Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:34:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Belize vs BVI vs Gambia Offshore Corp? Which is best for BTC company formation?  (Read 1635 times)
bitpoper (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:10:05 AM

Does someone know about which country is best to incorporate an offshore company for a Bitcoin based business?
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 10:51:05 AM

Speak to these guys

http://www.ocra.com/

They've helped me with a couple of things in the past and I can highly recommend them. Not always the cheapest but from experience the most reliable.
bitpoper (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:16:06 AM

Cool...will speak to them but I was really hoping to get a discussion started to discuss more of this. Specially the factors like legality and possibilities of putting up stocks legally on asset exchange or the other bitcoin share trading sites. Might help alot of people in future if there is a thread like this. Thanks.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 02:41:14 PM

I understand but thought I would save you some time. You will get as many opinions as there are members on here and although some may be good most will be useless as the members do not know your circumstances. Do you have capital, will you be borrowing capital and if so from where will this originate, will you have partners, will there be assets in the business, are you looking at expanding the business in future through possible subsidiaries, where are you located and what tax laws apply there especially in terms of offshore company ownership both for you and any partners, what will happen to the profits -will it go back 'home' or be reinvested and or channeled into another foundation/trust/company, do you have a financial auditor or do you require a setup that do not require audited financial statements each year, if you setup offshore I assume you will travel there every now and then - what is the visa requirements for your current citizenship, can you possibly get a residency permit with your current citizenship for the offshore location, would you require a work permit after setting up offshore, some jurisdictions require this even if you are not always there  etc...etc...etc....

That's why I suggest you go and speak to people who do this every day and know what they are doing. I can give you many opinions on which jurisdiction is the best but that does not mean it will be the best for you unless you disclose all the relevant details.

Setting something like this up can be quite costly depending on structure etc.. and its easy do it wrong i.e. establish yourself in a place only to find out later that there are regulations in their financial and or tax laws which affects your business negatively and or that they do not allow you into the country without a visa which can sometimes take a month to three to get etc..etc...

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:18:00 PM

I could reply this question. It doesn't make much difference if your business is BTC related or not. If it's financial, there's a clear choice, but this isn't the kind of information you can get for free on an internet forum.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: