Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter Schiff on bitcoin  (Read 1068 times)
DeadCoin (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:07:46 AM

From his radio podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMfoFlJhcck&list=UUIjuLiLHdFxYtFmWlbTGQRQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=3945
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:38:31 AM

hmmm Peter is really pushing hard to get bitcoin holders to buy gold with their btc and he is even accepting bitcoin and cashing it in right away for cash via bitpay.  

It seems he has a lot more faith in cash and fiat than btc.  

Do you think he is just not understanding the future and technology of the block chain and digital assets bitcoin2?    Obviously this is like the internet of 2014, and will make the internet way more interactive and exchange of money and assets much easier.

Thats the way I see it.  I wonder if Peter was around saying btc is worthless when it went down in price in its first and second cycle etc.?

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:07:55 AM

Pffttt

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
DeadCoin (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:02:18 PM

hmmm Peter is really pushing hard to get bitcoin holders to buy gold with their btc and he is even accepting bitcoin and cashing it in right away for cash via bitpay.  

Do you think he is just not understanding the future and technology of the block chain and digital assets bitcoin2?    Obviously this is like the internet of 2014, and will make the internet way more interactive and exchange of money and assets much easier.

Thats the way I see it.  I wonder if Peter was around saying btc is worthless when it went down in price in its first and second cycle etc.?

Schiff has his agenda, always bullish on precious metals and foreign markets, always bearish on US economy and dollar.
You got to understand he's a salesman, most of what he says is what is in his best interest and to promote his company, but regarding bitcoin I think he's right. That's why I posted it here, I'm with him on this one.
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:11:00 PM

Let him talk whatever, that is freedom! Smiley
Bitcoin FTW
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:43:41 PM

Peter is addicted to gold and isn't interested at any other alternative whatever it is, for example stocks, bonds, dollar, property etc. Bitcoin is new invention and totally different from what we have known the world based on our knowledge. I deeply doubt about that he really find what bitcoin is and its mechanism.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:52:12 PM

Schiff has his agenda, always bullish on precious metals and foreign markets, always bearish on US economy and dollar.
You got to understand he's a salesman, most of what he says is what is in his best interest and to promote his company, but regarding bitcoin I think he's right. That's why I posted it here, I'm with him on this one.

Agree.

Stop listening to him after I realize he is just another salesman. What is his stance on bitcoin now? A "mirage" like what Buffet mentioned before?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: