Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price cannot fall infinitely  (Read 2473 times)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:12:57 PM

I don't think BTC/$ will fall a lot below $400 simply because miners will stop selling coins below cost of production. Miners currently provide large percentage of the bitcoins sold on exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:13:34 PM

Of course it cannot. It will settle at a nice $10.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:14:40 PM

There is lots of volume. I think we are finding the bottom pretty soon. I'm a miner and won't sell at these levels.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:21:04 PM

Nobody, even with "free" electricity, will be able to mine coins at cost below $10 per one!
Sevvero

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:22:07 PM

Nobody, even with "free" electricity, will be able to mine coins at cost below $10 per one!
Well, in that case it will be doomed. Was nice while it lasted Smiley
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:23:59 PM

I think prices are falling because merchants are selling the coins they received from sales. Some holders are selling because think they can buy back at a lower price. This will not continue for longer. We will see when we hit $400, the historical support support level.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:24:09 PM

Well, in that case it will be doomed. Was nice while it lasted Smiley
Don't seems that miners turning off their rigs!  Wink

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:28:11 PM

I think prices are falling because merchants are selling the coins they received from sales. Some holders are selling because think they can buy back at a lower price. This will not continue for longer. We will see when we hit $400, the historical support support level.

This is why I refuse to "use" my bitcoins..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

lol 10, you must be kidding, bitcoin will never be seen below 100 again, miners will stop dumping long before that
Sevvero

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:32:56 PM

lol 10, you must be kidding, bitcoin will never be seen below 100 again, miners will stop dumping long before that
Oh ok, sure boyo, sure...just don't come back crying crocodile tears.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:36:37 PM

i won't, will stop at 350, you will see
Sevvero

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:39:36 PM

i won't, will stop at 350, you will see
Nice delusions!
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:42:45 PM

I don't think BTC/$ will fall a lot below $400 simply because miners will stop selling coins below cost of production. Miners currently provide large percentage of the bitcoins sold on exchanges.

I don't understand this logic, so they will stop selling and pay their electricity cost out of pocket? which will end up costing them more money out of pocket. No, they will sell Bitcoin at any market price to get at least something back to pay for their hardware and electricity. If anything, dropping price will prompt them to sell even more if they have hoarded some coins, so they could afford to pay their bills.

PoW mining expense is the reason the price is dropping.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Sevvero

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:44:18 PM

I don't understand this logic, so they will stop selling and pay their electricity cost out of pocket? which will end up costing them more money out of pocket. No, they will sell Bitcoin at any market price to get at least something back to pay for their hardware and electricity. If anything, dropping price will prompt them to sell even more if they have hoarded some coins, so they could afford to pay their bills.

Exactly, some people here are delusional.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:58:37 PM

Miners probably will pay for electricity from own money in hope BTC/$ will ever rise instead of selling bitcoins for pittances.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:01:25 PM

Fiat leak due to mining is the culprit.

PoS is the answer.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:06:43 PM

they made plenty of money already the will use some to buy btc and recover the price
antibitcoinconsortium

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:23:23 PM

well just watch, you'll see just how good it can do just that.
miners are selling to cut their losses..

they have choice sell now and lose 20%, sell tomorrow and lose 30%, sell in a few months lose 95%...
what would you do?
smart people sell now while they still can
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:25:44 PM

Miners probably will pay for electricity from own money in hope BTC/$ will ever rise instead of selling bitcoins for pittances.

Where would they get this money from? Bond offering? LOL
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:29:47 PM

Miners ? what about the other 12 million Bitcoin ? if only 5% of that 12 million hit these thin book orders of today's exchanges...Bitcoin will not hold $100 and not $400
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: