Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If you were looking to IPO your Bitcoin company where would you go?  (Voting closed: September 28, 2014, 02:55:16 PM)
Coinsortium - 5 (15.6%)
Havelock - 10 (31.3%)
Cryptostocks - 0 (0%)
MPEx - 3 (9.4%)
other - 14 (43.8%)
Total Voters: 32

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would you IPO?  (Read 4625 times)
retrocoingames (OP)

Activity: 491
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:55:16 PM

If you were looking to IPO your Bitcoin company where would you go? And why?
yapusi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:01:26 PM

MPEx is not easy to use
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

Nxt Asset Exchange
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:30:57 AM

Havelock is expensive, MPex is ridiculously expensive, cryptostocks is shady.

Can't say anything about Coinsortium.

Voted other for NXT
printshop

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:39:07 AM

Havelock is expensive, MPex is ridiculously expensive, cryptostocks is shady.

Can't say anything about Coinsortium.

Voted other for NXT

I've sold ten times as many shares on NXT AE than on Coinsortium. The BTC community dropped the ball on this one.

I took a look at some other exchanges. The most amateurish was MPEX, the best UI was Crypto::Stocks, and the most professional was Havelock. Once we've moved into our new office space we may try to list on Havelock.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 07:01:57 AM

Colored coins/Counterparty, we need to stop using all these centralized solutions  Smiley

retrocoingames (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:14:03 AM

Really appreciate everyone's thoughts on this. Am I right to assume everyone who voted 'other' was speaking of NXT or is there another exchange I am missing?
bitMTW

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:13:25 PM

Counterparty. Best to adopt the 2.0 platform and they're doing it best.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

Anything but a centralized platform. It's just disaster after disaster going that route.
paulojlfreitas@sapo.pt

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:21:29 PM

Crypto-trade.com is a good option.
andreasan

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:45:57 PM

Counterparty
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:09:25 AM

Hi,
I am the Community Service Manager of Coinsortium and I'm here in the effort to estabilish a direct line of communication with potential users of our service.

I would like to hear your opinions, if any, on our service: site overview, usability, issues... all comments are welcome.

I've sold ten times as many shares on NXT AE than on Coinsortium. The BTC community dropped the ball on this one.

This is not true IMHO, more than 300 BTC volume in a few weeks without advertising isn't exactly "dropping the ball".
Maybe the users on NXT AE were more favorable towards your venture, who knows? Smiley

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
printshop

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:41:06 PM

Hi,
I am the Community Service Manager of Coinsortium and I'm here in the effort to estabilish a direct line of communication with potential users of our service.

I would like to hear your opinions, if any, on our service: site overview, usability, issues... all comments are welcome.

This is not true IMHO, more than 300 BTC volume in a few weeks without advertising isn't exactly "dropping the ball".
Maybe the users on NXT AE were more favorable towards your venture, who knows? Smiley

Hi! Coinsortium is fine, it's more the BTC community (based on the responses I got in the "help my IPO" thread). The fact is, mining IPOs sell out on day one despite everyone knowing they are negative ROI in the long term, and real business still can't get a foothold. If you're not promising 5% a week you're not on the map.

retrocoingames (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:16:27 PM

Hi,

Hi there Killerloop,

What would your elevator pitch for Coinsortium be to a potential company looking to IPO? Why would someone IPO with Coinsortium over Havelock?

I have no prejudice here, but am sincerely interested in this area...
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:30:29 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 08:51:04 AM by VampiricElder

I strongly urge everyone to stay away from Cryptostocks. Afew weeks ago the owner blocked all securities from allowing free trade after dropping their IPO. This means once you buy shares, they will not be able to be sold. The owner was also suppose to allow free trading against all securities that had dropped their IPO and turned it back on, and has failed in this also, resulting in hundreds if not thousands of bitcoins being locked in to unwanted shares. Also they obviously dont check verification documents as people are still stealing via fake securities under fake ID, and the owner never replies to e-mails.
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:14:56 AM

What would your elevator pitch for Coinsortium be to a potential company looking to IPO? Why would someone IPO with Coinsortium over Havelock?

I have no prejudice here, but am sincerely interested in this area...

Plenty of things:

1) Verification - partnership with Ardeva
The "triggers" that started Coinsortium were Cryptostocks problemes: Crazy listing and withdrawal fees, no support, bugs that stayed that way for years etc. but mainly absolute lack of a true verification framework. Most of the platform mentioned so far are open to scammers who can forge nice documents and whatnot, cash money from an IPO and disappear never to be seen again.

On Coinsortium you cannot do that. Ardeva verification (required for company owners only) is very strong so investors will know who they are dealing with, where is located, what is its yearly income etc. This will remove most if not all the scammers around.

It works both ways: the investor is happy for the increased security and the company owner shows that he is willing to "put his face on the line" instead of being some dodgy username on a site.

2) Diversification - Soon be able to transact in multiple crypto currencies.
3) Protection - 3rd party wallet integration with 125% security guarantee
So far we can only accept BTC but this is bound to change soon with a new partnership.

4) Bug Bounty - quickly and efficiently identify problems
As a new platform we understand that we have polishing to do. We offer BTC bounties to those who find a major flaw in our site mechanics.

5) Active development - agile mentality and direct contact with userbase
It is our intention to be as closer to the userbase as possible. While sometimes investor and company owners points of view collide we are striving to mantain everyone happy. Tickets are answer within hours and a direct channel of communication is available on the site, here, and on Facebook.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:30:46 AM

Counterparty or NXT
retrocoingames (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:54:25 PM

Great thread... I wonder when the first decentralized Bitcoin Stock Exchange will come out?

I imagine a solution like this decentralized currency exchange but for securities - http://bitsquare.io/
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:05:28 AM

I strongly urge everyone to stay away from Cryptostocks. Afew weeks ago the owner blocked all securities from allowing free trade after dropping their IPO. This means once you buy shares, they will not be able to be sold. The owner was also suppose to allow free trading against all securities that had dropped their IPO and turned it back on, and has failed in this also, resulting in hundreds if not thousands of bitcoins being locked in to unwanted shares.
The owner was also suppose to allow free trading against all securities that had dropped their IPO and turned it back on, and has failed in this also, resulting in hundreds if not thousands of bitcoins being locked in to unwanted shares.
Also they obviously dont check verification documents as people are still stealing via fake securities under fake ID, and the owner never replies to e-mails.
It is in the 1 000+ Bitcoin range the coins/stocks that is locked in.
As Kumala dosent fix such bugs that dont let people sell shares in stocks that he said he should have removed the IPOflag on a long time ago, so kumala has basically been keeping a large part of all peoples investments on his stockexchange hostage for a very long time now.
That thing and the fact that he hasent fixed the bug on open buy and sellorder that miss information on what shares the orders is for.
His own Vircurex stock that is listed on cryptostocs has also been in violation of there contract with there shareholders since 1.5 years ago or so. All such serious things that he dosent fix really shows that they can not be an option for anyone to list stocks/bonds on.

So i would have to say coinsortium, they probably need 3-6 months to get established but i think they have potential to become a better option in the future than havelock or cryptostocks will be.

The non centralised options i know to little of to have any opinion about.

TimonPeng

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:28:15 PM

Havelock.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: