Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just my luck  (Read 1351 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:30:42 PM

My pool does the best it has ever done in the 4 months I have been on it.. BUT MY POWERSUPPLY DIED YESTERDAY SO I GET NO CREDIT.............................

My appt power is fucking horrendous.. varies from freaking 80Vac to 110Vac.. like Fuck..
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:35:02 PM

How do you get no credit? It has only solved one block in 4 months? This doesn't sound too correct.

In the past 24 hours my pool has been on a block solving spree...

For the past 36 hours my miner has been off line do to my shittasit shitty shit appt power constantly blowing my FUCKING powersupplies... TWO FUCKING SUPPLIES.....  AND NO WHERE IN FREAKING CANADA DOES ANYONE SELL A GOD DAMN VOLTAGE REGULATOR like ARGH.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:50:06 PM

How do you get no credit? It has only solved one block in 4 months? This doesn't sound too correct.

In the past 24 hours my pool has been on a block solving spree...

For the past 36 hours my miner has been off line do to my shittasit shitty shit appt power constantly blowing my FUCKING powersupplies... TWO FUCKING SUPPLIES.....  AND NO WHERE IN FREAKING CANADA DOES ANYONE SELL A GOD DAMN VOLTAGE REGULATOR like ARGH.
Calm down, now it may be very disapointing that you weren't up and running for this but since coins are down you can always buy a bit to cheer yourself up. It sounds like unless you move there isn't going to be an easy solution to your power issue.

I might make a voltage regulator MUHAHAHAHAHA or buy UPS's but that is expensive.

Actually it might be easier just to make beastly power supply..

guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

A UPS would be nice, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it for you.

At least the nice thing with most miners is that if there's a power outage, the miner will start mining again right when it receives power. With Windows and GPU's that sometimes wasn't the case.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:49:03 PM

A UPS would be nice, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it for you.

At least the nice thing with most miners is that if there's a power outage, the miner will start mining again right when it receives power. With Windows and GPU's that sometimes wasn't the case.
That and a high wattage one is crazy expensive, for one for an average good wattage miner you're talking 200$.

Not even I got two for $80 per unit at 550VA.  One for my computer, 1 for my high end miner.. the other was not protected Sad.  Factory Direct has a 800VA on right now for 79.99, I'm considering it!!

TBH I am more upset I require a new PS.  The loss on the mining pool was just the cherry lol damn you luck!!
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:17:27 AM

A simple solution is to stop mining if you have inadequate hardware or power.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: