Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (discover, what are ?QRcodes?) sponsored by me  (Read 1027 times)
mannedmssn2M (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:58:13 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 02:33:18 PM by mannedmssn2M

not the finished flier but close enough to post here
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:11:13 PM

this could be used as promotional if posted on the net and printed out to be posted elsewhere many times a qr code is scanned for the fun of it so it doesn't necessarily need a explanation to go with it simplicity is key here in today's world i think. OR a little explanation might help to such as bitcoin symbol or sticker could go with it like I have done.(not shown)  but i thought i would generate a code for everyone to use massproduce or whatever you might want to do with it.. just one step removed to make things a little easier.
dankkk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:45:41 AM

I don't think many people go around scanning random qr codes. You need to say what it is if you want people to scan your qr code. The most common application would be to show people some small amount of information, but enough to get them interested then have a qr code where people can go get more information
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:30:23 AM

I don't think many people go around scanning random qr codes. You need to say what it is if you want people to scan your qr code. The most common application would be to show people some small amount of information, but enough to get them interested then have a qr code where people can go get more information
actually i think it works with just the bitcoin logo above or behind the qr code and if there is a qr code lable to tell peeps what a "qr code" is just like a label that would say "qr code here" for those who have never heard of it before i think a lot of peeps would look up what a qr code is on line no? anyways I'll be using these to post around the town of Burlington probably with a V (for vendeta) poster behind them jk lol  but really Burlington Vermont will see a major bitcoin campaign (of course posted in legitimate places that have been ok by owners)  Cheesy
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:42:56 AM

never understood this QR codes, i need special app to recognize them? Waste of time for me
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:58:03 PM

qr code is like a bar code, you have to download an app, the app scans with your phones camera, just point the camera at the square and it will bring you in this case to bitcoin.com

you can create your own qr codes with the app mad easy to do
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:48:30 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 10:03:54 PM by mannedmssn2M

new and improved for the QR illiterate (posting in Burlington soon)

dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:03:07 PM

actually i think it works with just the bitcoin logo above or behind the qr code and if there is a qr code lable to tell peeps what a "qr code" is just like a label that would say "qr code here" for those who have never heard of it before i think a lot of peeps would look up what a qr code is on line no? anyways I'll be using these to post around the town of Burlington probably with a V (for vendeta) poster behind them jk lol  but really Burlington Vermont will see a major bitcoin campaign (of course posted in legitimate places that have been ok by owners)  Cheesy
Even if you have a logo peeps people would not blindly scan a qr code. You need to have more content then a logo to get people to want to visit what is behind a qr code. You need to get people "hooked" on your content, wanting more (the more would be the site behind the qr code)
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:23:29 PM

actually i think it works with just the bitcoin logo above or behind the qr code and if there is a qr code lable to tell peeps what a "qr code" is just like a label that would say "qr code here" for those who have never heard of it before i think a lot of peeps would look up what a qr code is on line no? anyways I'll be using these to post around the town of Burlington probably with a V (for vendeta) poster behind them jk lol  but really Burlington Vermont will see a major bitcoin campaign (of course posted in legitimate places that have been ok by owners)  Cheesy
Even if you have a logo peeps people would not blindly scan a qr code. You need to have more content then a logo to get people to want to visit what is behind a qr code. You need to get people "hooked" on your content, wanting more (the more would be the site behind the qr code)
this is purely informational at this point to get PEOPLE" to ask the question so what is a qr code ... it just so happens that this qr code lead to bitcoin.com lol they are not being blind they are simply being blindsided into learning there little brains just a bit more today Smiley like hey I wanted to know what a qr code was now that i downloaded the app Im going to see what that qr code actually says yey ... don't be so skeptical its a good idea and i will post them with a phone number if i must. I have lots of free time ... not exactly proud of that fact either but might as well make the most of it. Tongue
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:15:08 PM

never understood this QR codes, i need special app to recognize them? Waste of time for me
you should get a mobile wallet for your smart phone they use the qr scanner to transfer BTC from person to person makes life easier than even the cut copy paste work you might do on a computer to transfer BTC
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:25:37 PM

this is purely informational at this point to get PEOPLE" to ask the question so what is a qr code ... it just so happens that this qr code lead to bitcoin.com lol they are not being blind they are simply being blindsided into learning there little brains just a bit more today Smiley like hey I wanted to know what a qr code was now that i downloaded the app Im going to see what that qr code actually says yey ... don't be so skeptical its a good idea and i will post them with a phone number if i must. I have lots of free time ... not exactly proud of that fact either but might as well make the most of it. Tongue
I don't think a lot of people randomly go around scanning random qr codes. I think that most people know what a qr code code is, as they have been around for several years now and are pretty mainstream.

I personally do not usually use them unless I have to, and I am certainly not interested in what is "behind" any qr code that stands alone or that is only accompanied with a logo

mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:51:38 PM

i live up in the woods of VT and I can tell you a majority (in m opinion) of people here do not know what the heck a qr code is or how it works, I don't know where you grew up but im telling you people in Vermont get set in there ways... That and im sure if that stream your talking about (the "main" stream) doesn't run water into your town you will know what im talking about I deal with these tech illiterate people every day. I do my best to help (in places like this) so I will tell you from where I stand I see no reason for you to argue the point of someone actually going out of their way to help others, and to promote bitcoin at the same time by informing technologically un-inclined about the possibilities of the future
mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:55:47 PM

I don't think a lot of people randomly go around scanning random qr codes. I think that most people know what a qr code code is, as they have been around for several years now and are pretty mainstream.

I personally do not usually use them unless I have to, and I am certainly not interested in what is "behind" any qr code that stands alone or that is only accompanied with a logo
if you are going to say its a dumb idea than do that but know there really isn't anything bad about this idea especially when you personally put in 0 effort (maybe constructive criticism counts) I'm just doing my best to enlighten those who do not use the internet every day of there lives
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:04:51 AM

if you are going to say its a dumb idea than do that but know there really isn't anything bad about this idea especially when you personally put in 0 effort (maybe constructive criticism counts) I'm just doing my best to enlighten those who do not use the internet every day of there lives
What you need to do is give people some reason to scan the qr code. You need to have some kind of content to get them "hooked", one thing you could do is to have some kind of slogan something along the lines of "tired of paying $10 to send money home, there is a way to send money nearly free" or something else that highlights a feature of bitcoin that your audience will be interested in

mannedmssn2M (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:07:49 AM

actually i think it works with just the bitcoin logo above or behind the qr code and if there is a qr code lable to tell peeps what a "qr code" is just like a label that would say "qr code here" for those who have never heard of it before i think a lot of peeps would look up what a qr code is on line no? anyways I'll be using these to post around the town of Burlington probably with a V (for vendeta) poster behind them jk lol  but really Burlington Vermont will see a major bitcoin campaign (of course posted in legitimate places that have been ok by owners)  Cheesy

What you need to do is give people some reason to scan the qr code. You need to have some kind of content to get them "hooked", one thing you could do is to have some kind of slogan something along the lines of "tired of paying $10 to send money home, there is a way to send money nearly free" or something else that highlights a feature of bitcoin that your audience will be interested in
I have mars coins to give as promotional tokens of graditude but that comes with a lengthy explanation ( 100 free mars coins) scan here and open your wallet today...(open a wallet???) I am quite confident mars coins will be worth something by the year 2020 and more by 2023 according to mars one we will have human settlement on mars 2023 but I know right now its a longshot
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:54:37 AM

I have mars coins to give as promotional tokens of graditude but that comes with a lengthy explanation ( 100 free mars coins) scan here and open your wallet today...(open a wallet???) I am quite confident mars coins will be worth something by the year 2020 and more by 2023 according to mars one we will have human settlement on mars 2023 but I know right now its a longshot
You shouldn't be giving things away in order to get people scan your qr code. You should have meaningful content displayed in a place that a lot of people will see. If you are giving away something, only the people that you give a "gift" to will potentially scan your qr code. If on the other hand you have a poster or a billboard or some other form of advertisement that will be seen by many people then your potential audience will be much greater
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: