Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [LOWER PRICE] Casascius Bitcoin Storefront LED Sign  (Read 2834 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:02:51 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 09:25:40 PM by casascius

I had a batch of 10 custom storefront LED signs made.  I'm selling nine of them.  $200 $175 each plus shipping, in BTC equivalent.

Unless there becomes overwhelming demand, this is the only batch I will ever make, as I did it more "for fun" rather than to get into the signmaking business.  They took about four months to have hand-made, overseas.  Once they are gone, they're gone.

The sign is sixteen inches in diameter, bright enough to be seen in daylight, and can be hung from a ceiling or from a window (large suction cup and chain included).  The power supply accepts 110-240 volts.  The animations can be turned off (or even reprogrammed, for those of you adventurous enough to reprogram the included PIC chip).

Want to buy one now?  I have them in stock ready for immediate shipment.  Place an empty order on my website, indicate you want a sign in the notes, and pay the equivalent of $215 $190 in BTC to the address given. ($15 is cost to pack and ship this anywhere in the US).  International interest, please inquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb6Ev8wEv-k

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:04:19 PM

I wish I had a reason to purchase one.  Looks sweet.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:07:04 PM

Xmas decoration?  Wink

CoinLab

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:08:21 PM

Looks great.  I'll talk to the rest of the office and get back to you.

- Chris
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:08:30 PM

Xmas Block party decoration?  Wink

Smiley

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:53:44 PM

That is the coolest thing ever. 

How much would shipping to Manitoba, Canada be?  Postal code R0E 0R0.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:58:47 PM

I totally want one of these.

Now.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
BitPay Business Solutions

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 11:02:48 PM

Now.

does your window at Jered's face the street?

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 11:05:50 PM

Now.

does your window at Jered's face the street?

It does!

But Im back in NY now  Sad

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 11:30:41 PM

Cool

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 02:33:22 AM

OK, I weighed it out.  The main sign has the fortune of having a boxed weight just 30 grams under the 4lb limit for sending regular mail parcels without upgrading to EMS.  So if not sent EMS, the power supply comes shipped as a second package.

International shipping costs:  $29 (total) to Canada/Mexico (as two parcels) or $53 for EMS

All other countries: $51 as two parcels, or $62 for EMS

EMS tends to include tracking to the final destination, whereas parcel post will show tracking movements within the US but once it leaves the US, it's regular mail and disappears from the system.

Also, I want to clarify I have these now and they are ready to ship.  (My original post suggested you could just "reserve" one - no, you can have it shipped now).

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 09:25:53 PM

Lowered the price from $200 to $175.

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 03:54:59 AM

I have created an update chip for the animations for the sign.  Those of you who have purchased the sign may receive a free replacement chip that changes the animation to something a lot smoother.  (The sign contains a socket for a PIC chip - just remove the old one and put in the new one, and power up the sign - the change takes effect immediately).

With the original chip from the factory, the animations were very heavy and overbearingly blinky, BLINK-blink-BLINK-blink-BLINK... I thought them rather crazy.  So I got my own PIC programmer and made my own program for the chip.

The new chip does a much more subtle animation which never changes.  On the outer circle, the dots slowly crawl clockwise.  And the B never flashes - rather, it slowly and smoothly progresses between orange - gold - white - gold - orange.  I think it's very classy.

This change should make the sign much more presentable at a tradeshow or storefront.

If needed, animations can be completely disabled by popping out the animation chip.  Without the chip, all the LEDs will stay on full-time.  But I think you'll like this replacement and will want to keep it in permanently!

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 03:59:06 AM

I have created an update chip for the animations for the sign.  Those of you who have purchased the sign may receive a free replacement chip that changes the animation to something a lot smoother.  (The sign contains a socket for a PIC chip - just remove the old one and put in the new one, and power up the sign - the change takes effect immediately).

With the original chip from the factory, the animations were very heavy and overbearingly blinky, BLINK-blink-BLINK-blink-BLINK... I thought them rather crazy.  So I got my own PIC programmer and made my own program for the chip.

The new chip does a much more subtle animation which never changes.  On the outer circle, the dots slowly crawl clockwise.  And the B never flashes - rather, it slowly and smoothly progresses between orange - gold - white - gold - orange.  I think it's very classy.

This change should make the sign much more presentable at a tradeshow or storefront.

If needed, animations can be completely disabled by popping out the animation chip.  Without the chip, all the LEDs will stay on full-time.  But I think you'll like this replacement and will want to keep it in permanently!

How many do you have left?

I want to buy one for our office

(Btw your ad in the Bitcoin Magazine was so sexy!)

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 04:09:50 AM

I have several.  If you or anyone else wanted lots (10+) I could entertain bulk pricing and a new order from the factory.

Your back cover ad rocks.  You guys are doing the Bitcoin community a major service.  I am sorry I didn't get a chance to see you guys when I visited New York.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 01:28:10 AM

I have several.  If you or anyone else wanted lots (10+) I could entertain bulk pricing and a new order from the factory.

Your back cover ad rocks.  You guys are doing the Bitcoin community a major service.  I am sorry I didn't get a chance to see you guys when I visited New York.

Thanks!

How can I get one? Can you send me an invoice for the BTC or is it easier to go thru your order form?

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 03:39:44 AM

How can I get one? Can you send me an invoice for the BTC or is it easier to go thru your order form?

If you do it on my website, I can include an invoice in USD or BTC for your records.  (Such is already necessary for many international orders).  Doing it on my website gives you an order number and gets your address/shipping info into my regular workflow.  Just order anything and state in the notes it's for a sign, and compute the price directly from the mtgoxlast rate at the time BTC are sent.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: