Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:46:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] ZipConf bond  (Read 8448 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:00:27 PM

Any news, updates or dividends this week?
It should be on time as far as I know, I was in contact with JRO a couple of days ago and he was all fine. I am going to send a message to him to remind him and hopefully he will pay it out on time Smiley
//DeaDTerra

It isn't on time already.. last div's were on the 5th...
Okay, sorry. I have no access to the account, it's up to JRO to pay out the dividend on time. He will probably pay out a double dividend next week instead in according to the contract.
//DeaDTerra
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 01:20:21 PM

Maybe you aren't to blame but you are the one taking the heat.

When the divs weren't paid out last time we got apologies all around and the divs were finally paid out.
I have high hopes for  ZipConf  but this doesn't give confidence .  Either someone else has to have the ability
to move money around or find some other solution- pay divs once in 2 weeks officially even.

Enough said  and I hope you will take this as constructional criticism and not just some trolling.

I really do think this bond will deliver very nice profits when all the dots get  connected!  Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
lky_svn

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 04:48:19 PM

any update on this week's dividends? Shouldn't they have been paid Monday?
If they'll be paid next week (again), can you state the planned dividends?

Good idea to restructure stuff so that people can fill in for each other, and not relying completely on individuals....
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 04:50:46 PM

any update on this week's dividends? Shouldn't they have been paid Monday?
If they'll be paid next week (again), can you state the planned dividends?

Good idea to restructure stuff so that people can fill in for each other, and not relying completely on individuals....
Yes there will be a double dividend next week instead,
I will suggest this to JRO, as he's very busy at the moment it might be best if I take over the dividend payment for now.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:10:49 PM

A double dividend has been paid as according to the contract
2012-06-18 02:52   61.9999241   9937   0.0062393
2012-06-18 02:53   62.99998378   9937   0.00633994
Sorry for the delay of last weeks dividend Smiley
//DeaDTerra
SNS

Activity: 516
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:08:37 PM

Any news?
The project is frozen?
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:29:42 PM

Wil the dividends be paid out any time soon? Last dividends were paid July 30th, and if I'm not mistaken they're supposed to be paid out weekly.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 05:58:31 AM

Wil the dividends be paid out any time soon? Last dividends were paid July 30th, and if I'm not mistaken they're supposed to be paid out weekly.

Read this. The other asset issued by these people has also stopped paying dividends.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83784.msg1087868#msg1087868

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 02:53:20 PM

The issuer contacted and trading of this asset has been frozen until further notice.

All attempts will be made to resolve this issue as soon as possible but is dependent on the issuer JRO, Jonathan Ryan Owens.

Nefario

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 06:54:57 PM

Read this. The other asset issued by these people has also stopped paying dividends.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83784.msg1087868#msg1087868

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.
So from what I gather the issuer just left all his BTC-businesses behind?
Zipconf has seemed like a somewhat profitable business based on the dividends - so why would JRO just pack up and leave?

Sounds a little strange and very, very unprofessional. I can understand if a business venture fails and investors suffer a loss, but getting no info whatsoever from the reponsible party is just, wow.

I had some hope for ZipConf, as it was a business I thought could be constructive for the Bitcoin community. Now I'm just happy I didn't put all that much money into it.
cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 06:59:09 PM

Thanks, I hadn't seen that.
So from what I gather the issuer just left all his BTC-businesses behind?
Zipconf has seemed like a somewhat profitable business based on the dividends - so why would JRO just pack up and leave?

Sounds a little strange and very, very unprofessional. I can understand if a business venture fails and investors suffer a loss, but getting no info whatsoever from the reponsible party is just, wow.

I had some hope for ZipConf, as it was a business I thought could be constructive for the Bitcoin community. Now I'm just happy I didn't put all that much money into it.

Same here, and I also luckily have a very small exposure. There are many places where I thought a default was possible, but ZipConf was not on my radar as a high-risk asset other than the fact that it was a pure equity and not tied to BTC price.

So I'm now hoping we can find JRO and at least get a buy-back on this (and on REBATE for those who own shares).
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 07:16:33 PM

Same here, and I also luckily have a very small exposure. There are many places where I thought a default was possible, but ZipConf was not on my radar as a high-risk asset other than the fact that it was a pure equity and not tied to BTC price.

So I'm now hoping we can find JRO and at least get a buy-back on this (and on REBATE for those who own shares).

At least it doesn't seem to be a scam, as dividends have been payed for a couple of months.

Regarding buy-back, the contract states that
The Issuer has the right to buy back, at any time, all bonds issued for twice the price of the previous 120 hour average market price.

As shares have been traded for around 0.5 BTC for some time, I guess buy back should be at around 1 BTC then. That would, however, be the best possible scenario. We'll probably get less than that, if anything.
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 06:31:19 PM

ZIP.A will remain frozen, the funds recovered from REBATE will not be paid out to ZIP.A, bitdaytrade have been excellent through this whole ordeal and I commend him.

Any chance that any funds from ZIP.A will be recovered and returned to investors?

At least it doesn't seem to be a scam, as dividends have been payed for a couple of months.

Maybe I was to quick...if the guy just runs away with everybody's money, I guess that is equivalent to being a scam..
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

ZIP.A will remain frozen, the funds recovered from REBATE will not be paid out to ZIP.A, bitdaytrade have been excellent through this whole ordeal and I commend him.

Any chance that any funds from ZIP.A will be recovered and returned to investors?

Maybe I was to quick...if the guy just runs away with everybody's money, I guess that is equivalent to being a scam..

If we can get JRO to return the funds for ZIP.A then yes, if not then no.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 06:45:43 PM

Any chance that any funds from ZIP.A will be recovere and returned to investors?

If we can get JRO to return the funds for ZIP.A then yes, if not then no.

Ok, thanks! Hope it all works out.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2012, 07:11:39 PM

Could possibly be  breaches of fiduciary duties and embezzlement.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 03:07:10 AM

Its also called a ponzi scam if he  paid dividends from new investments.

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2012, 07:55:40 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2012, 12:20:52 PM by piotr_n

Maybe he was arrested for a crime he did not commit ..
I think drugs are more likely. You can get arrested just as easily, even though it isn't a real crime Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 11:26:32 AM

Its also called a ponzi scam if he  paid dividends from new investments.

If I remember correctly, dividends were paid for quite some time after all the 9930 shares were sold, so for this period there would be no new investments from which dividends could be paid.

I guess we just have to have some patience until all the facts come out, and/or funds are returned to investors.
SNS

Activity: 516
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:24:00 AM

JRO has been online on August 14. He replied to a message to someone?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: