Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:32:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobody is really shorting bitcoins...  (Read 3573 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:30:32 PM

And it is still dropping like a cherry.  Don't forget on upswings people are leveraging this thing to the max.  Wait until people start to leverage their shorts to the max.  $100-200 incoming.  Definitely more and more confident of this statement.  I've been saying this for the last 6-7 months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:34:49 PM

And it is still dropping like a cherry.  Don't forget on upswings people are leveraging this thing to the max.  Wait until people start to leverage their shorts to the max.  $100-200 incoming.  Definitely more and more confident of this statement.  I've been saying this for the last 6-7 months.

You haven't been saying it that long (you've made totally accurate calls thus far, mostly towards the downside, but not that severe until recently... I just make that note for the sake of accuracy).

So, when do you believe this will happen? I certainly think it is a possibility, but I think we'll hit somewhere close to the last bottom... probably around a $342 to $350... and then get a jump up back to the low to mid-400s in the shorter trading term. After that, the market will need to decide whether it wants to rally up or if it wants to take another step down (this would be in approximately a month that we'd hit that fork). More or less, the same progression as the last larger leg (down to $440-$450 range, up to low $500s, generally flat for a while, and then this second big downturn).

Is that assessment relatively fair?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:25:26 PM

One thing I have learned these past months is that sometimes its worth listening to bears. Anyway, I hope it happens. I am confident the price will eventually go to at least 100k, and it will go fast when it does happen. With this in mind I have a target number of coins and a plan to spend them that will let me live on them for the rest of my life. The lower the price goes, the sooner I get there, the more overall money I eventually make, both short and long term. Bring on those dumps.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:50:42 PM

One thing I have learned these past months is that sometimes its worth listening to bears. Anyway, I hope it happens. I am confident the price will eventually go to at least 100k, and it will go fast when it does happen. With this in mind I have a target number of coins and a plan to spend them that will let me live on them for the rest of my life. The lower the price goes, the sooner I get there, the more overall money I eventually make, both short and long term. Bring on those dumps.

Thats your story when you want cheap coins. What about on the way to yours 100k, would you be happy to go first to $5k then again back to $300 just to pick some "your thinking guys"?

Like saying let "random succesful company" burn down so I can buy it for 10% and then sell it in few year for 500% todays price.

Does not compute really. Your thoughts are flawed and you might also get lucky this time.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:57:44 PM

Thats your story when you want cheap coins. What about on the way to yours 100k, would you be happy to go first to $5k then again back to $300 just to pick some "your thinking guys"?

Like saying let "random succesful company" burn down so I can buy it for 10% and then sell it in few year for 500% todays price.

Does not compute really. Your thoughts are flawed and you might also get lucky this time.
5k to 300 would be a dream come true. And also utterly unrealistic.

MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:07:10 PM

BS. Many people wishing about $100 and we were at $1100. Quite similar.

Good thing is that even if such low prices come, there won't be a lot of guys catching bottom and holding to the top. So, there won't be a lot of winners, but BTC will still be one of the losers to lost 80-90%. If BTC fail, even guys catching bottom will lose money, so no difference if you buy at $100 or $1000 if BTC fails.

So guys don't wish for too low prices, cause they are bad for BTC. And also read lines above why are not good for guys without enough coins.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:11:41 PM

you have to have really big balls to short bitcoin at this level.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

Dude you are an amateur. As for "no one is really shorting bitcoins" - I made over $65k shorting the last 2 days. And I am planning shorting some more, probably down to around 340-360 range.

But eventually the bear market will find a bottom. And no, it won't be at $100.

Just like any bull can be right in a bull market, any bear can be right in a bear market. The other reasons you give for your "analysis" should not be taken seriously, imo.
Newbie1022

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:15:35 PM

Or you short at the earlier spike up to $408 (I caught $405 as my average) and you place a stop loss a couple hours later at $409. If you do that... gigantic whopper balls aren't even required.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:16:35 PM

BS. Many people wishing about $100 and we were at $1100. Quite similar.

Good thing is that even if such low prices come, there won't be a lot of guys catching bottom and holding to the top. So, there won't be a lot of winners, but BTC will still be one of the losers to lost 80-90%. If BTC fail, even guys catching bottom will lose money, so no difference if you buy at $100 or $1000 if BTC fails.

So guys don't wish for too low prices, cause they are bad for BTC. And also read lines above why are not good for guys without enough coins.
100 wont happen. 200s maybe, maybe even 250 or lower just to shatter established patterns. But not below 200. I'd be willing to make a small wager on that if you feel so inclined.

And I actually do have "enough" coins by now. Jut not as many as I want.

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:16:42 PM

My balls aren't big enough, but still:

Newbie1022

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:20:46 PM

Just use a narrower stop loss (or, effectively, a stop gain if you haven't already taken profits earlier). You know what the TA targets are. Do that and you can short to your heart's content... what are you risking, maybe a percent or two?
An amorous cow-herder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:26:23 PM

100 wont happen.
Dont be too sure about that.
I still remember the last november rally. I was going like "are you guys nuts?".
With my personal calculations BTC had a hefty surcharge even at $100.
BTC has grown in value since from fundamental reasons (more merchant adoption, ATMs) but it would still have a speculative surchage at $100 (and obviously it will allways have), but thats nowhere as high as it would have been in in 2013.
Based on WWAVD (What would a vulcan do) it wouldnt drop below Oct 2013 levels. On the other hand Oct 2013 levels wouldnt have been as high based on WWAVD.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:40:04 PM

100 wont happen.
I still remember the last november rally. I was going like "are you guys nuts?".
BTC has grown in value since from fundamental reasons (more merchant adoption, ATMs) but it would still have a speculative surchage at $100 (and obviously it will allways have), but thats nowhere as high as it would have been in in 2013.
Based on WWAVD (What would a vulcan do) it wouldnt drop below Oct 2013 levels. On the other hand Oct 2013 levels wouldnt have been as high based on WWAVD.
Bet? Half a coin just for giggles? $100 or lower won't happen, 0.5 btc on the line, yay or nay?

An amorous cow-herder

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:45:42 PM

Bet? Half a coin just for giggles? $100 or lower won't happen, 0.5 btc on the line, yay or nay?
Do you think i am stupid?
WWAVD. Participate in a bet were the reward is worth (nearly) nothing if you win and worth (potentially) a lot if you loose?
Sorry punk, try harder.

Edit: Typos, slightly drunk Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:48:59 PM

It's interesting how you missed a quote there. Anyway, now we know where we both stand and all is well.

An amorous cow-herder

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:53:24 PM

It's interesting how you missed a quote there. Anyway, now we know where we both stand and all is well.
Ok, counterbet.
Lets bet if BTC goes above 500$ by end of next year you get 1BTC, otherwise i get $500 from you?.
Disclaimer: Bet valid as long as BTC is below $500. Wink
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:54:12 PM

Ok, counterbet.
Lets bet if BTC goes above 500$ by end of next year you get 1BTC, otherwise i get $500 from you?.
Done.

An amorous cow-herder

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:56:40 PM

Ok, counterbet.
Done.
Please pm me with details, i will post proof address that i have 1 BTC then.
An amorous cow-herder

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:58:35 PM

Ok, counterbet.
Done.

I quoted it as a third party for you guys. So no editting Smiley
Yeah, well i edited, but since the offer has been approved bevor the expiration date its kinda moot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: