Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:31:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone explain me the exact reasons for the hate on Monero?  (Read 1804 times)
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:27:39 PM

HONEST TRUTH: People hate it because it is actually a legitimate, fairly launched, POW, fully anonymous crypto with a solid dev team. They are afraid of it taking over their precious alts.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:28:50 PM

was it very expensive to hire them for the review ?  who paid this, rpietila ?

~CfA~

Some of their work has been on a volunteer basis, and some has been paid for, depending on the impact on their time. We (the core team) paid for it out of our pockets, and recovered a small part of what we have spent from donations. rpietila is among the people that have made donations.

thats cool, hopefully u guys can figure out the exploit 'story' and fix this in the code should there really be a major threat

certainly will make Monero much stronger than b4

~CfA~

instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:29:55 PM

Thanks for the overview, fluffypony
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:47:18 PM

HONEST TRUTH: People hate it because it is actually a legitimate, fairly launched, POW, fully anonymous crypto with a solid dev team. They are afraid of it taking over their precious alts.

Yep.
hf100

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:14:46 PM

Too many threads.

/thread

I agree with this reason, thread overload.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:33:21 PM

Everyone expects shills, it's part of the game, but XMR went overboard. For a long time the shills and their paymasters had a free run. Then it got too much, which meant a backlash.

If the shilling stops, and the outrageous claims and idiotic self-moderated threads cease, XMR will get no hate.

Then the fake volume on Poloniex will stop, and we can al get back to normal.

:-)

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:39:45 PM

This is all very true but I would add forked from a project embroiled in a major controversy over a massive premine / ninjamine, faked dates on white papers etc. In short a very legitimate project that in the process of its creation and development ruffled large quantities of very scammy feathers.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:09:07 AM

I dont have a reason to dislike the coin personally I do think the number of posts and threads annoys some folks from what I have seen.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:55:34 AM

I assumed you were another reverse shill, but no. You really do believe that's the sole reason it's come under any sort of fire. Shocking

I wouldn't say it is the sole reason but it is a significant one. Plus every single significant participant in this forum gets hate. It is a vile hate-filled culture.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:57:54 AM

I dont have a reason to dislike the coin personally I do think the number of posts and threads annoys some folks from what I have seen.

Most of that is manufactured by trolls and shills who want to stir up hate. It begs the question why the do that.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:00:28 AM

Everyone expects shills, it's part of the game, but XMR went overboard. For a long time the shills and their paymasters had a free run. Then it got too much, which meant a backlash.

Lies. There is no other word for it.

If the shilling stops, and the outrageous claims and idiotic self-moderated threads cease, XMR will get no hate.

Impossible or at least implausible because the shilling is being done by people who want the hate to continue. They have no reason to stop.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:20:15 AM

I assumed you were another reverse shill, but no. You really do believe that's the sole reason it's come under any sort of fire. Shocking

I wouldn't say it is the sole reason but it is a significant one. Plus every single significant participant in this forum gets hate. It is a vile hate-filled culture.

I agree with the fact this is a vile hate filled culture but strongly disagree with the idea that's a significant reason XMR gets hate. There's a number of reasons I like XMR and a number of reasons I dislike it.

None of the reasons I dislike it are anything to do with the fact it's a " legitimate, fairly launched, POW, fully anonymous crypto with a solid dev team" and to assume so is trivialising the issue. like saying the truth is the only reason people hate Justin Bieber is because he's a legitimate talented songwriter with more money, fame & girls than whoever hates hates him. Are people not allowed to dislike something without it being written off as them being nothing more than jealous haters anymore?

Lies. There is no other word for it.

Impossible or at least implausible because the shilling is being done by people who want the hate to continue. They have no reason to stop.

It's an easy task for any one with an IQ above room temperature to differentiate the shilling of XMR by genuine supporters, and those that were reactionary reverse shills intended to cause hatred towards XMR. To be clear it's not the fake shills I have an issue with- why would I seeing as they are not representative of the actual community- it was the real shills, the real outrageous claims and the real excessive marketing spam that was the issue.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:27:41 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 01:44:10 AM by smooth

What can I or any member of the Monero team personally do to address your concerns?

Please be careful in your reply not to say things like "stop the shilling" because that assumes I or we have any control or influence over these alleged pro-Monero shills (and we don't, but that's not really the point, I'm simply asking you to not assume we do).

Something like "stop paying shills to promote Monero" is actually a reasonable reply even though my reply would be that there aren't any paid shills (at least not by us).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: