Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asset exchanges 24h volumes  (Read 1836 times)
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:52:12 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 05:28:48 AM by devphp

Nxt: http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/nxt-asset-exchange/
Volume: $ 94,544

Mastercoin: http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/masterxchange/
Volume: $ 17,140

Counterparty: http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/counterparty-dex/
Volume: $ 161

Anyone has data on BitsharesX?

Dogeparty and Qora AE are to start trading shortly.

Any other AE I missed?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:20:39 AM

I don't know of anywhere that has the volume for BTSX yet. The client doesn't have it and no 3rd party services are tracking it. The following info is known though:

Code:
Asset 	Bid depth	Ask depth	Valid Feeds	Average feed price	1h average price	Current share supply	Market cap
USD 3,890,574 BTSX 20,532,497 BTSX 53              0.0302 USD/BTSX      0.0309 USD/BTSX         560,683 USD      $575,101.21
CNY 791,166 BTSX 5,029,990 BTSX 53         0.1847 CNY/BTSX         0.1892 CNY/BTSX         457,262 CNY         $76,600.07
BTC 5,091,501 BTSX 11,471,586 BTSX 53         0.0000738 BTC/BTSX 0.0000755 BTC/BTSX 76 BTC                 $32,054.65
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:43:15 AM

You are missing Mastercoin also.
devphp (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:47:08 AM

No, it's right there Smiley Thank you for the BitsharesX info.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:48:51 AM

No, it's right there Smiley Thank you for the BitsharesX info.

Oh.. I am blind xD

FYI you can get that info in the future here under the asset tab: bitsharesblocks.com
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:38:22 AM

its exciting to see that asset exchanges r increasing in popularity
makes me wonder how thriving they r gonna be at the end of 2015

~CfA~

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:39:21 PM

Any other AE I missed?

A post entirely for the purpose of boasting about NXT. Slow hand clap....

Permission to post again in maybe 12 months when Qora rapidly takes over NXT cause you know cause it's like not clunky and retarded like NXT's AE.

You don't have a chance, enjoy your time in the sun MySpace.
devphp (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:46:55 PM

Permission to post again in maybe 12 months...

Remind me.
rabbiter

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:04:29 PM

Permission to post again in maybe 12 months...

Remind me.

Trust me, I will.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:12:50 PM

Any other AE I missed?

Permission to post again in maybe 12 months when Qora rapidly takes over NXT cause you know cause it's like not clunky and retarded like NXT's AE.

Oooh...who's feeling a bit grumpy today ?
Nothing wrong with presenting a wee bit of good news, mate.
Permission to call you clunky and retarded in about 12 months ?
Qora looks like a good project (IMHO), but there are a lot of other good contenders for the 2nd generation crypto crown right now: Crypti, NODE, NeXT Horizon, NFD.....interesting times coming up. 

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:21:54 PM

Bitshares X volume for the 19th was $76,368.32957. I added the trades up manually using excel I would imagine that bitsharesblocks.com will start posting the volume soon.
rabbiter

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

Any other AE I missed?

Oooh...who's feeling a bit grumpy today ?
Nothing wrong with presenting a wee bit of good news, mate.
Permission to call you clunky and retarded in about 12 months ?
Qora looks like a good project (IMHO), but there are a lot of other good contenders for the 2nd generation crypto crown right now: Crypti, NODE, NeXT Horizon, NFD.....interesting times coming up.  

Simply pointing out the posters motive. ie he couldn't give a shit about asset exchanges of other coins just promoting his coin.

i respect honestly. Why not start a post saying NXT is the the best AE, discuss, just don't hide behind a faux discussion.

I'm being honest by directing the discussion where the real intent is. let's discuss that if the OP wants?

EvilDave

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:37:07 PM

Right, lets do it:

NXT AE: biggest and best crypto-asset exchange at the moment.

With BitShares in #2, and CounterParty surprisingly low.....I'd expected more from them, tbh.

Here's the CMC asset listings:
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

Seems to be lacking on the BitShares side, do they have any user-created assets yet, or just the currency pairings ?

rabbiter

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:49:03 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 03:12:23 PM by rabbiter

Right, lets do it:

With BitShares in #2, and CounterParty surprisingly low.....I'd expected more from them, tbh.

Seems to be lacking on the BitShares side, do they have any user-created assets yet, or just the currency pairings ?

I wish I was a technical person I hope others can chip in. But I disagree, NXT is the biggest asset exchange at the moment but the debate if its the best is very much up for discussion. like I said I'm depending on second hand knowledge so I don't want to talk shit but I understand Qora has some distinct advantages built in ie ability to pay dividends, the ability to trade asset for asset directly and also you don't need to hold Qora to trade, only enough to pay the fee which also is far cheaper.

