Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:39:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who else has invested in LTC?  (Read 2661 times)
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Some people said that ''serious investors'' won't invest in Bitcoin because ''it is too late, they missed the boat.''
What about LTC, then? LTC is still very cheap.

LTC ATH = +/- $48
Currently = +/- $4
= Lost its value x12

BTC ATH = +/- $1200
Currently = +/- $400
= Lost its value x3

So, in my opinion, LTC has more potential.

Are you guys ALL IN BTC, or do you also have LTC, the second leading Crypto Currency?

Please discuss.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:25:48 PM

I invested in LTC when it traded 0.5$ each. I sold at 15$ never to buy back. LTC is worthless. Buy PPC.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:43:40 PM

LTC is done. I had invested and currently at a loss so would be happy if it pumps, but I can see this has no future. Just a copy with a faster but still very slow transaction speed.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:46:54 PM

I'd ignore the above advice about PPC.

LTC is the second alt, if it dies, PPC will have already been buried.

I'm in LTC, and I'm not 100% confident, but there is nothing else out there that will do anything for more than a few months.

BTC, hmmm, it might make you rich, but I wouldn't bet on it.

But my LTC is intended to be used to buy BTC, so my vote of confidence is as a means to an end, and the safest gamble in the long-term.

I first bought LTC at about a dollar. I sold all of it when it was high. I started buying it again when it went to about 0.0125 (not sure of the dollar price, probably about 7 or so).

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
scv00

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:53:51 PM

LTC is done. I had invested and currently at a loss so would be happy if it pumps, but I can see this has no future. Just a copy with a faster but still very slow transaction speed.

What price did you buy in at?
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:00:06 PM

Untrue, with NuBits arriving in 1.5 days, I'd say PPC is the only major alt coin with anything huge going on. LTC has sat at 2nd place doing nothing for months now.

I will never buy LTC, no matter what price it's at, unless it provides some kind of innovation to the cryptospace. Seeing as innovation is not LTC's strong suit at all, yeah.. no LTC in my future.
rikkejohn

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:12:59 PM

Untrue, with NuBits arriving in 1.5 days, I'd say PPC is the only major alt coin with anything huge going on. LTC has sat at 2nd place doing nothing for months now.

I will never buy LTC, no matter what price it's at, unless it provides some kind of innovation to the cryptospace. Seeing as innovation is not LTC's strong suit at all, yeah.. no LTC in my future.

I find your opinion to be really quite poorly conceived.

Are we talking about innovation or about currency?

If it is the latter, no innovation is necessary. BTC is proof of that, as is the dollar bill.

If we are talking about the former, then the innovation that goes on in the altworld is amateurs playing. The corporate giants could invent something tomorrow that would be far more innovative than the likes of PPC.

The fact is, nobody apart from a a grain of sand percent of people give a damn about altcoins. This is why you can claim innovation and attach it to PPC while at the same time I can answer that actually the innovation is not worth anything if it is put up against the potential of others to innovate should they desire to do so ... which they don't.

Yurizhai

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:14:31 PM

I find your opinion to be really quite poorly conceived.

Are we talking about innovation or about currency?

If it is the latter, no innovation is necessary. BTC is proof of that, as is the dollar bill.

If we are talking about the former, then the innovation that goes on in the altworld is amateurs playing. The corporate giants could invent something tomorrow that would be far more innovative than the likes of PPC.

The fact is, nobody apart from a a frain of sand percent of people give a damn about altcoins. This is why you can claim innovation and attach it to PPC while at the same time I can answer that actually the innovation is not worth anything if it is put up against the potential of others to innovate should they desire to do so ... which they don't.

Wait to see what NuBits is about   Cheesy

I'd agree almost every innovation in alt coins thus far is nothing.
rikkejohn

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:19:06 PM

LOL .. good comeback.

I'm no longer convinced that LTC will do the business, but I think the money surrounding has traditionally been so high that the usual handful will be able to take it bacḱ up again unless the whole crypto thing collapses.

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:33:43 PM

You claim LTC has done nothing for months; well, BTC has not either; it's just going down (like LTC).
Doesn't change the fact that LTC is still the second most traded & used coin, and there are still days that LTC's traded more than Bitcoin. You can't say that about other cryptocurrencies.

LTC is faster & more secure. And the creator of Litecoin is known, unlike the creator of Bitcoin. Remember the chaos when a Times reporter claimed to have ''found Satoshi''? What IF the real Satoshi is found? How will that affect the price? What if he is a criminal and uses his vast amounts of Bitcoin to support terrorism? You have to take that into account.

I am currently 70% in LTC & 30% in BTC. I am confident about LTC's future.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:06:52 PM

LTC is still very cheap

yeah that right.  its gonna be getting cheaper every day until the LTC's flying too close to that 0 and burns Wink

~CfA~

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:38:43 PM

You claim LTC has done nothing for months; well, BTC has not either; it's just going down (like LTC).
Doesn't change the fact that LTC is still the second most traded & used coin, and there are still days that LTC's traded more than Bitcoin. You can't say that about other cryptocurrencies.

LTC is faster & more secure. And the creator of Litecoin is known, unlike the creator of Bitcoin. Remember the chaos when a Times reporter claimed to have ''found Satoshi''? What IF the real Satoshi is found? How will that affect the price? What if he is a criminal and uses his vast amounts of Bitcoin to support terrorism? You have to take that into account.

I am currently 70% in LTC & 30% in BTC. I am confident about LTC's future.

There are dozens of coins that are technically better than LTC. LTC is technically better than BTC, but BTC is the first and the face of the industry.

LTC has very little real world use. Dogecoin has more actual use than LTC.

LTC isn't the best in anything anymore. In this industry, unless a coin is the best at something, its value will continually decline. Give it a few months and Litecoin will be back at $0.50.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:16:29 AM

Wait to see what NuBits is about   Cheesy

Only the pumpers care about "innovation"...
People with money don't want a snazzy wallet...
Or to make murky VOIP calls on an Alt Coin.

People with money care about security, security, security...
That's why all the deadbeats get LTC completely wrong...
It's an ultra-high security scrypt asic online vault.

*** LTC it will outperform BTC going forward, it's an easy double from here ***
Yurizhai

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Wait to see what NuBits is about   Cheesy

Only the pumpers care about "innovation"...
People with money don't want a snazzy wallet...
Or to make murky VOIP calls on an Alt Coin.

Neither of those examples are innovations.
cryptillian

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:32:39 AM

no not since januari and even then 1 ltc
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:35:37 AM

LTC is still very cheap

yeah that right.  its gonna be getting cheaper every day until the LTC's flying too close to that 0 and burns Wink

~CfA~

Ya we should probably tell the Chinese who keep spending millions on scrypt asic farms , tell them all thats all for nothing.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:08:18 AM

Anyway, I believe in LTC. I have thousands of LTC. Worst thing that could happen is that I lose all my money; life will continue.
Best thing that could happen is LTC skyrockets like never before; my life improves.

So... what could really go wrong? Nothing.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:30:59 AM

Serious investors don't invest in cryptos yet. But if they did, they wouldn't invest in LTC.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:54:55 AM

scenario: people pump up ppc and talk bad about ltc, LTC goes to the moon the second ppc is dumped which will be just in time.

LTC will see 50$ again and it'll rise fast once it does because everyone is out now.

People claiming doge would have more use have no clue.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 11:26:55 AM

now all the losers in BTC are going to try to pump PPC and created another, better monopoly to do what? no one will trust each other, as soon as you jam your fake non existent wealth into PPC a monopoly holder will cash out on you.

hilarious stuff to watch, but i don't see it working.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: