Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:06:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: most efficient mining software for sandy bridge  (Read 3871 times)
navjack (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 10:24:58 PM

i just got this new laptop with a intel i3-2310M and its blazing fast imho. its based on the sandy bridge architecture and can theoretically use directcompute and opencl, in fact i have them both enabled and they show up as working in gpu-z

my real question is what mining program would be the best to take advantage of my 2 cores (4 threads in all)

so far i am using
Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 5 -t 4 -o http://deepbit.net:8332 -u xxx -p xxx
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3486.0
and i push about 5.5MHash/s. the wiki and other sources of information seem either out of date or just i question the technical information behind it. some of the mining programs i cant figure out how to use, due to my lazyness and lack of wanting a python based interface. but if you can change my mind, i'd love to switch.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 10:32:52 PM

Not worth the trouble. Mine with your GPU, if you have one.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
navjack (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 10:56:23 PM

well herp your flying derpness. how am i supposto be using a gpu? huh? really, send me a desktop with a gpu then. im just asking WHAT is better if anything. im not some dumbass here. i know a gpu, infact my broken desktops gtx280 and 5770 would RAKE IN cash, but its broken.
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 11:09:08 PM

well herp your flying derpness. how am i supposto be using a gpu? huh? really, send me a desktop with a gpu then. im just asking WHAT is better if anything. im not some dumbass here. i know a gpu, infact my broken desktops gtx280 and 5770 would RAKE IN cash, but its broken.

You just said you had OpenCL enabled on your notebook, you can use any of the GPU miners with that. Now go back to /b/.
PwrLeveld

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 11:10:04 PM

BAKE that 5770. Oh, and you would be losing money using your sandy. In all honesty why do you think most dedicated miners are using AMD Semprons because CPU mining is beyond unprofitable.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:36:30 AM

I get 17.1 Mh/s on a non overclocked 2500K sandy bridge.   I figure 1000 Mh/s will generate 5.11 bitcoin over 24 hours, at $5 per BTC that is $31.95.  Thus 17.1 Mh/s will generate about $0.55 a day.  The processor cost $209 but can be on sale for $199.  Thus, a month it will generate $16.50 in BTC, or about 3 BTC.  A year of use will give a free microprocessor (assuming no BTC crash).
dingus

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:39:15 AM

Either: [a]. join a pool or . mine with a decent ati gpu.

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:46:15 AM

I get 17.1 Mh/s on a non overclocked 2500K sandy bridge.   I figure 1000 Mh/s will generate 5.11 bitcoin over 24 hours, at $5 per BTC that is $31.95.  Thus 17.1 Mh/s will generate about $0.55 a day.  The processor cost $209 but can be on sale for $199.  Thus, a month it will generate $16.50 in BTC, or about 3 BTC.  A year of use will give a free microprocessor (assuming no BTC crash).

This doesn't take into account difficulty changes, the most likely of which is UP - WAY UP. Which is how CPUs got to be unusable for the purpose in the first place.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
travex

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:57:04 AM

What CPU miner do you use and what is the command line mate ?
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 03:59:21 AM

i just got this new laptop with a intel i3-2310M and its blazing fast imho. its based on the sandy bridge architecture and can theoretically use directcompute and opencl, in fact i have them both enabled and they show up as working in gpu-z

my real question is what mining program would be the best to take advantage of my 2 cores (4 threads in all)

so far i am using
Code:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 5 -t 4 -o http://deepbit.net:8332 -u xxx -p xxx
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3486.0
and i push about 5.5MHash/s.

Is your electricity free?

If not, you are losing money.

steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 04:37:13 AM

I get 17.1 Mh/s on a non overclocked 2500K sandy bridge.   I figure 1000 Mh/s will generate 5.11 bitcoin over 24 hours, at $5 per BTC that is $31.95.  Thus 17.1 Mh/s will generate about $0.55 a day.  The processor cost $209 but can be on sale for $199.  Thus, a month it will generate $16.50 in BTC, or about 3 BTC.  A year of use will give a free microprocessor (assuming no BTC crash).

What CPU miner do you use and what is the command line mate ?

ufasoft.  The line in OP above or standard settings gives the same rate.  I will check overclocking speeds when I return the motherboard tomorrow for a new released z68 board which allows overclocking and onboard graphics.  But, you can still put in a 5850 or something and still mine to give a little xtraboost.  Intel is suppose to be coming out at end of year with a new processor that supports directx 11 - ivy bridge.  I have an H67 board that does not recognize the Intel 3000 correctly and does not allow overclocking.

from deepbit page.
CPU :: Ufasoft's SSE2 miner
Example:
bitcoin-miner.exe -a 5 -o http://deepbit.net:8332 -u example@example.com -p password
navjack (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:19:46 PM

context clues. inferencing. all of these abilities could help all of you answer my simple question. i'm done with this forum, idiots. i think i know my technology enough to figure out what i need more of to do better. its just asking if there is a mining client out there that is even more optimized for my particular sandy bridge i3. idiots who think laptops can be overclocked. people who think a broken desktop is actually working. wtf.
petercyr

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 08:24:12 PM

attitude +1
Kick

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 08:57:01 PM

context clues. inferencing. all of these abilities could help all of you answer my simple question. i'm done with this forum, idiots. i think i know my technology enough to figure out what i need more of to do better. its just asking if there is a mining client out there that is even more optimized for my particular sandy bridge i3. idiots who think laptops can be overclocked. people who think a broken desktop is actually working. wtf.

laptops cant be overclocked? go google. broken desktop...right, elaborate. i believe you're making yourself look like the fool here. only an idiot goes to a forum DEDICATED to something and bashes them for not helping.

how bout you get your herp derpness out of here before it spreads.

freaking rtards these days. you expect the answer within the first page of the thread? get out of here. you mustve been babied and still are.

i suggest u open your eyes and think twice before you type another thing. glad to see dumbass people like you gone.

a quick search or google wouldve helped you, but no, you're not even smart enough to do that.

how bout searching up cpu miners or anything like that.

also, if you READ the posts and saw that people said cpu mining isnt really recommended, you can conclude that there ISNT a demand for a highly optimized SB miner.

derp?

vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 09:13:06 PM

the best thing you can do is not mine with a cpu. That much was already said.
PwrLeveld

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:31:15 PM

laptops cant be overclocked? go google. broken desktop...right, elaborate. i believe you're making yourself look like the fool here. only an idiot goes to a forum DEDICATED to something and bashes them for not helping.

freaking rtards these days. you expect the answer within the first page of the thread? get out of here. you mustve been babied and still are.

i suggest u open your eyes and think twice before you type another thing. glad to see dumbass people like you gone.

a quick search or google wouldve helped you, but no, you're not even smart enough to do that.

also, if you READ the posts and saw that people said cpu mining isnt really recommended, you can conclude that there ISNT a demand for a highly optimized SB miner.

derp?
Just to be that jerk.
Laptops can be overclocked. Cool
Although not extensivley it can be done. I know one manufacturer provides software to do it but I forget who.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Kick

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 12:15:39 AM

derp?
Just to be that jerk.
Laptops can be overclocked. Cool
Although not extensivley it can be done. I know one manufacturer provides software to do it but I forget who.

it was rhetorical. no shit laptops can be overclocked. im trying to show how stupid that guy is for saying it cant.

PwrLeveld

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 12:36:58 AM

I know I was just being an analytical d****.

Kick

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 01:02:11 AM

I know I was just being an analytical d****.

no worries. this thread lets u unleash your A-h*le side.

PwrLeveld

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 01:12:06 AM

I think intel computer should say either A**hole inside, or We illegaly took market share from AMD and are still profiting from it even after a lawsuit inside.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: