Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:11:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Distributed Mining Initiative - BCX attack denied  (Read 6151 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:56:03 PM

ROFL

So after pissing off 90% of the forum over several months you ask for help! Hahahahahaha!

Die, shitcoin DIE!  Grin

1+

+ Infinity

Why such hatred, i don't understand. Instead of clicking ignore on the obvious trolls, you build up this hatred for monero and anyone that holds/develops/likes/believes in the project. I've really never seen anything like it  
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

It appears as though I have a couple of instances mining into somebody else's wallet.  Sigh.

You're welcome, whoever you are!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:24:57 AM

It appears as though I have a couple of instances mining into somebody else's wallet.  Sigh.

Maybe you missed step 11 -

11) Now, you need to edit cpustart.sh and gpustart.sh in your home directory using either vi or nano, unless you want to mine to my XMR address Wink It looks like if you want to mine directly to exchange, just replace my XMR address in both files with YourExchangeXMRAddress.YourExchangePaymentID.

There's also a totally automated AMI now that mines straight to the developer's donation address called XMRminerToDevFund, see here for more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653467.msg8931252#msg8931252
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:27:38 AM

11) Now, you need to edit cpustart.sh and gpustart.sh in your home directory using either vi or nano, unless you want to mine to my XMR address Wink It looks like if you want to mine directly to exchange, just replace my XMR address in both files with YourExchangeXMRAddress.YourExchangePaymentID.

There's also a totally automated AMI now that mines straight to the developer's donation address called XMRminerToDevFund, see here for more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653467.msg8931252#msg8931252

The instructions were definitely good.  Totally my stupidity.
Skinnkavaj (OP)

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:26:47 AM

UPDATE: Please consider SOLO mining, if you have to use pool make sure to use backups. BCX will try to DDOS pools in order to gain more control of the network so he more easily pull of the attack. BCX took down poloniex just minutes ago.

Instructions for solo mining with private pool here

vuduchyld

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:38:40 AM

I am actually so bad at this that I wasn't mining into anybody's wallet because I started it incorrectly.  Damn vi...switched to nano, though, and now I'm good.  Running two instances, and will set up some more tonight.

Just a question first, though...I believe that when I did ps -A I saw minerd but not ccminer.  Is something still screwed up?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:17:21 AM

I am actually so bad at this that I wasn't mining into anybody's wallet because I started it incorrectly.  Damn vi...switched to nano, though, and now I'm good.  Running two instances, and will set up some more tonight.

Just a question first, though...I believe that when I did ps -A I saw minerd but not ccminer.  Is something still screwed up?

You should definitely see them both if you follow all the instructions. Did you setup a g2.2xlarge instance? If you don't have a gpu ccminer won't work. Also, did you run the LDFLAGS command in step 12?
Code:
sudo ldconfig /usr/local/cuda-5.5/lib64
If you don't run that one ccminer won't start.

You might just be missing it. You can try:
Code:
pgrep ccminer
and if it outputs anything (a process id) that means it is running.
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:27:10 AM

Aha.  Got it.  Thanks!

Edit: GREAT instructions, by the way.  I'm a complete goober and I worked through it! 
Fidel Crypto

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:02:19 AM

what or who is BCX ?  Huh
slavo

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:11:12 PM

http://xmr.poolto.be/ is small; less chances of attacks on smallest pool; i switched some hash to help

cheers
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:11:12 PM

ROFL

So after pissing off 90% of the forum over several months you ask for help! Hahahahahaha!

Die, shitcoin DIE!  Grin

1+

+ Infinity

Why such hatred, i don't understand. Instead of clicking ignore on the obvious trolls, you build up this hatred for monero and anyone that holds/develops/likes/believes in the project. I've really never seen anything like it  

Yeah, I'm puzzled myself. Haven't been visiting the XMR community a lot lately but it seems it's mostly Stealthcoin shills fudding. No idea why though..
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:35:32 PM

I have a question that I feel stupid asking, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I set up a couple of instances following the instructions.  I know this was idiotic, but I set them up to mine to my Poloniex exchange wallet.  Since Polo suspended deposits, there have been no XMR deposited to my account. 

What happens to any XMR I mined in the last 24 hours?  Will they show up when Polo lifts that restriction?  Or did I just mine some loose XMR and deposit into cyberspace?
netmonk

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:41:44 PM

Do you solo mine ?

Because if so, i doubt poloniex will be able to give you your coins.

The poloniex address is a global wallet address. what distinguish user who make deposit is the payement ID.

Some pools accept to transfer miner xmr to poloniex as soon as you provide them with address+payment ID.

Else you should mine to using your own wallet address. Its safer and better !
netmonk

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:44:45 PM

Second wallet operation are suspended at Poloniex, which means deposit and withdrawal.

The only things is that the deposit transaction are in the blockchain but they wont integrate them to your poloniex account to avoid any trick/cheat during the freeze.

So basically your deposit transactions are not lost, just not displayed on your xmr balance on poloniex.
vuduchyld

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:50:08 PM

Do you solo mine ?

Because if so, i doubt poloniex will be able to give you your coins.

The poloniex address is a global wallet address. what distinguish user who make deposit is the payement ID.

Some pools accept to transfer miner xmr to poloniex as soon as you provide them with address+payment ID.

Else you should mine to using your own wallet address. Its safer and better !

Second wallet operation are suspended at Poloniex, which means deposit and withdrawal.

The only things is that the deposit transaction are in the blockchain but they wont integrate them to your poloniex account to avoid any trick/cheat during the freeze.

So basically your deposit transactions are not lost, just not displayed on your xmr balance on poloniex.

I did include the payment ID, so maybe it will show up eventually. 

I think I will switch to my wallet address, though. 

Thanks for your answers!
Yeni78

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:57:08 PM

What exactly is happening tomorrow? Someone is planning a 51% attack on Monero? And this same person runs a Monero pool?

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up.
netmonk

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

i bet 99.99% that tomorow will be like yesterday and the day before.

The recursive law ! Smiley

The more we wait for the something, the less the chance for it to happens Smiley
RedZeppelin

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:17:15 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 09:03:55 PM by RedZeppelin

UPDATE: Please consider SOLO mining, if you have to use pool make sure to use backups. BCX will try to DDOS pools in order to gain more control of the network so he more easily pull of the attack. BCX took down poloniex just minutes ago.

Instructions for solo mining with private pool here

Please consider to NOT MINE AT ALL!

Why would all none monero bagholders rush to the rescue and provide  free hashrate to a network to secure it when we have 0 monero and 0 interest
in preserving your coin and will get about 0 monero for mining with our 4670k`s or something.
Dude just take your VISA and rent everything you can if you think its worth it Grin
I guess not since you try to get everyone else to do it for you..
Cmon solo mine Monero Roll Eyes Could you not make up a better waste of energy?
People toss events like Earth hour and you encourage people to solo mine Monero Grin

I would personally like to see BCX succeed.
I bet he is humming on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixPL_PnjrI while putting Monero on fire.

We need some kind of program we can download so BCX can borrow like 90% of our PSU/GPU`s for his little experiments, then he just tweet "turn the shit on" that
would give us time to microwave the popcorn and enjoy the show.
Hell for fuck sake he should invent a "coin" that is ONLY distributed in proportion the the amount of hashpower you provide to his experiments.

Kahir - Scamming dev of Rebirthcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=798159.msg8977686#msg8977686 gets a free happy meal!!
Yeni78

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:05:58 PM

I found this good summary of the situation:

http://bullbearanalytics.com/2014/09/23/whats-going-monero/
ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:08:29 AM

ROFL

Die, shitcoin DIE!  Grin

1+

+ Infinity

Yeah, I'm puzzled myself. Haven't been visiting the XMR community a lot lately but it seems it's mostly Stealthcoin shills fudding. No idea why though..

The user known as "Stealthcoin" is in no way associated with the Stealthcoin community or development.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: