Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:21:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin bidding site  (Read 913 times)
DigitalPirateman (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:04:45 AM

Okay well we work with joomla and its extentions

I was thinking to help my site and Bitcoin + mycoin I want to have a bidding site.
It is possible for this with joomla I just need to know is it a good idea

The plan is to have the site like ebay but with three acceptances formats

USD
Bitcoin, + in the future Litecoin and doge.
And Gytecoin (our coin)

I can add on the extentions if I have support on just adding bitcoin and gytecoin. Im not worried about people taking our idea because it going to happen anyways with bitcoin I just think it would be nice to have the three options to start Bitcoin Gytecoin and USD.

My question is if i do this (cause the extention is not free or cheap) would it be a good idea i heard what happen to silk road but with my company name being on the line we will not be that kind of site.

Also if i were to do this would there be any community developer willing to support for a reasonable/cheap price because the extension I found only has USD on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RibbitMe

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 09:22:22 AM

Possibly may be able to help if you want to pm.
Please give me details on your coin too and any specs or info to help.
hotsaucee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:16:05 AM

What's the point, there are literally hundreds of these sites popping up. If you don't have advertising revenue or a truly unique selling point, don't start this project.

DigitalPirateman (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:48:48 AM

The point is simply to get our altcoin and bitcoin more transactions.
PotatoPie

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:09:29 AM

I don't see why so many people use wordpress and Joomla for sites they are not intended to be used for. Joomla is a CMS and should be used for websites that distribute information, not a whole auction website. I would highly suggest you create your own website using PHP and get it rigorously security tested.

BTC Address: 13mUzcjYysbgNWstbasJ3PVkPB2nCUEqFg
DigitalPirateman (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:18:09 AM

I don't see why so many people use wordpress and Joomla for sites they are not intended to be used for. Joomla is a CMS and should be used for websites that distribute information, not a whole auction website. I would highly suggest you create your own website using PHP and get it rigorously security tested.

Thats kinda like saying bit coin shouldn't be used for paper money when all over ebay and amazon people are selling paper wallets. Not to mention that wasn't the question I asked.

Fyi Joomla has high end PHP security "extensions"  so writing my own would be up to me.
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:47:31 AM

Thats kinda like saying bit coin shouldn't be used for paper money when all over ebay and amazon people are selling paper wallets. Not to mention that wasn't the question I asked.

Fyi Joomla has high end PHP security "extensions"  so writing my own would be up to me.

That as maybe but if your asking if its a good idea, by default it prob isn't as you would not need to ask.

I suggest you find something that isnt everywhere and develop that !

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████