Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's worst year  (Read 5227 times)
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:16:02 PM

Prices dropped to 371. This is a big event in terms of bitcoin's image. Nobody will want to trade it anymore, for a while. This is not a sane market, where you can loose or gain 20% in a day. I presume we'll eventually hit 266 mark and stay low for the next months, maybe a full year.

I'm confident in BTC as a technology but the speculation shit has come to an end. I feel sorry for the folks that bought with dreams of get rich quick and lost a shitload of money.

It feels painful to see what happened last 8 months. Prove me I'm an idiot, prove me I'm wrong but I think the bottom is much much lower and a trend reversal is at least a year away.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:18:45 PM

Prices dropped to 371. This is a big event in terms of bitcoin's image. Nobody will want to trade it anymore, for a while. This is not a sane market, where you can loose or gain 20% in a day. I presume we'll eventually hit 266 mark and stay low for the next months, maybe a full year.

I'm confident in BTC as a technology but the speculation shit has come to an end. I feel sorry for the folks that bought with dreams of get rich quick and lost a shitload of money.

It feels painful to see what happened last 8 months. Prove me I'm an idiot, prove me I'm wrong but I think the bottom is much much lower and a trend reversal is at least a year away.
Servers them right. That's what happens when you try to get rich quick with no actual work. The lower the price gets, the nicer it is to see these idiots get financially ruined.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:20:46 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 03:37:51 PM by Malin Keshar

This is not end, until it ends.

Rocky Balboa
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:21:18 PM

Servers them right. That's what happens when you try to get rich quick with no actual work. The lower the price gets, the nicer it is to see these idiots get financially ruined.

Why would it be nice to see another man's misfortune?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:21:34 PM

The lower the price gets, the more stable bitcoin will be the more suitable it become for trading. Simple as that, Bitcoin is just turning into money.
For the rest, Bitcoin would need to get to single digits for anyone to can say it is its worse year.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Sevvero

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

Idiots need to pay for their stupidity and laziness.
area3121

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:22:43 PM

nothing can predict this year price break down to lower the btc price history...

DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:32:52 PM

Well, those who lost intended to get rich at the expense of the others, but it turned out the others got rich at the expense of them.

Why feel sorry for them? They knew they could lose, but they were too greedy and proceeded anyway.
Sevvero

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:36:37 PM

Well, those who lost intended to get rich at the expense of the others, but it turned out the others got rich at the expense of them.

Why feel sorry for them? They knew they could lose, but they were too greedy and proceeded anyway.
Exactly, the greedy fucks deserve misfortune and bankruptcy. They didn't want to work fairly like normal people, but get rich quick via scam.
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 01:39:38 PM

Omg, what just cause the crash in price?
Sevvero

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:40:49 PM

Omg, what just cause the crash in price?
People waking up to the scam, whales getting rid of scam coins. Sell now or lose all! It will drop much more!
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:43:45 PM

Right because no one here worked for the money to buy BTC in the first place.  Your an idiot dude
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:17:22 PM

In 2011 there was much bigger price fall and Bitcoin only increased it's strength after!
jcoin200

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:19:22 PM

In 2011 there was much bigger price fall and Bitcoin only increased it's strength after!

And think of last fall.  When the price hit $400, there was lots of optimism.  Were back to $400, but not the same optimism.  Undecided
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:24:08 PM

The current marketcap is insufficient for serious business. Bitcoin has to be a lot more expensive, or it stay as niche market protocol (even then, if successful and that niche market is drugs, the market cap is too small).

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:32:45 PM

And think of last fall.  When the price hit $400, there was lots of optimism.  Were back to $400, but not the same optimism.  Undecided

Yes do think about it. The forum sentiment is currently in the depths of despair and the price is $400. Last autumn we were breaking out surging above the previous ATH with sentiment hugely bullish and a price of $400. We have come far.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

God almighty, this place is exactly like it was in 2010.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:24:53 PM

some things just keep cycling.
uhoh

Activity: 742

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:30:24 PM

And just when I was trying to work out what was missing from this crash, he returns Smiley
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:34:51 PM

year 2014 was not good for crypto
litecoin also had bad time this year
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: