Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2024, 12:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinCenter.org and Jerry Brito  (Read 3097 times)
HELP.org (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 09:26:02 PM

I just saw the http://coincenter.org announcement.  Jerry Brito is one of the best advocates for Bitcoin in Washington, DC.  I hope this organization is separate from the Foundation.

Many people on here will discuss all kinds of conspiracy theories about the Bitlicense and other regulatory issues.  The fact is one of the main reasons is complaints from within Bitcoin users themselves.   Huge numbers of complaints have been generated by Bitcoin businesses and things like Bitinstant, Satoshi Dice Investments, pirateat40, Mt. Gox, Bitfloor, BFL, etc. have all generated complaints to regulators.  The regulators don't know what to do so they propose all kinds of screwed up regulation.  Since this stuff is going to happen anyway Jerry Brito is probably the best person to deal with it.

Listen to Jerry Brito
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgf5UnhirR0

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 4693

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:01:18 PM

what the so called regulators should do is not have licences.. but instead request BUSINESSES to register in what ever country they reside in as a business (standard protocol anyway).

and then if a customer complains, then the courts or consumer action groups/ better business bureaus check out if the business is doing anything dodgy and fine them. or worse.

rules do not need to change, a business is a business, it doesn't matter what they sell/trade. if they are breaking sales of goods laws, or breaching customers trust, which is part of many existent customer protection laws. then these businesses should be dealt with.

there does not need to be any special paperwork or licenses to achieve this. its not about licenses its about businesses following natural law and knowing what morals and honor is and knowing that there is a punishment for not doing the right thing..

no certificate will eradicate that. no license will help consumers. and its foolish for regulators to think they are actually helping consumers with the license..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
HELP.org (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:08:33 PM

what the so called regulators should do is not have licences.. but instead request BUSINESSES to register in what ever country they reside in as a business (standard protocol anyway).

Legacy laws should be considered first which is the comments I submitted on the Bitlicense proposal and what Patrick Murck discusses here:

https://soundcloud.com/epicenterbitcoin/eb-bitcoin2014-08

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: