Bitcoin Forum
September 09, 2024, 06:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Hub don't detect the miners antminer u2  (Read 2481 times)
yoandrey (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:11:18 AM

I have a powered hub and the hub don't detect the 2Xantminer u2 ,both antminers work perfectly directly connected to the ports of the pc ,what to do ?
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

What hub model?

How many Amperes does the power supply of the hub provide?

Are your PC ports USB3?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
yoandrey (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:12:31 PM

No my pc don't have 3.0 usb , the hub is this one http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411135908&sr=8-1&keywords=amazonbasics+usb+hub+3.0, I'm almost sure that the problem is with the drivers .
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:31:50 PM

The hub doesn't need drivers. If your miners work when plugged in directly to the PC, the problem is likely to be with the hub. Does other equipment like a flash drive work on the hub?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:35:04 PM

check to see if they show up in device manager.
sound more like a power issue to me but more info will be useful

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:00:15 PM

check to see if they show up in device manager.
sound more like a power issue to me but more info will be useful

There is a decent chance of this look at model of hub and power.  Most hubs were not built with mining in mind.  There are some that work and have a good amount of power.

If you have right power then check hub with something else such as usb thumb drive.

If drive works look into drivers.

Hopefully between power and drivers you will fix it.
yoandrey (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:04:41 AM

Hub working perfectly with other devices , when I connect the usb miner in device manager I see Unknown Device , I don't think that power is a issue .
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:14:16 PM

Hub working perfectly with other devices , when I connect the usb miner in device manager I see Unknown Device , I don't think that power is a issue .

sorry to say its looking like it is a power issue. thumb drives and stuff use at most 20% the amount a usb miner does. id be willing to bet either the plug dosnt put out enough current or the hub its self is loosing the current internally.

youve tried them directly in the usb port and they worked so theres only the hub that could be the problem.

options are
1. buy a new powerful hub
2. buy a new powerful mains adapter
3. buy a Molex to Barrel jack so the hub plugs directly into you computer PSU i have a few spare but im in the UK

yoandrey (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:57:33 PM

sorry to say its looking like it is a power issue. thumb drives and stuff use at most 20% the amount a usb miner does. id be willing to bet either the plug dosnt put out enough current or the hub its self is loosing the current internally.

youve tried them directly in the usb port and they worked so theres only the hub that could be the problem.

options are
1. buy a new powerful hub
2. buy a new powerful mains adapter
3. buy a Molex to Barrel jack so the hub plugs directly into you computer PSU i have a few spare but im in the UK
Can I have your skype in a PM please I would really appreciate it .
D35TR00

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 07:33:53 PM

I had the same problem with my U2s. I replaced my 3.0 hub with a 2.0 and now my U2s work fine.
andyawhite25

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:13:57 AM

I have a powered hub and the hub don't detect the 2Xantminer u2 ,both antminers work perfectly directly connected to the ports of the pc ,what to do ?

I have the same probnlem as yours My Hub don't detect the miners antminer and finding this post is great chance to fix my problem too...thanks for sharing ideas for this kind of problems...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: