Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:31:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Predicting about $420 in 24 hours, upper $400s by Thursday  (Read 2598 times)
K128kevin2 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:47:53 PM

http://www.btcpredictions.com

System has been very accurate the past few days (you can see this in the actual price vs prediction comparison charts), which hopefully indicates that it will be for the next couple days as well. Shows price going to about $420 in 24 hours and then about $475 by this Thursday. Of course, now that I'm posting about it the price will probably plummet lol
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:57:40 PM

One lone prediction calling a rise. Since I do not have any more fiat left I will chose to believe this Tongue

475 by Thursday will be heaven.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:01:02 PM

I need that 475 thursday. Too bad its probably not going to happen though... boring price lately

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:02:50 PM

I have not seen this site before, did you make it?

Anybody tried something similar with SVM or random forest?
K128kevin2 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:52:22 PM

I did make the site and I'm still working on improving it. Idk what SVM or random forest are though
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:31:26 PM

I did make the site and I'm still working on improving it. Idk what SVM or random forest are though

I believe SVM (Support Vector Machines) could give a better prediction since neural networks tend to overfit. Past behaviour doesn't predict future results and all that.
scv00

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

http://www.[Suspicious link removed].com

System has been very accurate the past few days (you can see this in the actual price vs prediction comparison charts), which hopefully indicates that it will be for the next couple days as well. Shows price going to about $420 in 24 hours and then about $475 by this Thursday. Of course, now that I'm posting about it the price will probably plummet lol

Today's bitstamp high was about $406, not much different to today's low. Their system seems slightly inaccurate today.
K128kevin2 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:50:39 AM

I believe SVM (Support Vector Machines) could give a better prediction since neural networks tend to overfit. Past behaviour doesn't predict future results and all that.

I don't know much about support vector machines but I'll look into them, although overfitting is not really a problem for me with this.

Past behavior does predict future behavior to a degree though. However, it is not always accurate or simple to calculate. This isn't a characteristic of the fact that it's a neural network vs support vector machine though - it's a limitation of the input data that I'm using. Because what you say is partially true, I am looking into using additional forms of data that could potentially indicate price, and how this data could be implemented as inputs in a neural network or as part of some other function that would help calculate predictions.
BTCfan1

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:19:01 AM

I'm also expecting a spike on Thursday.  My reasons are karmic, don't ask Wink
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:01:44 AM

I'd just follow RyanindaClem's thread!

Actually, I do check out your website periodically and I appreciate that it is out there.
mskryxz

Activity: 433

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:22:14 PM

Congrats you were correct.

Kind of, $430 on September 23 or 48 hours after you predicted it would surpass $420 by September 22 or 24 hours.
CryptoFuture

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Diggit.io Admin

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:24:58 PM

Would be really cool if you added in Previous 7 Days, Previous 30 Days etc with a real chart alongside the prediction. To see how it all is going.

An amorous cow-herder

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:39:51 PM

Very funny site. Currently, while BTC is still around $430 the 24h chart is at a flat $400 Smiley
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

Yay up 7% to 425 USD/btc https://winkdex.com/
Nice gain!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:56:24 PM

> 500 within 7-10 days

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
K128kevin2 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:51:57 PM

Woohoo! I'll call this a win.

Very funny site. Currently, while BTC is still around $430 the 24h chart is at a flat $400 Smiley

Sometimes it takes a bit of time to update and respond it changes. The longer term charts take longer to respond.

Would be really cool if you added in Previous 7 Days, Previous 30 Days etc with a real chart alongside the prediction. To see how it all is going.

Right now you can do that with the 24 hour predictions. You can go back and see charts comparing predictions to actual prices. There is a link above the chart. Before I make any more significant changes to the website though I want to get an actual web developer to rewrite all of the code and make everything cleaner and nicer looking. The code is horribly messy because this is the first web development I've ever done and I had no idea what I was doing when I started to make this.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:00:23 PM

Woohoo! I'll call this a win.

Sometimes it takes a bit of time to update and respond it changes. The longer term charts take longer to respond.

Right now you can do that with the 24 hour predictions. You can go back and see charts comparing predictions to actual prices. There is a link above the chart. Before I make any more significant changes to the website though I want to get an actual web developer to rewrite all of the code and make everything cleaner and nicer looking. The code is horribly messy because this is the first web development I've ever done and I had no idea what I was doing when I started to make this.

If I was you I'd be pretty pleased with that!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:26:46 PM

As of now we are at 440. 9% up today!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
btcisreal

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:32:23 PM

Lol the site didn't predict this. Nobody knew these news about PayPal would have such huge impact.. No, not even that site..
intighet

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

mene mene tekel upharsin

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:06:04 PM

Lol the site didn't predict this. Nobody knew these news about PayPal would have such huge impact.. No, not even that site..

What if news does not move price like this? Also, are you sure that you fully comprehend the potential of a predictive learning algorithm?

Malus pro bono surrepat, et bonus pro malo displiceat; fallaces enim sunt rerum species, quibus credidimus.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: