Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How big an influence has the speculation subforum on the price?  (Read 1507 times)
ElectricMucus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 01:10:49 PM

I wonder, are the majority of people trading bitcoins represented on this board?

Have you ever been influenced on a trading decision by posts on this forum?
I have, numerous times.

Do you trust your fellow speculators? How much do you think is deception where people suggest a different action and take another?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 01:37:11 PM

Yeah, this subforum is the largest collection of speculation anti-indicators. So I use it a lot. Smiley

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 02:00:34 PM

The Speculation sub-forum is the best way to know when to strike when the iron is HOT and emotions are HIGH. Smiley

faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 08:36:03 PM

Q1: I wonder, are the majority of people trading bitcoins represented on this board?

Q2: Have you ever been influenced on a trading decision by posts on this forum?
I have, numerous times.

Q3: Do you trust your fellow speculators?
Q4: How much do you think is deception where people suggest a different action and take another?
A1: Beats me. Why would it matter?
A2: Never. The very idea is ludicrous.
A3: Trust should never enter into a trading decision. If you need it, you are too weak to play.
A4: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance.
bracek

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 10:27:59 PM

half a cent per post on average Smiley
but bears do it better

works both directions
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 11:22:37 PM

There's no way I would have been able to grab as much money as I have without the speculation forum.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 11:35:01 PM

Q1: I wonder, are the majority of people trading bitcoins represented on this board?

I have, numerous times.

Q4: How much do you think is deception where people suggest a different action and take another?
A3: Trust should never enter into a trading decision. If you need it, you are too weak to play.
A4: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance.
You're missing out then.
faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 01:42:48 AM

I have, numerous times.

You're missing out then.
I read the stuff posted here. Please tell me in detail what I'm missing. Show your work.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 06:03:16 AM

I have, numerous times.

You're missing out then.
I read the stuff posted here. Please tell me in detail what I'm missing. Show your work.
It's the power of the crowd.  If 75% of investors believe the price is going up, and buy accordingly, then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 11:46:39 PM

I never was much of a trader, and have not exchanged USD/BTC since around $2.35, but...

This subforum was one of the ones I read most often.  I'm almost certain that some of the material I absorbed from this source factored into some of my decisions about when to make purchases.

In some cases it was a negative association.  For instance, when I saw Proudhon getting vocal about how BTC was going to zero, that probably induced me to go ahead and pick up another hundred or so Smiley  I'm sure that he was practicing reverse psychology and pocketed a lot of my USD however.  All I can say is thanks to him...I collected many more BTC in the $2.?? range than I ever thought I would be holding even as a total.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 04:54:39 AM

I never was much of a trader, and have not exchanged USD/BTC since around $2.35, but...

This subforum was one of the ones I read most often.  I'm almost certain that some of the material I absorbed from this source factored into some of my decisions about when to make purchases.

In some cases it was a negative association.  For instance, when I saw Proudhon getting vocal about how BTC was going to zero, that probably induced me to go ahead and pick up another hundred or so Smiley  I'm sure that he was practicing reverse psychology and pocketed a lot of my USD however.  All I can say is thanks to him...I collected many more BTC in the $2.?? range than I ever thought I would be holding even as a total.

You're welcome.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 10:22:44 PM

There's no way I would have been able to grab as much money as I have without the speculation forum.

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: