been setting it to 64 as most pools mention over time that is the best value for all miners.

?
trendax

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 11:32:33 AM

So whatever happened to the $5k?

Also do you have a list of known working external pools? I'm seeing some widely varied results.

bump..

$5k probably went to Zhenya's $300k salary lol

But props to the Mintsy team the platform is looking good.

Also external pool redirections are probably being done via stratum's extranonce.subscription, this can be tricky if not implemented well.

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:00:25 AM

You would have to contact the support guys on this one Ill dig around and see what I can find out, or just buy a second contract myself. I owe you an answer for this.

I use 64 so far so good.

No but there will be options for these in the future

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:57:16 PM

Sha-256 Contracts have been increased.  No Price changes.

If you had a 100 Gh/s contract before, it is now 250 Gh/s. If you had a 1 Th/s contract, it is now 2.5 Th/s.

We are also giving you credit for the time used on your old contract. 60% of the time you have already used in your existing contract will be appended to the expiration date of your contract.

This means if you have had your contract for 30 days already, then 18 more days will be added to the end of your contract to extend it's expiration date.
coinrance

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:10:35 PM

I setup external pool pointing to multipool.us, but after few hours, it somehow stopped mining on my external pool, showing 0 khs when i login to multipool. I think to fix it, I have to meedle with the worker's pool configuration and save it for it to start mining again.
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:51:35 AM

any mining calculator can i use if i buy contract in Minsty ?
now iam use bitcoincloudservice and cloudminr.io Smiley

BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:08:04 PM

I typically use coinwarz which shows me alt coins that I can use my hash on
BitJohn (OP)

@Bit_John

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:51:46 PM

Sha-256 Contracts have been increased. No Price changes!
If you had a 100 Gh/s contract before, it is now 250 Gh/s. If you had a 1 Th/s contract, it is now 2.5 Th/s.
We are also giving you credit for the time used on your old contract. 60% of the time you have already used in your existing contract will be appended to the expiration date of your contract.
This means if you have had your contract for 30 days already, then 18 more days will be added to the end of your contract to extend it's expiration date.
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:34:44 PM

I typically use coinwarz which shows me alt coins that I can use my hash on

Ohh thank's for your information
i will try it someday

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: