Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 03:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for up to date advice on wallets, minors and starting for 1st time  (Read 946 times)
warlock72 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:36:16 PM

I've been doing some reading up on Bitcoin and to be honest I'm more confused now than when I started. I figured the best thing to do is set something up and go from there. Have a starting point you may say. Like everything else online people only bother to post about something if they have experienced a problem, when everything is working well  they tend not to bother.

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the best wallet, minor and resources for a first time user who knows very little about bitcoin. I feel I will learn a lot more once I get started. oh and I'm running windows as well.

All tips and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:40:26 PM

I've been doing some reading up on Bitcoin and to be honest I'm more confused now than when I started. I figured the best thing to do is set something up and go from there. Have a starting point you may say. Like everything else online people only bother to post about something if they have experienced a problem, when everything is working well  they tend not to bother.

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the best wallet, minor and resources for a first time user who knows very little about bitcoin. I feel I will learn a lot more once I get started. oh and I'm running windows as well.

All tips and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

First of all, welcome to the bitcointalk forum where you can find everything you want/need to know about bitcoin. Second, for the wallet I'd recommend you blockchain.info. For the starting with btc, you can join a signature campaign here, you can find them https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0 here. Also, you can use some faucets to feel what's it like to send, recieve or to do anything with bitcoins. I will post you a small guide for the novices with faucets.

First of all this can get you a fair amount of free bitcoins if you are patient, so don't expect to get rich of it, it's still free btc so let's grab as much as we can.

Second, we will be combining a few sites to max the profit.

-freebitco.in   ( freebitco.in )   this site can payout really high amount but you'll need to have a few referals in order to do so, but it's still one with the best and comfirmed payouts

-dailybitcoins.org ( dailybitcoins.org ) This is one of my favorite btc sites. Request a payment every hour, try to unleast, to recieve a payment and a VOUCHER. Now, redeem those vouchers and you can later sell them at Peerbet.org (just type in hte chat @voucher and paste your voucher code) or you can advertise with those vouchers. It is good to combine freebitco.in with coinurl and then put that shortened link, so you also get btc when someone views your ad

-Coinurl.com ( Coinurl.com ) great site if you have your blog or a website or in a combination with dailybitcoins. Don't have anything else much to say about this

-CoinAd.com ( CoinAd.com ) My favorite site. Very simple PTC faucet with a fairly high payouts that you can earn in 2-3 days (payouts take some time). Strongly Recomend this one

-bitcrate.me and coinbox.me   ( bitcrate.me )  ( coinbox.me )  Best colection of faucets, you can hit the minimum withdraw within a few hours and payouts are farely fast, every 6 hours I think. I also STRONGLY recomend these two

This can help you on the start. LAter, when you get more into bitcoin, you will see new posibilities. Untill then, Good luck!

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 11:55:12 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 02:01:05 AM by btchris

The best advice I can offer regarding which wallet is the best is "don't follow anyone's advice."

The reason is simple: different wallets are geared towards different goals. One person's personal favorite might not be a good choice for you.

Instead, visit the Bitcoin.org getting started page here: https://bitcoin.org/en/getting-started

Read step 1, "Inform yourself" (don't worry, it's not long), then move on to step 2, "Choose your wallet." At the bottom of the choose-your-wallet page there's a link to "secure your wallet" which you should read before choosing a wallet. (edited; I think I misunderstood you) You've already said that "few resources" is a requirement, so don't choose a wallet that says it's a "full node."

If you have any specific questions, please ask, I'm sure someone will be along who can help.

Oh yes, and welcome!
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:00:31 AM

miner

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3287

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:12:14 AM

For wallet advice, go to bitcoin.org.

Mining advice: Don't, unless you are willing to pay for the experience.

Advice on obtaining bitcoins: Buy them. Don't bother with faucets or signatures. They are a waste of your time.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Yuki1988

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:13:25 AM

First, you should read the articles on http://www.coindesk.com/information/ to get yourself some brief understanding.
I would suggest you to use Electrum as it is the easiest one to set up for complete newbies.
And for mining, I am afraid you won't be able to get profit in bitcoin mining now. You may check the profitability yourself with some mining calculator like https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: