Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:20:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Butterfly Labs closing down ?  (Read 2092 times)
TheGeorge (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 05:03:42 PM by TheGeorge

^^^Title speaks for itself...

Update: Everything I thought of investing in ButterFly Labs will now be used to try out Cloud Mining Website. If u chose to join them, please use my referral cloudmining.website/?r=2100
The Doktor

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

DOGEvangelist

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:40:15 PM

I can't believe they didn't close down a long time ago, either by legal action or because they were the scene of a mass shooting. Their actions were certainly deserving of both of those possible outcomes.

"In DOGE We Trust"
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:43:15 PM

I heard rumors that their offices were raided and workers were told to go home. If law enforcement is sending home workers then I could only assume they, for all effective purposes are already closed.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 09:58:05 PM

Key here is that it's a RUMOR from an unconfirmed source as it stands right now. I really do hope this is true. This is something that should have happened years ago, but we all know how slow US government is when it comes to responding to something.

RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:38:57 PM

Key here is that it's a RUMOR from an unconfirmed source as it stands right now. I really do hope this is true. This is something that should have happened years ago, but we all know how slow US government is when it comes to responding to something.

100% disagree. They are very fast at taking action against something that threats the Federal Reserve aka USD monopoly. See... Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi just said that they'll accept something other than USD against their oil and they're finished within months Shocked

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:59:21 PM

I expect more of the following to follow: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bitcoin-pools/350-eclipse-mining-consortium-no-fee-pps-dgm-sms-2fa-gbt-stratum-vardiff-156.html#post86096

I sent an email to support about missing payouts and I got no reply back?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:18:21 PM

They should put all the BFL team in jail. For...2 weeks.
gorgatron

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:50:45 AM

The offices were closed, assets were seized (not sure to what extent), and some members of mgmt were supposedly arrested this morning. Info on the web is still sparse. I worked for BFL for a period of time, and still know a few people there. I received word at 11:30 am that Federal agents had entered the building, seized everything at the facility, and told everyone to go home. They were also told that they should prepare for the possibility of not coming back. As the day progressed, I've received a few documents that I have not yet had time to open, and am not sure I could share the contents here, since I'm not positive how binding the non-disclosure agreement we were forced to sign in mid-2013 is still enforceable, and if so, would they even bother enforcing it. Obviously, I'm not taking chances by posting anything sensitive in this forum. I trust users here about as much as I do the "masterminds" at BFL. I'm also convinced that while BFL was arguably the worst offender and provided the worst service to customers than I think I've ever witnessed, most companies involved in BTC are shady as hell. All the same, the "rumors" are true at least in part. Sadly, as far as I've gathered, only 3 members of upper mgmt had arrest warrants, while a few other shareholders, who arguably deserve the same treatment as those reportedly arrested, were not mentioned at all. For those of you hoping that Josh was one of them, I'm sorry to disappoint.Other former BFL have also posted here in the forums regarding the matter, and might have additional information that I haven't received. I avoid the place like the fucking plague, and only have a couple contacts there who I trust would tell the truth... Mainly former fellow disgruntled employees who were either not fired or didn't leave because they hadn't found other employment. Though the group of employees that tried to push back against the awful practices employed by mgmt were extremely small, they existed. Of course, once it became known that you were not for towing the company line, you could start counting your days. That place was a cancer, and this needed to happen.

Sorry, I cannot provide more info at current, and despite the usual skepticism found here and remarks to provide corroborating documentation which may arise, this is the only confirmation I'll post, unless I find something of interest that hasn't been shared. In the coming days, you'll read for yourself and find that my account, while not spot on, given the information came from a few different sources, it's also not too far off from the truth. I'm sure some BFL hack will take to these forums soon to try some futile damage control filled with nothing but lies and half-truths, but at the moment, it seems as if all of their bullshit caught up with them. And as one poster above correctly noted, this should have happened long ago.

Keep reading. There is plenty of excitement in store in days to come.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 01:03:13 AM

^ I want to believe everything you said, but I'm reading with a lot of skepticism so far. What you said seems to contradict what another outside witness has said, HERE, unless he came when all the action was already over. As of now, I don't believe it yet (although I do wish it were true) until there are real sources that can confirm what you're saying.

gorgatron

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:52:32 AM

^ I want to believe everything you said, but I'm reading with a lot of skepticism so far. What you said seems to contradict what another outside witness has said, HERE, unless he came when all the action was already over. As of now, I don't believe it yet (although I do wish it were true) until there are real sources that can confirm what you're saying.

I'm posting over int hat same thread now, so that's where I'll be posting after answering responding to you. I received my info at 11:30 am CST. The federal agents supposedly entered 1-1.5 hrs prior. Employees were sent home. I know a few, and have been in contact with one. The former BFL employees still in contact with each other all discovered the same info from a few different people. I know they shut down everything immediately and sent everyone home, and they have no idea when or if they are going back. The FTC is bringing a case against them as well, which is no surprise to to their prior investigation and the complaints which resulted in the class-action brought against them a few months back... Not the one still gearing up from a firm here in KC, MO. I've heard, and have been getting more confirmations throughout the day that two members of upper mgmt have been arrested. Their assets are also frozen from all reports.

Also, look at the few posts I've made in these forums. I've never an outspoken proponent of this company, even during he short time I was employed there. Either here or elsewhere, I've remarked that all of the community members saying shit like, "All BFL employees must die!" and all that shit really didn't understand how the company worked, and at least about half the time I worked there was guilty of many accusations being made, but were guilty of some for sure, but often not the worst. This did change, however. At any rate, I'm not here as some fucking giant conspiracy. This is costing BFL money. BFL would not engage in a profit-losing conspiracy, and definitely one that is going to make them look considerably worse.. If that's even possible at this point. In the coming weeks, I'll bet that you'll be able to pull up documents detailing the FTC's actions in conjunction with the US Marshals. IF BFL employees are back to work on Monday, I might eat my shoe.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:13:08 AM

Hopefully they are closing down.
I mean, they scammed tens of thousands of dollars over the years...hundreds of thousands...

Millions dude ... millions
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:15:07 PM

I'm also convinced that while BFL was arguably the worst offender and provided the worst service to customers than I think I've ever witnessed

Have you heard of Alpha-T ?   Grin
coindetective

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:21:34 PM

Where did u get that info?

leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:40:30 PM

I'm posting over int hat same thread now, so that's where I'll be posting after answering responding to you. I received my info at 11:30 am CST. The federal agents supposedly entered 1-1.5 hrs prior. Employees were sent home. I know a few, and have been in contact with one. The former BFL employees still in contact with each other all discovered the same info from a few different people. I know they shut down everything immediately and sent everyone home, and they have no idea when or if they are going back. The FTC is bringing a case against them as well, which is no surprise to to their prior investigation and the complaints which resulted in the class-action brought against them a few months back... Not the one still gearing up from a firm here in KC, MO. I've heard, and have been getting more confirmations throughout the day that two members of upper mgmt have been arrested. Their assets are also frozen from all reports.

Also, look at the few posts I've made in these forums. I've never an outspoken proponent of this company, even during he short time I was employed there. Either here or elsewhere, I've remarked that all of the community members saying shit like, "All BFL employees must die!" and all that shit really didn't understand how the company worked, and at least about half the time I worked there was guilty of many accusations being made, but were guilty of some for sure, but often not the worst. This did change, however. At any rate, I'm not here as some fucking giant conspiracy. This is costing BFL money. BFL would not engage in a profit-losing conspiracy, and definitely one that is going to make them look considerably worse.. If that's even possible at this point. In the coming weeks, I'll bet that you'll be able to pull up documents detailing the FTC's actions in conjunction with the US Marshals. IF BFL employees are back to work on Monday, I might eat my shoe.
I also would likely to believe you and I do hope it is true because of the massive amounts of money they have scammed from their customers. However with that being said you are a very new user on here with little history. Do you have any kind of news link or other independent source?

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
TheGeorge (OP)

Activity: 133

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:02:26 PM

I also would likely to believe you and I do hope it is true because of the massive amounts of money they have scammed from their customers. However with that being said you are a very new user on here with little history. Do you have any kind of news link or other independent source?

They have gone down for the good Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: