Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 10:42:50 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATI FirePro M5800  (Read 1776 times)
mroth7684

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 08:46:01 PM

Hello,

I don't see any topics on the FirePro laptop graphics cards. I have an HP Elitebook with the Firepro M5800 and I saw on this page "https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison" That it can do 60Mhash/s on ubuntu.

I have installed the latest graphics drivers and the SDK 2.4 but in windows 7 it does not detect it as an OpenCL device it only detects the CPU as OpenCL. Does this mean the FirePro cannot be used in Windows 7 to mine? Or is there something else I need to install to get it to work?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
coffeetablesex

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 09:43:12 PM

You are going to want to use the 2.1 or 2.2 SDK because I think the 2.4 is 5-10% slower, but first things first. Do you know for sure if the card you have supports OpenCL? I know the site lists the card, but perhaps there was a mix up?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Michael, send me some coins before I hitman you

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 10:27:03 PM

FirePro M5800 does support OpenCL. Beyond that, I don't know. Keep playing around with it. Try a restart, make sure you have the correct catalyst drivers.

Perhaps it's time to play around with Linux?  Grin

Don't mix your coins someone said isn't legal
mroth7684

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:19:47 PM

Bah, this is bizarre.

I managed to get it working on one laptop with the FirePro M5800. After uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and SDKs over and over somehow it started working. However I have a second laptop the exact same model/hardware when I installed the drivers and SDK it says OpenCL is not supported with the current drivers though they are the exact drivers from the first laptop. After messing with it for 2 hours like I did on the first, still not working, :|

I managed to get 60Mhash/s on the first Laptop with the FirePro M5800
coffeetablesex

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:06:36 PM

I had to do something similar, it wants the drivers and SDK installed in a specific order, but certain driver versions don't want to work with certain SDK versions so I had to kinda try all of them, installing them randomly until I finally got it to work using the 2.2SDK and the 11.4 driver, I believe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.