Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electricity! How its killing me? What to do for power!?  (Read 3038 times)
phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 09:40:37 PM

Funny. I noticed someone selling uranium ore on Silk road while I was browsing through the armory the other day
if you're in the US, you can easily order it from
http://unitednuclear.com/
And it's mostly legal too.
Bro, at least give me some credit for showing you that site.

<--- die with this  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 10:50:13 PM

I'm self employed and my office space includes electric in the rent. I bet you can guess where I mine.... Moral of the story - rent an office, fill it with miners.

I did that for a while several years ago... not with bitcoin, but with a bunch of webservers.  Took them ~2 months before they booted me out telling me that the servers were an industrial use in what was supposed to be a commercial zone or something like that.  I didn't have the cash or care to fight it.  YMMV.
tom78587

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:57:12 PM

Buy solar panels or wind turbines. Those are relatively inexpensive long-term solutions for energy.
Pernette

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:52:48 PM

Hi, I am interested in finding alternative sources for electricity to run my 1000W rig. I only make 180$ a month, but have to pay close to 100$ just for electricity.

Please enlighten me with any alternatives for power.

Thanks
-Nick
steal it
gbf4ever

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:55:22 PM

Solar panels are definitely a good option, and fairly cost effective with the tax breaks available. 
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: