Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:00:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intergalactic Mining - Battle of the Cryptocoins  (Read 1255 times)
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 04:26:03 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2012, 04:44:17 PM by markm

There are already two intergalactic mining servers operating, one using XNova Redesigned codebase (and thus bereft of combat capabilities) and one based on 2Moons (and thus seeming to be fully operational and featuring several more-advanced ship types than XNova and a whole bunch more features you can access using "Darkmatter" which is kind of the internal currency but also can be found in the game).

However, both of these existing servers are part of a larger multiverse which aims to have a whole working economy and thus cannot readily just hand out free intergalactic mining startup equipment and planets to mine on to every random idle passer-by, most of whom never stick around long enough to have any chance of creating a profit for who-ever invested in equipping them for their startup.

Thus, a separate new 2moons server has now been set up at TwoMoons.MyGamesOnline.org which caters to this largely-useless crowd of random passers-by by handing out complete intergalactic mining startup sites, technology and equipment to all comers.

Obviously that is a crazy thing to do for any intergalactic investors looking for actual profit, thus this server is not economically related to the larger game. It aims, rather, to serve as an elimination funnel where all the idlers can sit and idle without bankrupting the real larger-game economy by having investors invest in useless, unqualified people / corporations / CEOs.

Hopefully in the long run it will find for us some real players who will be worthwhile executive officers for operations located in the "real larger game" multiverse where investing in such startups is a non-trivial investment.

It will also serve to give people a chance to try out the 2moons system, get acquainted with what can be done in there, and maybe make some cryptocoins selling stuff in game to new players in the process of introducing them to your favourite cryptocoin(s).

As you play, bear in mind that in the "real" aka "larger game" multiverse, starting up such a mining operation will not be cheap, at least not cheap as compared to the paltry pittance you could acquire by foraging for berries to eat, wood to build huts and clubs with, ore to make metal implements with and so on as in individual character or bunch of individual characters on a single-character scale. The kinds of salaries CEOs of intergalactic mining corporations earn could probably hire gosh knows how many planetbound scavenger types who run around on planets foraging and fighting and crawling around in sewers killing monsters and so on, but to prove you are qualified for such a position this new server could prove useful. Think of it, perhaps, as a simulated CEO position/course your character could be taking somewhere in the process of learning the skills such a CEO will be needing to get such a job in "the real game"...

Check it out: http://TwoMoons.MyGamesOnline.org/

Many cryptocoins accepted,,, basically all those that I support in my Open Transactions server, plus LiteCoins whose contract didn't quite make it into that server before the last Open Transactions upgrade/fixes cycle.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 07:23:32 PM

Just to added to the list of games, LiteMoons is also available to play (basically you use LiteCoins in 2Moons to pay for Dark Matter).

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 03:14:29 AM

Well I registered, but can't find how to build a shipyard.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 05:10:44 AM

Well I registered, but can't find how to build a shipyard.

Depending on which game, you should just click on Buildings (on the left side), then you get a level 2 Robot Factory. Then you should be able to build a shipyard.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555
markm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 06:30:19 PM

In general the Technology tab on the main menu on the left should show what the requirements are for each technology, building and ship.

It is worth a look as you develop because in general these types of games tend to have nothing to gain beyond a certain point in some of the technologies. For example I do not think your lasers, ion cannons, and so on - the individual weapon types - get any better by improving their own technology, so once you have enough to build the top ship or defense that uses that type of weapon increasing it further probably does nothing. The "weapon tech" and "armour tech" and "shield tech" keep going up and up, with weapon tech improving all they weapons instead of each weapon's own individual tech continuing to be useful.

In Zorg Empires they customised some of that, making for example the plasma cannon tech able to keep making a difference, but its not usually done because to keep the combat simulator accurate you'd also have to add to the simulator inputs for the individual techs too. I think I would prefer to customise the ship flight formula somewhat before I would do that, as I think improving drive tech only increases speed not distance you can reach nor fuel consumption improvement.

Notice that I have 500 galaxies and they are about as far apart as they are size across, that results in colonisation ships being able to skip one galaxy to reach the next, with 10% speed, but it would be nice if keeping on improving the drive could eventually enable them to go further instead of just going faster, so you could maybe go down to 5% or less speed ad maybe make it to a distance of three galaxies.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: