Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Bitcoins, No Catch  (Read 20862 times)
pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 12:41:55 AM

It looks like fun, but at a whole bitcoin to play most of the games (and a bitcoin being worth upwards of 6 USD at this point), it's a bit more expensive than I want in a game. I think you need to update the prices to match the massive growth of bitcoin value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coffeetablesex

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 12:56:08 AM

It looks like fun, but at a whole bitcoin to play most of the games (and a bitcoin being worth upwards of 6 USD at this point), it's a bit more expensive than I want in a game. I think you need to update the prices to match the massive growth of bitcoin value.

There are much cheaper games than that. Kicking a bench only costs .001btc if I'm not mistaken.
ChaosFox

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 01:09:17 AM

I agree, of course there could (And should  Grin ) be high stakes, but at this point, I think most games should have bitcent options. Smiley

Look! An ad-free signature!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 13, 2011, 07:03:49 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2011, 07:14:25 AM by Bit_Happy

Sounds cool, I'll have to check it out.

Takes just a few minutes to learn, it is pretty cool.

@teppy I'm heading off the main island (bottom of screen), will there be another area there?
Edit: 2 main sections so far, any others in Dragon's Tale?

teppy (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:15:21 PM

@teppy I'm heading off the main island (bottom of screen), will there be another area there?

We're working on a new island which will reveal the story of Dragon's Tale as your character progresses. If you'd like a preview, contact me in-game (I play "Di"), and I'll warp you to the new island.

Dragon's Tale is the longest running Bitcoin enterprise in the world.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 02:40:05 AM

as can I. I'm, well, noitev in game.
teppy (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 01:14:57 PM

Just an update on the free Bitcoins in soldier statues: I've made it so that a given soldier won't repeatedly give Bitcoins to the same character. There were already controls in place such that each character had to rotate through different soldiers, so this is sort of the reverse of that.

So far it's has worked well - as I write this, every soldier now has a gift of at least one Bitmill (1/1000 BTC), and quite a few have gifts of 2 or 3 Bitmills. Gifts of 10, 50, 500, and 5000 (5 BTC) happen from time to time, as well.

We're going to do some small-stakes Beetle Racing today, so come grab some gifts and try to multiply them if you're inclined!

yodakohl

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 05:13:16 PM

uses pretty much cpu power.. a miner?
gamerkingx

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 07:06:14 PM

I will try this , will let you know how it went.

I got hacked please contact me if the hacker contacted you for something.
teppy (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 07:11:34 PM

That would be clever, but no, just a 3D game engine. Smiley

Were you doing Beetle Racing with us yesterday? I just finished a really nice, clean interface to that game. Hoping to get some races going this afternoon.

TheWaxMann

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:25:35 PM

@teppy I tried to download the game, but it was going to take 4 hours for a 60MB download  Sad
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 12:38:20 AM

Is this a safe app?as in no malware,trick,wallet cloning or data theft of ny kind?
Does this absolutely require no spending of ny currency or no info like email address required?
Can I use this without giving up ny of my info?

If u guys can check this 4 me as I need 2 keep my MBP (my personal 'work' laptop) and PC clear of ny iffy apps (if thats the case with this) then it'll help me a lot.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 12:39:25 AM

Is this a safe app?as in no malware,trick,wallet cloning or data theft of ny kind?
Does this absolutely require no spending of ny currency or no info like email address required?

If u guys can check this 4 me as I need 2 keep my MBP (my personal 'work' laptop) and PC clear of ny iffy apps (if thats the case with this) then it'll help me a lot.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 06:58:19 AM

its clean and you can put fake info if you want to. i think all you need is an email, but its never really used
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 05:58:16 PM

Just an update on the free Bitcoins in soldier statues: I've made it so that a given soldier won't repeatedly give Bitcoins to the same character. There were already controls in place such that each character had to rotate through different soldiers, so this is sort of the reverse of that.

So far it's has worked well - as I write this, every soldier now has a gift of at least one Bitmill (1/1000 BTC), and quite a few have gifts of 2 or 3 Bitmills. Gifts of 10, 50, 500, and 5000 (5 BTC) happen from time to time, as well.

We're going to do some small-stakes Beetle Racing today, so come grab some gifts and try to multiply them if you're inclined!

I have a few questions on this Teppy

I've found myself on the recieving end of a problem where even though I haven't gotten much btm,the same soldiers who I go to (all of them) just won't give my anything after 3 days so I'm on the recieving end of a problem where I'm not getting hardly any while I see some players routinely get 50btm or above. Why is this?

2.Im on the recieving end of where te statues don't 'reset'on me after like more than 3 days and counting while I witness some players getting many btms from the same statues sometimes.This type of issues is ruining my experience and enjoyment of this game.If these issues aren't fixed then ppl like me will be forced to abandon this game altogether.If im asked 2 be a beta tester,then please make it worth my while.Like microsoft did by giving me free copies of win 7 during the testing period (well fully usuable betas actually)

3.Is it possible that a protection system originally designed to keep things 'fair' can be over zealous as well?

I also want to suggest some features that will help people like me:
1.If I lose a lot,there should be a feature for new like players,or inexperienced players like myself, where they can reclaim what they lose, but in exchange for this, they can't gamble for a while so that only players with problem gambling can enjoy their game, while every1 else can play as normal if the feature is optional by switching it off/on. If this is implemented then more ppl will 'try out' the game with minimal risk unlike now.The reason I say n exchange for not gambling if you choose this feature is because I think we should deter problem gambling while allowing every1 else to just play without the feature. I mainly want this to serve as a cooling off period if thing get hairy and I feel that this should be complementary to the bet limit we have now. I want this game to be enjoyable for all (from the n00bs and inexperienced players to the serious pro gamblers)

2.There should be a built in help feature in the players menu (like in windows) where they can read all about the games from a central interface as this will improve the user experience.
3.Add a features suggestion system to make it easier for players to suggest what they want to change in the game,add or remove things.

Can you tell me if:
The feature can be implemented?
The feature is viable to implement?
you have other comments about my suggestions so far.

Thank you

zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:44:26 PM

damm I was playing a tale in the desert years ago this take me back
Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:48:19 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2011, 08:35:04 PM by ptmhd

its clean and you can put fake info if you want to. i think all you need is an email, but its never really used
not even email is needed. It's nice if you forget password but can play without.
I used only uname/pwd and works fine

edit: email might be needed. just went to dragon's tale and the message said that asking for gifts from statues (local faucet) requires email. i don't know now. not asking for gifts, can not tell.

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
teppy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:11:07 PM

Answers to a few questions:

ptmhd: An email address is requested but not required. We'll only ever use this to tell you about Dragon's Tale news, and other games that we (eGenesis) make. So, you may get a message when we release A Tale in the Desert VI, for instance.

Film2240: The soldiers do limit how often you can return to them, and they require you to visit many different soldiers before returning. Check the wiki for tips on coin-hunting from soldiers. For instance, you may elect to skip smaller gifts and collect fewer larger gifts: the soldiers pay attention to the *number* of gifts that they give you, not the size. You can also make a small deposit - a tenth of a Bitcoin bypasses probably hours of running around to soldiers.

As to the idea about letting you reclaim large losses within X minutes, it's just too hard to make the math work: If the game worked this way, you could place a single large bet; if you win, withdraw the BTC. If you lose, reclaim the bet and try again.

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 10:39:59 PM

Film2240: The soldiers do limit how often you can return to them, and they require you to visit many different soldiers before returning. Check the wiki for tips on coin-hunting from soldiers. For instance, you may elect to skip smaller gifts and collect fewer larger gifts: the soldiers pay attention to the *number* of gifts that they give you, not the size. You can also make a small deposit - a tenth of a Bitcoin bypasses probably hours of running around to soldiers.

As to the idea about letting you reclaim large losses within X minutes, it's just too hard to make the math work: If the game worked this way, you could place a single large bet; if you win, withdraw the BTC. If you lose, reclaim the bet and try again.

Hi Teppy,
Thanx 4 the clear and concise answers to my questions.Can u link to the wiki please?

As for reclaiming losses,it probably is impossible anyway with the math involved,unless you make a completly different game based on different math/programming code.Some times it's better to deal with the losses.Also i never knew that just isn't possible with the math used in this case.I think the best advice I can give n should follow myself is this,if you can't deal with losing money,then you probably shouldn't be gambling in the first place.I learnt this the hard way in game and with £8 worth of lotto ticket scratchcards (which is why I gave those up afterwards). I think I'll stick to the non-gambling games such as herb hunting,feed the animals or get gifts from soldier statues from now on in the MMORPG.

hawks5999

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 10:58:57 PM

I'll play but only if you promise to SPAM my wallet address.
Bitcoin - where getting spam'd for free stuff is good!

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: