Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets.  (Read 2998 times)
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:07:13 PM

Baron Rothschild, an 18th century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."

everyone was waiting for the buying opportunity, well there you have it.

the only form of money better than gold in the last 3000 years is on sale at the same time as the entire world uses a paper money system that has never worked in the past,
if you don't see the stars aligning you don't deserve to be rich.
Except he wasn't talking about cryptoshits.

I think the Exxon buyers who followed his advice are really happy now, right?

Think of what you are saying. It's $418 now, CHEAP, go buy! Go buy, GO!

You won't, because deep inside you know it's a scam destined to fall to $100 and more.

bitcoin is not a scam, its the best form of money humans ever had, for the first time ever beating precious metals.

Yes, it is a scam. Nobody cares about bitcoin as a currency, everyone is in just to get more dollars later. It's basically a tool for wealth transfer from those who buy low and sell high and those who do the opposite.

Bitcoin doesn't gain or produce any additional capital, entire market cap is just a speculators' money. But in order for someone to profit, someone else needs to lose. And without new suckers pouring in the fresh capital, it is not sustainable and bound to drop due to increasing supply, and decreasing faith in it and dumping.
Greater fool theory!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:09:28 PM

Baron Rothschild, an 18th century British nobleman and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "The time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."

the only form of money better than gold in the last 3000 years is on sale at the same time as the entire world uses a paper money system that has never worked in the past,

You won't, because deep inside you know it's a scam destined to fall to $100 and more.

bitcoin is not a scam, its the best form of money humans ever had, for the first time ever beating precious metals.

Obvious troll is obvious. Yes, the finest form of currency every created, which vanishes without a trace if you don't enable 2FA or your hard drive crashes.  Grin
Robert Paulson (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:09:41 PM

Yes, it is a scam. Nobody cares about bitcoin as a currency, everyone is in just to get more dollars later. It's basically a tool for wealth transfer from those who buy low and sell high and those who do the opposite.

Bitcoin doesn't gain or produce any additional capital, entire market cap is just a speculators' money. But in order for someone to profit, someone else needs to lose. And without new suckers pouring in the fresh capital, it is not sustainable and bound to drop due to increasing supply, and decreasing faith in it and dumping.

you are wrong.
the amount of goods and services sold for bitcoin is growing exponentially at 6.64% per month for the last 180 days.
(http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/ Num Venues metric)

that's alot faster than the bitcoin inflation rate which is around 10% per year right now and will be half of that in 2016.

when the amount of goods rises faster than bitcoin inflation, the purchasing power of bitcoin goes up.
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:16:43 PM

you are wrong.
the amount of goods and services sold for bitcoin is growing exponentially at 6.64% per month for the last 180 days.
(http://www.bitcoinpulse.com/ Num Venues metric)

You're right, but that's all the holders giving up and buying stuff on newegg, dell, etc. with their bitcoin promotions.  Cheesy Cheesy Most of them are not re-buying bitcoin afterwards.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:18:13 PM

Unfortunately for you, there is not much blood in the streets right now. Most people are still at massive profits at these prices.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:19:54 PM

Unfortunately for you, there is not much blood in the streets right now. Most people are still at massive profits at these prices.

Yes, I would not call this "blood in the streets" at all. I see lots of people holding steady, watching it drip down. Low volume. This has happened many times. Slow drip, slow drip, slow drip, massive capitulation selloff.

..... that's when you buy. Wink

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:32:06 PM

"Blood in the streets" in my main strategy for real investing. I have done quite well doing the opposite of the market. I divested 80% just before the tech crash in the 90's and made some sick profit buying back in later. Then I sold again just before the crash in 08. All the financial experts thought I was crazy, but I could see that the market was crazy, not me.
My advice for making money in an investment market is to do the opposite of what the mob is doing. I did it again in 2011 when I heard about bitcoin. No financial adviser would have thought paying .75 cents for bitcoin was a wise move. They never seem to get tired of being wrong.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:52:41 PM

so 100 million dollars in VC being put in in the last 6 months is nothing? are you retarded? (rhetorical question; you are)
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:54:21 PM

so 100 million dollars in VC being put in in the last 6 months is nothing? are you retarded? (rhetorical question; you are)
What fantasy money? The price has dropped in the last 6 months.
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:02:00 PM

what does price have to do with venture capital? are you not aware what that term means?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4483

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:09:41 PM

vanishes without a trace if you don't enable 2FA or your hard drive crashes.  

Never heard of paper wallets?

Troll fail. Try again.
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:18:49 PM

Buying or selling cryptos in the 21st century based on what a banker said 300 years ago...  There must be an oxymoron in there somewhere...
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:24:16 PM

Buying or selling cryptos in the 21st century based on what a banker said 300 years ago...  There must be an oxymoron in there somewhere...

Meh. New technology or not, the bitcoin market is subject to the same sort of psychology and market forces as any other market. If you have experience trading this market, "blood in the streets" is usually a pretty solid indicator. Tongue
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:28:29 PM

What I wonder is what this is doing for the miners. The costs is stupid crazy to get any kind of equipment to mine now a days, so the return rate.... is there even a return rate at these prices?

The miners are more delusional than the turbo-bull/bears of the speculation forum.  They're still dumping oodles of money on HW that, for all reasonable calculations, show a loss when considering the purchase price alone.  No need to even add the overhead of powering, housing, or maintaining the equipment.  The only "miners" in a position to make profit are the HW manufacturers and their private mines.  Some of them causing the very selling pressure we've been experiencing for the last couple of months.

IMO the tides (market trend) won't turn in any drastic way until the profit made per coin is far outweighed by the cost to mine a coin.
Robert Paulson (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:11:25 PM

the best form of money in the world is on sale, don't be left on the paper titanic when it sinks.
now is the opportunity for freedom!

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:17:24 PM

The blood hasn't started to flow.........

.......yet.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:46:07 PM

What I wonder is what this is doing for the miners. The costs is stupid crazy to get any kind of equipment to mine now a days, so the return rate.... is there even a return rate at these prices?

The miners are more delusional than the turbo-bull/bears of the speculation forum.  They're still dumping oodles of money on HW that, for all reasonable calculations, show a loss when considering the purchase price alone.  No need to even add the overhead of powering, housing, or maintaining the equipment.  The only "miners" in a position to make profit are the HW manufacturers and their private mines.  Some of them causing the very selling pressure we've been experiencing for the last couple of months.

IMO the tides (market trend) won't turn in any drastic way until the profit made per coin is far outweighed by the cost to mine a coin.

Totally agree....at this point consider the people mining to be completely "irrational actors"....and regard them as such.

They are stubbornly overshooting the demand for mining to the point of their own demise...somehow dreaming of better days in the future when this all pays off for them.

hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:55:00 PM

The time to buy is.... Always.
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:00:41 PM

There's no blood in the streets until we're well below $1. That's when all the weak hands are shaken out. That's when strong hands take over and drive the price up to 10k in less than a week. To the moon!
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:41:21 PM

Obvious troll is obvious. Yes, the finest form of currency every created, which vanishes without a trace if you don't enable 2FA or your hard drive crashes.  Grin

The security factor is one of the biggest hurdles for bitcoin, absolutely. But, that doesn't take away from the fact that the technology is innovative and a breakthrough.

Potentially the security aspect will be solved (or at least made easier for the masses) and then you are left with a fine form of currency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: