Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly labs to file for bankruptcy by December 2014  (Read 2303 times)
tilray (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:01:49 AM

Bitcoin vendor Butterfly Labs (BFL), a Bitcoin mining equipment hardware store known for its high speed ASIC miners is yet again under great tension, after reports that US Marshalls recently raided their offices. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) showed up with The United States Marshals Service (USMS) inside the BFL offices and confiscated equipment, a user from the Bitcointalk forum named Techknowledgy claimed on September 19. In the post, the user claims to be a former employee of the company. Another member of the forum added to the discussion by writing the following:

More @ http://cryptoconspiracy.com/butterfly-labs-to-file-for-bankruptcy-by-december-2014/
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:40:53 AM

Mail fraud just like out of the movie the firm, this forum was advertising for them well after the fact they where know to be a scam!!!

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:21:18 AM

The author of the article in the OP really does not know this. If BFL did in fact get raided by the FTC the other day then things are certainly not looking good for BFL, however a specific timeline for bankruptcy is nothing but speculation and is poor reporting by the media

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 04:37:08 AM

Speculation on top of speculation reported as fact, posted to the forums. Just delete this shit.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 05:46:16 AM

These rumours are spiralling out of control.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:56:17 AM

These rumours are spiralling out of control.

How 'bout some facts like how HashTrade really din't pay that $1M USD down payment to BFL last year via BitPay: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg8910932#msg8910932
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:22:18 PM

So that's why we have such cheap coins.....BFL dumping their coins to recoup whatever they can.
LightningBlade

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:00:13 PM

So that's why we have such cheap coins.....BFL dumping their coins to recoup whatever they can.

Huh, really? Its more like alibaba ipo cause the panic

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:12:30 PM

I'm so glad I got a refund of 6 BTC in July from BFL and that I bought 3500 PPC for that refund money on Monday this week. The Peercoins I bought are now worth 13 bitcoins Cheesy

But seeing them going bankrupt makes me wonder why they refunded in the first place? Shouldn't a sinking company keep the money for themselves?

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:19:45 PM

Huh, really? Its more like alibaba ipo cause the panic

I'm inclined to think it's the miners that are trying to recuperate their losses, hence they're just selling, no matter what the price, to pay for the expenses and overheads or in BFL's case, their bankruptcy. I knew anytime there's sub $400 coins, someone's really desperate
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:24:26 AM

I'm so glad I got a refund of 6 BTC in July from BFL and that I bought 3500 PPC for that refund money on Monday this week. The Peercoins I bought are now worth 13 bitcoins Cheesy

But seeing them going bankrupt makes me wonder why they refunded in the first place? Shouldn't a sinking company keep the money for themselves?

that imho is where the LAW comes into play...you can't not ship an item to someone for more then 1 year (ESP BITCOIN MINERS) and eventually not expect the
LAW to come around and AT THE VERY LEAST make you refund the money for the non-shipped products

as to BFL being shut down ..,it is either the LAW or they plain ran out of $$$

myself I think the people running BFL are setting the corp up for bankruptcy so they can keep their personal assets via the BFL corp taking the fall and
they can also protect the EMC mining pool and any hash they bought as individuals bleeding off BFL at the Nimbus cloud hashing (where do you think
all the pre-order money sat for more then 1 year)

anyway imho anyway

they could STILL walk away with millions and let BFL corp eat the losses (such is why you incorp your business) but I don't think they are that smart

but still ...the nightmare scenario as an end game for BFL ..at least for me....they fracking walk with all the $$ and laugh their ass off at us...

(i did get a refund for my 8.5k usd but still feel 'played' don't ya know)

the above has no basis in reality just my 'worse case' fears

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:25:57 AM

Bitcoin vendor Butterfly Labs (BFL), a Bitcoin mining equipment hardware store known for its high speed ASIC miners is yet again under great tension, after reports that US Marshalls recently raided their offices. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) showed up with The United States Marshals Service (USMS) inside the BFL offices and confiscated equipment, a user from the Bitcointalk forum named Techknowledgy claimed on September 19. In the post, the user claims to be a former employee of the company. Another member of the forum added to the discussion by writing the following:

More @ http://cryptoconspiracy.com/butterfly-labs-to-file-for-bankruptcy-by-december-2014/

And, somehow I'll get blame for it, like Joshua Zipkin blamed me for the fall of AMT, and how Benny and Brandon, the Christian Twins of HASH and RENT, respectively, blame me for why their Havelock security didn't blossom and Benny wasn't able to come with $300K+ USD to close the deal on 7+ acrea/warehouse facility he won via auction, thus ended up losing $30K+ USD their of his investomer's money. All my fault!

~Bruno Kucinskas
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:02:08 AM

That was a circular reference, back to bitcointalk.
awesome31312

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:04:00 PM

Speculation on top of speculation reported as fact, posted to the forums. Just delete this shit.

You were sayin??

Account recovered 08-12-2019
eoakland

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:52:37 PM

so was the BFL raid a rumor ?  only references i get are Reddit or this forum for that story.  I am guessing rumor.

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
awesome31312

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:14:49 PM

so was the BFL raid a rumor ?  only references i get are Reddit or this forum for that story.  I am guessing rumor.

No Taven,
http://cryptoconspiracy.com/butterfly-labs-shutdown-by-the-us-government-following-a-court-case/

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: