Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Porcupine Freedom Festival - Now Accepting BTC for Registration  (Read 5184 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 09:44:11 PM

Alright! The Free State Project's largest annual event, PorcFest, is occuring June 18-24 at Roger's Campground in New Hampshire. This is basically a large libertarian camping festival - with food, guns, music, panel discussions, drinking, smoking, intellectual discourse, and all manner of subversive anti-state activity.

They have integrated Paysius.com, so they are now accepting Bitcoins for registration.

This year, I'm setting up a full Bitcoin exchange as a vendor on sight, and will be preaching the good word. Ira Miller, Charlie Shrem, and Roger Ver will also be in attendance, as well as at least one girl from GirlsGoneBitcoin Wink  Bitcoin will be almost as prevalent as conversations about building roads without governments.

So, if you're going and haven't registered yet, GO NOW and pay with Bitcoin! Select Bitcoin during checkout:  https://freestateproject.org/registration/porcfest/2012
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:51:44 PM

Super excited for this years festival!

If anyone needs a ride from New York, let me know!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 09:52:17 PM

Freedom Festival... Price of admission: not free - totally a meme in the making....

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Freedom Festival... Price of admission: not free - totally a meme in the making....

Why is it so hard for people to understand the difference between free as in "the absence of coercion" and free as in "a market price of zero."  I know they share a name but jeez...  Wink
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 10:03:22 PM

And the link between freedom and no fees is?
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 10:11:50 PM

You serious?

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 10:18:17 PM

This is really awesome. If there's a perfect group of people to introduce Bitcoin to it's them.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 07:16:35 AM

You serious?

Of course. It's very unfortunate that english has the same word for "free as in beer" and "free as in speech". Because that's really not the same thing.

This is really awesome. If there's a perfect group of people to introduce Bitcoin to it's them.

+1
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 09:56:59 AM

It's very unfortunate that english has the same word for "free as in beer" and "free as in speech". Because that's really not the same thing.
Lawyers use "gratis" to mean "free as in beer", and "libre" to mean "free as in speech".
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 03:05:51 PM

We should just use the word "liberty" when we want to say "freedom"

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 03:29:16 PM

This event will double as a week long Bitcoin conference.
I am glad to be a part of it.

The more Bitcoiners the merrier!

Register today!

www.porcfest.com

faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 03:35:23 PM

Pig pig sooie!
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 04:23:12 PM

Pig pig sooie!

I'm sure Bardo will be roasting some of their pigs, but PorcFest is short for the Porcupine Freedom Festival. The Free State Project uses the porcupine as its mascot as it is a friendly creature as long as you don't mess with it, but if you do you'll pay for it.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Rothgar

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Tune in to Neocash Radio

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 02:43:18 AM

This is why we can't have nice things.

Visit http://neocashradio.com for the premier weekly bitcoin podcast.
Follow neocashradio on twitter.  https://twitter.com/NeocashRadio
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 04:08:17 AM

Freedom is becoming an increasingly luxury good.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 08:19:37 AM

In a monetary system, you are only as free as you can afford to be.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 11:15:00 AM

That's not money, that's reality.

Oh man, house doesn't grow like a plant, cars doesn't fall from the sky ready for you to drive,... All those things comes from men's work. Tha's not slavery that's reality.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 11:24:52 AM

This whole discussion made me think of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVY7qDjrPZk

Freedom isn't free. No there's a hefty fuckin' fee
   Cheesy

But to kick this back on topic. Nice initiative evoorhees, also smart to make an exchange available. I won't be attending (other continent) but good luck.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 11:32:54 AM

Very interesting!

And that's where english fail, same word for two different things that are often related  Cheesy English should start to use different words for free in sense of free speech and free in sense of free beer.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 01:00:11 PM

That's not money, that's reality.

Oh man, house doesn't grow like a plant, cars doesn't fall from the sky ready for you to drive,... All those things comes from men's work. Tha's not slavery that's reality.

Money has no relationship to reality. The items you listed are products of innovation and are technical in nature.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: