Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for a decent coder to help me with a bitcoin plugin for wordpress  (Read 1871 times)
nereer (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 01:27:14 PM

Hey

Been reading about this bitcoin thing for a while and I want to make my contribution to the community. I am writing a (very simple) wordpress plugin for taking bitcoin donations and I have hit a technical problem that I can't get my head around.

Are there any decent coders out there who would like to give me a hand? It's a javascript/flash/php issue but it is probably not very complicated.

cheers

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 08:41:06 PM

I am writing a (very simple) wordpress plugin for taking bitcoin donations and I have hit a technical problem that I can't get my head around.

Not sure what type of problem you are running into, but here's another implementation of a wordpress shopping cart plugin.
  http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin-wp-e-commerce
  It is open source.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

nereer (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2011, 11:04:55 PM

I've seen the wp-ecommerce work and it is impressive but not relevant to me.

Basically I wanted to make a plugin that provides a widget for the wordpress sidebar which says something like 'if you like this site please consider making a bitcoin donation' (or whatever custom message), has the site owner's bitcoin address, and has a link with something like 'what is bitcoin?'. The bitcoin addresses are really long and don't fit well on the page so I am trying to use the copy-to-clipboard functionality of zeroclipboard so that the user can hit a button to copy the address directly to the clipboard.

Everything else works fine, just can't get this copy-to-clipboard functionality working. I have posted on SO and the wordpress forums and been on the wordpress IRC numerous times. This shouldn't be that hard but I haven't managed to get anyone interested enough to have a look at it.

I could easily have written this statically on my page but I did a search on the wordpress plugin database and found nothing like it; and though that it would help spread the word about bitcoin.

ps. am I missing something? how the hell do you subsribe to a topic on this forum ?!??

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
Anonymous

March 31, 2011, 12:13:56 AM

Id be interested in this plugin also for http://bitcoin.com.au

nereer (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 04:04:49 PM

Id be interested in this plugin also for http://bitcoin.com.au

great! who do you know who can help me with this?

nereer (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2011, 09:56:51 AM

cmon people!

I thought the bitcoin 'scene' was full of tech experts. Is it just bunch of dodgy speculators?

granrojo

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 10:34:00 AM

You don't say what the problem is, only that it is not working, so I'll have a guess.

Your plugin will need to load the ZeroClipboard javascript file.
You will also have to set the correct path to ZeroClipboard.swf

Are you sure that you are linking to these properly.

If these files are both in the same folder as your plugin then I would suggest you reference them along the lines of:

Code:
<?php

$plugin_url 
WP_PLUGIN_URL.'/'.str_replace(basename__FILE__),"",plugin_basename(__FILE__));  

$zero_clipboard_js $plugin_url 'ZeroClipboard.js';
$zero_clipboard_swf $plugin_url 'ZeroClipboard.swf';

?>

If your plugin is loading everything correctly then your problem is likely with Zero Clipboard, not Wordpress, so maybe find a forum related to that instead.

Maybe will help, maybe not  Smiley
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 03:47:42 AM

ps. am I missing something? how the hell do you subsribe to a topic on this forum ?!??

Post in it  Grin

Seriously, as of right now it's the only way, we're working on that.

I like the idea and hope you get it figured out.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 03:57:05 AM

Hey

Been reading about this bitcoin thing for a while and I want to make my contribution to the community. I am writing a (very simple) wordpress plugin for taking bitcoin donations and I have hit a technical problem that I can't get my head around.

Are there any decent coders out there who would like to give me a hand? It's a javascript/flash/php issue but it is probably not very complicated.

cheers

I can try to help you out if you still need it.
JamezQ

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 04:38:53 AM

Hey

cheers

I can try to help you out if you still need it.

Same. I'm pretty good at javascript, and decent at php and nothing at flash Wink
nereer (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:30:55 AM

Thanks guys.

I don't have hosting atm, but I am gonna get my code hosted somewhere by the end of the week. I will post back here with the link when I put it up and fully explain my problem.

thanks
ed

F4C3

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 01:40:21 PM

I can help with the development of these requests.  PM (or email) me with your issues and I will see what I can do.  First come, first serve as I am busy developing other bitcoin applications in my freetime.
eof

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 01:53:50 PM

advice to OP.. put up a small bounty for this.. 1-3 btc

I don't know wordpress specifically; but this should be like 2 lines of javascript and 3 lines of html.  If no one answers by the time I go home from work I'll write the code tonight.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: