Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie help please  (Read 2631 times)
guysilverrikard (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:51:06 PM

i am running  an imac late 2007 model duo core 2   and  i am  wanting to mine using  the graphics  card???   can  some one please  help me  i am so  freaking  confused i have  i think everythign  downloaded  and  been  struggling  for 2 years  now with no success and  i need help  please  guysilverriakrd@gmail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:45:22 PM

Mining Bitcoin with a graphics card is really a waste of time, especially on a Mac which probably has a really old GPU.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 05:36:35 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 06:25:38 AM by cyberpinoy

Mining Bitcoin with a graphics card is really a waste of time, especially on a Mac which probably has a really old GPU.

I hate people like you why even post anything just move on and post nothing dont waste his and your time.

The answer he was looking for is

what miner did you download?
What videocard do you have?
What coin do you wish to mine?

First make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your videocards.

With using only videocards I think your best result would be to mine an altcoin, something with a very low difficulty.

I will send you an email with a pool to help you instantly get started very simpole very easy and very fast you will mining with your GPU in less than 10 minutes Smiley

if you want to learn more complex mining the other information will need to be answered but I suggest you start small and grow and learn.

it said your email does not exist so i will private message you here instead.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:09:52 PM

I hate people like you why even post anything just move on and post nothing dont waste his and your time.

The answer he was looking for is

...snip...

What coin do you wish to mine?

Mining Bitcoin with a GPU is a waste of time.  If the OP was just wanting to tinker around at a loss for an education that would be different, and I assume he would have posted again saying so.

If he is looking to mine alt coins then he is posting in the wrong section.  Which means your post is also inappropriate.  Alt coin discussions should be taken to the alt coin section.

But we don't know if he is looking to mine Bitcoin or Alt coins because he never cared to post again.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
rollingMyCar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:17:34 AM

i am running  an imac late 2007 model duo core 2   and  i am  wanting to mine using  the graphics  card???   can  some one please  help me  i am so  freaking  confused i have  i think everythign  downloaded  and  been  struggling  for 2 years  now with no success and  i need help  please  guysilverriakrd@gmail.com

the gold mining era is ended some months ago!!!

now it is a waste of money mining with gpu and on cloud too...

and if you get asic to mine sha-256... you will see ROI just if you are very lucky!!!
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:28:29 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 03:38:47 AM by cyberpinoy

Oh bit doesnt matter, why not just answer his questions?

First make sure you have all the correct drivers for your CPU and GPUS installed, Are you using CGminer or BFGMiner or what program are you using?

You will need to set up commands and if you are going to mine using one of those programs get an older version of the software because if I remember correctly they do not support CPU/GPU mining in the newer versions.

Once you hav e all the right software and drivers installed you will need to get in on a pool, I suggest eobot becasue your hash power is very very low. at least you will get somthing. (in addition eobot has their own software which would make mining a breeze for you) you could also try cointellect who also has their own software to mine with. Just make sure and do research on both sites to make an educated decision.

If you choose some other pool, like triplemining which could be very profitable for you if you can leave your machine running 24 hours a day mining, you will need to put in the correct command lines.

It would look something like this in CGminer

cgminer.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u cyberpinoy_test -p 123
                               POOL     :       PORT        USERNAME           PASSWORD

If you want to solo mine, you will need a coin.conf files which is a little bit more complex.

Please keep in  mind mining Bitcoins with such a low hashrate could result in very unsatisfying results, however could make more than doing faucets daily Smiley so it just depends on what you are searching to do.

Mining Bitcoin with a GPU is a waste of time.  If the OP was just wanting to tinker around at a loss for an education that would be different, and I assume he would have posted again saying so.

If he is looking to mine alt coins then he is posting in the wrong section.  Which means your post is also inappropriate.  Alt coin discussions should be taken to the alt coin section.

But we don't know if he is looking to mine Bitcoin or Alt coins because he never cared to post again.

Says you Smiley please understand a lot of people are not like you or me who have the money to afford machines, they only have what is at their disposal, some people are even doing faucets 24/7 trying to earn enough bitcoins to get some cloud mining, and to be honst you can earn a biut more in some cases mining with your CPU and GPU, IF you know what you are doing Smiley for those who got here the easy way <I am assuming like you > they dont understand working from the bottom of the shit and trying to climb out with any way they can, busting their ass day in and day out trying to earn even 1000 to 10,000 satoshis a day collecting saving and hoping to get enough to get that 1 GHS of cloud. I do mining seminars where people just like this ask e these same questions, they dont have thousands of dollars floating around in their bitcoin wallet, some of them never heard of Bitcoins or mining before. Even when i first started and had a 10THS farm i could not find supportive answers in this forum community, i had to figure out everything on my own.

So please tell me what is this forum for, For veterans to gloat at their easy success in buying some coins when they were 12 cents a coin, or getting into mining whe GPU mining was worth it. Why cant you guys just answer the questions straight forward. Looking for answers for 2 to 3 days does not help an new person in any way. getting them started mining, and lettin g them see exactly the results would show them a lot faster, becasue if you think comments like yours actually stop people from searching for their answers and getting started you are out of your mind, they do not, they stop when they try it for themselves.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: