Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rent out your old FPGA miners!  (Read 2500 times)
eldentyrell (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:01:28 PM

I've got a cryptography project shaping up that could benefit from renting lots of idle FPGA miners.  Specifically Spartan-6 LX150 chips (*).  If you have a lot of these, and can put them online, please contact me through the email link in my profile (do not send forum PMs).  Let me know how many chips worth you have.

Just to be clear, we're not interested in actually taking physical delivery of the miners or chips.  You'd give me a login on some junky linux box that has JTAG or similar access to the boards, I'd pay you weekly in BTC.  You pay the electric bill, but obviously we're offering more than enough to offset that.  You're free to bail out at any time.

There are still a few things that need to happen for the project to go forward, one of which is finding enough compute power.  So if you don't have a fairly large installation that's ok, let me know anyways, but I'll probably put you on the wait-list for after we get the first few big contributors going.

Thanks,

(*) It *might* make sense to add support for other FPGAs, but only if you have a truly gigantic quantity of them (like 1,000+).  If you think this might be you, let me know what you've got.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: