Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:16:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin Show on followmyvote.com. !!! TAKING OVER U.S. VOTING !!!  (Read 827 times)
beyondbitcoinshow (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:11:39 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 06:34:31 PM by beyondbitcoinshow

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/bitshares-community-dev-hangout-2014-09-19-follow-my-vote-edition

Some awkward editing, but there is a lot of random problems involved with this free flow format.  Adam K. Ernest visits with us and gives us the low down on the Follow My Vote DAC from followmyvote.com.

I forgot to run a leveler/compressor.  So the audio leveling is a bit off.  I forget doing this stuff in a rush to get it out the same day.

Exciting stuff and quite innovative.

0:00 Adam K. Ernest with Follow my Vote gives an introduction.
1:35 What about identities ?
3:05 Potential partnering with the government using existing existing voter registration ID.
4:30 Users should be able to audit their own votes online.
5:33 Will the DAC being distributed, remove voting locations ?
7:00 Is there a reason you are going with a decentralized version as opposed to centralized ?
7:36 What various platforms do you have to compile for if you are using existing voting solutions ?
8:27 Senate Bill 360 in California has opened up California to seek out providers of open source software for elections.
10:33 What in your background led you in life to pursue this project ?
12:11 Do you have plans of changing distributing power down instead of up by opening up voting ?
14:24 Discussion of “liquid democracy”.
15:12 Brent from canonizer talks about Canonizer taking over North Korea.
16:23 Adam Ernest gives a bit of his background leading up to his current direction. California Association of Voting Officials - The guys who have been huge advocates in opening p voting
22:28 Talk of a demo and time-frame.
23:14 How do you make it easy to use ? What is your approach for users not familiar with computers ?
24:54 Thoughts on voter apathy ?
28:49 More talk of a liquid democracy and having the ability to delegate votes to representatives for less important issues.
30:34 What is the for profit funding model ?
33:08 What about storing fingerprints on the blockchain ?
34:23 Ideas on identification outside of blockchain.
36:30 What about using the voting DAC for smaller elections not necessarily government ? Talk about how it could be a Facebook login.
38:48 Could the identity functionality be used for signing documents ?
39:36 How about write-in candidates? How do you determine who is on the ballot ?
40:54 How this could lower barrier of entry as a candidate ?
42:11 Adam K Ernest asks for feedback or questions at adam@followmyvote.com
43:00 How will this be funded and marketed ?
44:03 How about putting it outside US market ?
45:19 Adam K. Ernest is done talking. Discussion changes to the market cap of BTSX vs other Bitcoin 2.0 projects and BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JoeyD

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:54:35 PM

I'm amazed at the speed at which you put this up, oh and thanks for the work. If you didn't mention it, I probably wouldn't have noticed the missing "compressor" (I don't even know what that does).  I also agree with you that this is interesting stuff and more along the line of what I'm hoping will be possible in the future with solutions around distributed consensus.

Looking at the transcript, it seems even the side conversations are part of the edited version  Maybe we should start to be more careful of what we say during those sessions. Then again, it is a mostly informal gathering of people with similar interests.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:43:59 AM

This was super interesting!  The potential of building a Direct democracy/liquid democracy that can provide true voter representation and eventually as a more sophisticated system evolves, voting on specific issues, is one of the main reasons I'm into crypto.  I see it as a vital step for the survival of life on Earth - people forming collective consensus and then acting on it, like another layer of the brain of mankind.

So as far as I understand it the voting DAC has released shares.  They are not the voting tokens used in the elections but rather shares in the DAC that provides the voting service.  How can one buy these?  If this project is successful is the price of BTSX affected? I.e. is another way to support/invest in this by buying BTSX?

beyondbitcoinshow (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:50:30 PM

I'm amazed at the speed at which you put this up, oh and thanks for the work. If you didn't mention it, I probably wouldn't have noticed the missing "compressor" (I don't even know what that does).  I also agree with you that this is interesting stuff and more along the line of what I'm hoping will be possible in the future with solutions around distributed consensus.

Looking at the transcript, it seems even the side conversations are part of the edited version  Maybe we should start to be more careful of what we say during those sessions. Then again, it is a mostly informal gathering of people with similar interests.

All the juicy gossip etc is edited out.  You have to show up to hear that.  Smiley

Although tell me if you ever see something left in that you wish wasn't so that I can be aware.
scottsecret

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:38:14 PM

It is fascinating to me how many different applications can be done with altcoins.  This could never be done on the bitcoin blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: