Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you going to do, when (if) bitcoin hit $1000/BTC?  (Read 10768 times)
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

What are you going to spend your millions on, when bitcoin hit $1000? Luxury consumption or something else? Smiley

I am waiting until BTC hit's $100,000 CAD before I think about spending even 1 of my BTC's. Smiley

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:27:43 PM

I did nothing when bitcoin hit $1000 (well, I bought more). I'm not really planning to "cash out" as I think more and more merchants will just start accepting bitcoin over time as the price continues to rise anyway.

I would probably sell a few if it hit $10,000 just to have some USD as a safety net.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:37:09 AM

I'm gonna buy 10 more and hope it hits $2000+

Then buy 10 more and hope it hits $10000+

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:28:42 PM

... I might buy an island.

Yeah, I think a lot of us will be 'manipulating prices' in the island market in a few years.
One problem with even the most wonderful islands is that they can be lonely places to live, and they usually have no internet connectivity except slow and expensive satellite.

It Bitcoin hits $1000, I will try to attract a small group of freedom-loving Bitcoiners to buy an island that's big enough for us all, and on which we can install high-speed internet.

Ready to buy that island? Smiley

Yes!

If I put in a third, and you and FreeMoney each contribute one-third, we can go ahead.

Now we just need to decide whether it's going to be Tasmania, Madagascar, Cyprus, Madeira or Jamaica. Galts Gulch Chile is looking good too, although it's not an island.

watching .... for a great island of freedom to spring up somewhere Wink

techstorm2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:37:53 PM

Nothing!, as i mined them all i havent lost anything if they drop. I'll continue mining and if/when they hit 100K i'll sell a couple and retire from my boring job.

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:53:01 PM

... I might buy an island.
Yeah, I think a lot of us will be 'manipulating prices' in the island market in a few years.
One problem with even the most wonderful islands is that they can be lonely places to live, and they usually have no internet connectivity except slow and expensive satellite.
It Bitcoin hits $1000, I will try to attract a small group of freedom-loving Bitcoiners to buy an island that's big enough for us all, and on which we can install high-speed internet.
Ready to buy that island? Smiley
Yes!
If I put in a third, and you and FreeMoney each contribute one-third, we can go ahead.
Now we just need to decide whether it's going to be Tasmania, Madagascar, Cyprus, Madeira or Jamaica. Galts Gulch Chile is looking good too, although it's not an island.
watching .... for a great island of freedom to spring up somewhere Wink

I own island and some motu in South Pacific in French Polynesia.

I will sell for Bitcoin.

Interested anyone ?
Georgio

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:21:54 PM

That one looks good: http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/young-island-resort

Cost 10,000 BTC. Better than pizza. Smiley
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:51:59 PM

i guess the most people in 2011 dont hold their coins until today when the price hits 1000 USD...

you have to be a bad motherfucker to be so cool  Cheesy

Relian

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:54:30 PM

Passed 1000, going on to 1500 for sure! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: