Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:40:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel bad bandwagon bulls (ie the non tech savy bull)  (Read 2783 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:05:57 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 12:54:51 AM by Xiaoxiao

I'm getting kind of old, in my late 20s.  I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I really feel bad for the folks in their late 30s, late 40s, 50s, etc, who have spent their kids college funds/ mortgage on high risk cryptos.

And now they are just in a state of utter shock, wondering why they their money hasn't quadrupled like the early investors.  Hey man, you've been a plumber all your life, stick with it.  Do what you're good at.  Stop trying to get rich quick.  Quick money is no money.

Proverbs 13:11

With that being said, i'm afraid things are going to go further south.  Not the slightest of dead cat bounce sub 400.  That is scary.  a bit over sold, but way over bought for way too long.  1 click of the mouse, and this thing hits 200... yes one drunken night from an early adopter, and this thing hits the fan... come on.

Nobody is trying to buy btc right now for btc...  ppl buy gold for gold... ppl buy btc to sell btc at a later point.

Folks, don't risk it trying to get rich.  What good is it to gain wealth and lose one's dignity and risk it all?

edit-- what inspired me to write the latter part of this post was 1) the guy that bought BTC with his honeymoon fund 2) the guy that sold his house for 600 btc's in January, wow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:36:38 AM

I'm getting kind of old, in my late 20s.  I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I really feel bad for the folks in their late 30s, late 40s, 50s, etc, who have spent their kids college funds/ mortgage on high risk cryptos.

And now they are just in a state of utter shock, wondering why they their money hasn't quadrupled like the early investors.  Hey man, you've been a plumber all your life, stick with it.  Do what you're good at.  Stop trying to get rich quick.  Quick money is no money.

With that being said, i'm afraid things are going to go further south.  Not the slightest of dead cat bounce sub 400.  That is scary.  a bit over sold, but way over bought for way too long.  1 click of the mouse, and this thing hits 200... yes one drunken night from an early adopter, and this thing hits the fan... come on.

Nobody is trying to buy btc right now for btc...  ppl buy gold for gold... ppl buy btc to sell btc at a later point.

Folks, don't risk it trying to get rich.  What good is it to gain wealth and lose one's dignity and risk it all?

people also do not buy gold for gold,

they buy gold to sell or use it later in life.

Same counts for expensive paintings, they buy them to sell them for profit later.

Sure, gold and paintings have some use, but gold in bar form is not that useful, and ugly paintings neither, they have value because people believe in the value.

Bitcoin also has value, it's just that right now, it's considered not that valuable, but just wait until people realize what bitcoin can really do.

It can really change the whole economy, and the way we think about money. And it will do so.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:09:35 PM

Nobody is trying to buy btc right now for btc...  ppl buy gold for gold... ppl buy btc to sell btc at a later point.

You're getting kind of old in your 20s?

Seriously? LOL

I think the Power Rangers are still on...

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

Hey now, power rangers is awesome.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

Aaand, added OP to my ignore list. I suggest you all do the same.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:11:59 PM

Very strongly considering it, but he is just above my retardation cutoff. At least he uses whole sentences and real words.

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:15:16 PM

Very strongly considering it, but he is just above my retardation cutoff. At least he uses whole sentences and real words.

I have no ignore list. Maybe I should make one. Undecided

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:18:58 PM

Technically his sentences may be correct but its content is still retarded enough to enter the ignore list.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Technically his sentences may be correct but its content is still retarded enough to enter the ignore list.
Well, it's kind of like Crazy Uncle Albert with Alzheimers. Yeah it's mostly useless or worse, but occasionally something can be gleaned.

becker

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

Nobody is trying to buy btc right now for btc...  ppl buy gold for gold... ppl buy btc to sell btc at a later point.

I'd bet more people involved in "real" crypto development are in their 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's than 20's. I'm not talking about copiers.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:11:06 PM

This is pretty low manipulative tripe even for you Xiao.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:46:59 PM

I used to have the same principle. Only "full retards" went on my ignore list.

But then newbie jail was abandoned. And one fallling sockpuppet after another appeared. And shroomskit's passive-aggressive rants during. every. fucking. drop. really got on my nerves.

So I started handing out ignores more liberally. Troll, smart or not, goes on my ignore. I make one exception, for jorgetrollfi, because he's our resident  anti-Bitcoin celebrity. Xiao here went on my ignore about a week ago - for manipulative book talking at its finest.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:55:25 PM

But then newbie jail was abandoned. And one fallling sockpuppet after another appeared. And shroomskit's passive-aggressive rants during. every. fucking. drop. really got on my nerves.

So I started handing out ignores more liberally. Troll, smart or not, goes on my ignore. I make one exception, for jorgetrollfi, because he's our resident  anti-Bitcoin celebrity. Xiao here went on my ignore about a week ago - for manipulative book talking at its finest.

I think removal of newbie jail has worsened the forum considerably. How is it a good thing for the majority of posters to have to /ignore a lots of new posters on a regular basis? Casual visitors or newbies to the site also have to contend with a significant number of book talking troll manipulation threads like this one spamming the front page, and drowning out anything of meaning or value.

Blitz: perhaps you could look into reinstituting newbie jail?
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

I think removal of newbie jail has worsened the forum considerably. How is it a good thing for the majority of posters to have to /ignore a lots of new posters on a regular basis? Casual visitors or newbies to the site also have to contend with a significant number of book talking troll manipulation threads like this one spamming the front page, and drowning out anything of meaning or value.

Problem is, xiao isn't a newbie. He just decided to take an influence on the market, and posts accordingly now. Even possible that he sold his account. Doesn't really matter though what the reason is: my point is, newbie jail doesn't help for cases like this (and stupid as this thread is, it doesn't warrant deletion either).

But agreed on the request to get back newbie probation. There's a petition in the 'meta' forum asking for exactly that, but it looks like theymos (who's realistically the one to address in this matter) doesn't see the need to do so :/

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

Problem is, xiao isn't a newbie. He just decided to take an influence on the market, and posts accordingly now. Even possible that he sold his account. Doesn't really matter though what the reason is: my point is, newbie jail doesn't help for cases like this (and stupid as this thread is, it doesn't warrant deletion either).

But agreed on the request to get back newbie probation. There's a petition in the 'meta' forum asking for exactly that, but it looks like theymos (who's realistically the one to address in this matter) doesn't see the need to do so :/

True this garbage thread will probably remain undeleted. Newbie jail would stop the proliferation of troll alts from spamming the main page with threads though. Maybe a PM to theymos may help.
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:50:38 PM

Nobody is trying to buy btc right now for btc... 

Wrong. Everything else is not worth commenting on. But this bit here is a lie - many people buy btc for btc. Have a nice day.

i am satoshi
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:59:51 PM

I did this weeks ago.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:54:10 PM

what you don't understand is that bitcoin is designed to function as money not as an industrial commodity.
people need a system of money to do business, and the current paper money system is broken.
bitcoin's best times will come when the current paper money system fails and people will look for a replacement.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 07:52:34 AM

yes one drunken night from an early adopter, and this thing hits the fan... come on.

We can say the same for some investor. There are people around for which 50 mil $ is pocket change. Also, some financial crysis may kick in very soon. Actually those are the only two things that can help the price of Bitcoin. It's already kind of widely adopted among merchant, that much that Paypal adoption may only drive us up like 2x. All the geeks are in, what we need investors and scared mass.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:59:25 AM

Why would you ignore him?  I mean, he does have his points.  The Bitcoin distribution ain't that great, so one drunken guy really can ruin your world heh.  Keep Rptiela away from the booze.  I also consider all forms of currency, including Bitcoin, as a confidence game.  The only way you can sleep at night as if enough people are riding on the ship to make it highly unlikely for them all to sell at once. 

The ASICs coming out really cut off the potential mass distribution of holders IMO.  The only way to solve it is if the economy tanks and everyone for some random reason chooses Bitcoin over gold, thus making all random forum browers gazillionaires in the process.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░