Let's have an adult discussion without personal attacks of abuse, what's NXT response to these claims?

*I might ask Qora guys to come and add some substance to the discussion from my side.

My thinking is the popularity of an AE is very much based on function not emotional attachment to a coin. So surely the best functioning AE will be preferable over a less one in terms of function. Unless you like issuing your asset in a more basic way?
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:23:44 PM

Qora do have some unique features regarding AE exchange.
Since it is still at a fairly early stage, I believe Qora will be a competitive player.
Let us wait and see.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 04:16:32 PM by CoinHoarder

Right, lets do it:

This is a little backhanded.

FWIW, BitsharesX doesn't want user issued assets being traded on its market at this moment in time, that is why the fee is really high. BTSX is still making a lot of changes to the way bitassets work including adding interest and coming up with ways that the market peg can be more accurate.

After all of that is mostly figured out, and more Bitassets are being traded (no bitasset commodities are being traded yet and there are more crypto's/FIAT bitassets to be traded at a future date) then BTSX has plans to roll out a separate market for user traded assets where they can be issued for much cheaper. Also, the features needed for user issued assets to my knowledge aren't coded in yet such as stock buy backs and dividend payments.

Also, the point in the high fee for user created assets is that they don't want trustless assets being traded amongst assets with counterparts risks. You have to admit almost all of the assets in the Nxt asset exchange (and counterparty/mastercoin) suffer from counterparty risk... even the coin token ones until they are officially released.
EvilDave

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:38:46 PM

Sometimes, the best tech doesn't always win a clean victory.
Community support is very important for crypto adoption, first mover advantage is also pretty useful, and NXT has both of those right now.

I do like the asset:asset trading possibliity in Qoras AE, but I'm not convinced that it's the killer feature that Qora are hoping for.
As a trader, I like being able to keep a reasonable track on my trades, and being able to trade asset<>asset could be confusing for my little brain.

The other consequence of asset<>asset trading could be that it may tend to equalise out the value of all assets in a particular exchange system, as there is less resistance to trading in the Qora AE asset<>asset model than in the asset<>currency<>asset model as in NXT AE.
This could also lead to a very unstable AE, as people rush into whichever asset is currently slightly ahead of the rest.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out, anyhow.

@CoinHoarder: yep, the NXT/Counterparty AE's do bring a certain level of risk...... Shocked
Again, I'm curious to see how BTSX works out....
I'm completely happy with seeing competitive/interesting 2nd generation systems coming out, I believe that there is so much room to grow in both the crypto and (eventually) mainstream spaces that everyone who invests in crypto right now (be it NXT, BTSX, Qora, BTM...) is probably going to profit.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:24:41 PM

@CoinHoarder: yep, the NXT/Counterparty AE's do bring a certain level of risk...... Shocked

By the way.. I wasn't saying that there isn't risk in Bitassets, as it is an economic experience after all. I just think user issued assets have much more counterparty risk than Bitassets. That's not meant to be a jab at Nxt/Counterparty/Mastercoin though, as BTSX will eventually have user created assets also. I think it is just a nice feature of bitassets in that there is limited counterparty risk.
clout

Activity: 207

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:37:38 PM

Community support is very important for crypto adoption, first mover advantage is also pretty useful, and NXT has both of those right now.

I do like the asset:asset trading possibliity in Qoras AE, but I'm not convinced that it's the killer feature that Qora are hoping for.
As a trader, I like being able to keep a reasonable track on my trades, and being able to trade asset<>asset could be confusing for my little brain.

You can trade asset to asset on bitshares x. I didn't know that this was not a feature of all decentralized asset exchanges.
rabbiter

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

The other consequence of asset<>asset trading could be that it may tend to equalise out the value of all assets in a particular exchange system, as there is less resistance to trading in the Qora AE asset<>asset model than in the asset<>currency<>asset model as in NXT AE.
This could also lead to a very unstable AE, as people rush into whichever asset is currently slightly ahead of the rest.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out, anyhow.

I'm completely happy with seeing competitive/interesting 2nd generation systems coming out, I believe that there is so much room to grow in both the crypto and (eventually) mainstream spaces that everyone who invests in crypto right now (be it NXT, BTSX, Qora, BTM...) is probably going to profit.

Your two positives for NXT AE are fallacies. NXT wasn't the first mover advantage, colored coins was discussed long before NXT was ever heard of and was implemented by Mastercoin I believe. Community support isn't that important in the long term in fact it can be a hindrance to going mainstream at some point. The crypto community is a very small group of people in the big picture of things, if asset trading is to become the 'new decentralised stock market' then we are in germination season only.  I like to give the example of MySpace for NXT but I have warned them many times that they complicate things and have too many moving parts and a cluttered sprawling leadership that might hinder it from the mainstream......like MYSpace did.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: