Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPC] Peercoin - Indicium Logo & PeerAssets Diagram Released  (Read 50009 times)
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:55:54 PM

5 Minutes after NuBits rel, PPC Crash from 0.038 to 0.030  Shocked Shocked
Why??

Classic buy the rumor sell the news. The fact that the details were kept secret pretty much sends the message (intended or not) that the news may not be live up to the hype. This indeed, turned out to be true.

The secrecy was to retain first mover advantage. As was said, read the whitepaper in full and maybe you'll change your mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:38:03 PM

I'm getting ready to give it a read and see what I can pull out from it. I see that Cryptsy has just added PPC/USD trading yesterday as well, now might be the time for me to stop slacking and buy some Peercoin when I have the chance. I think right now it's a good way to hedge some funds instead of just being invested into BTC.

thExit

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:49:58 PM

Why??

1. The site was not working correctly for the first 10 minutes or so.

2. BTC-E loves to make everything look like  scam for a flash crash, so they can buy cheap.

3. NuBits is an involved project that requires time to digest. At a super quick glance, it doesn't look like anything special. Whereas the first two pages of the whitepaper make it clear this has never been done before.

I love the bit about BTC-e, exactly what was happening in the trollbox. If people bothered to stay informed, they'd be watching the peercointalk.org chat and would learn fast that there's a problem with the https version. Out of ignorance many people started panic-selling, making other people relly happy. But that's just a side story.

It's time to dig into the true story, as NuBits exhibit a great potential. Don't rush into things, check and understand the mechanisms to avoid surprises and panic.

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:53:50 PM

I like the idea behind Nubits but I have to admit that I can't really understand everything. But I understand that there will be nuShares, which get minted like bitcoins and there are nuBits. NuShares own the network. They get traded like other currency and the price gets determined through supply and demand. The nuBits are the currency and get set to 1NBT = 1USD. To keep the NBT to $1 there are custodians. Custodians get elected by the owners of the NuShares (-> I think by the ones which creates a block). They give the custodians an amount of new nuBits to create big sell walls at $1. -> So the price can't increase. On the other hand, if the price wants to decrease, the network offers nuBit owners an interest rate to park their nubits on a specific address (supply decreases). Should the price decrease through a sudden crash in demand, people which sell at <$1 will always lose and people who buy at <$1 will always win. Because in a matter of time the price will stabalize at $1 again. The network (holders of nuShares  calles Nu) get a revenue. If they chose to create new nubits, they get sold for $1 each. That revenue gets paid in PPC only so they have to buy PPC from the revenue in dollar.

At this point I don't really know what exchanges get chosen and how the electing works, but I keep reading later Smiley

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:02:37 PM

There is a lot of info and questions answered on the NuBits forum. Check it out...

http://discuss.nubits.com/
biophil

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

Why??

Classic buy the rumor sell the news. The fact that the details were kept secret pretty much sends the message (intended or not) that the news may not be live up to the hype. This indeed, turned out to be true.

The secrecy was to retain first mover advantage. As was said, read the whitepaper in full and maybe you'll change your mind.

Nu is a clever system, but as soon as its details were revealed, it was obvious that it isn't going to have any direct impact on the PPC price. Sure, it will pay dividends in PPC, but that's not a net buying pressure. It could indirectly help PPC price by bringing new people into the ecosystem, etc, but paying dividends in PPC creates selling pressure (people cashing their dividends out) which exactly cancels out the buying pressure that comes from the Nu system acquiring the PPC in the first place.

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:05:00 PM

5 Minutes after NuBits rel, PPC Crash from 0.038 to 0.030  Shocked Shocked
Why??

Nu is a clever system, but as soon as its details were revealed, it was obvious that it isn't going to have any direct impact on the PPC price. Sure, it will pay dividends in PPC, but that's not a net buying pressure. It could indirectly help PPC price by bringing new people into the ecosystem, etc, but paying dividends in PPC creates selling pressure (people cashing their dividends out) which exactly cancels out the buying pressure that comes from the Nu system acquiring the PPC in the first place.

Only if literally every single person sells 100% of their dividends, which is unlikely to happen. Especially if NuBits is showing success and the system is growing.
canary

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

Forget about rumours, PPC is going to be the second biggest market if NuBits succeed! And I think it's going to succeed, GOOD JOB! Smiley
rajc

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:02:59 PM

sorry about noob question, but how can I obtain nuShares?
Yurizhai

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:03:53 PM

This is all the information we have on NuShares distribution:

http://discuss.nubits.com/t/undistributed-nushares/125
rajc

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:21:15 PM

so only "people who have demonstrated skills that will be helpful to the advancement of the network" can buy nuShares and typical buy should be 9000 nuBits (USD)?
Yurizhai

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:26:34 PM

so only "people who have demonstrated skills that will be helpful to the advancement of the network" can buy nuShares and typical buy should be 9000 nuBits (USD)?

As I understand it a portion go to people who have demonstrated they will be good for the network, a portion will be provided to whoever will pay, and after that they will be on exchanges and sold/traded just like any other crypotcurrency.
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:57:26 PM

Only if literally every single person sells 100% of their dividends, which is unlikely to happen. Especially if NuBits is showing success and the system is growing.

If _all_ people cash their dividends out, it will cancel out the demand for having bought the dividend PPC.

But if only a fraction of people tend to keep their PPC this will lead to an increasing PPC price level.
Do you really expect all NuShare holders to do that, to cash out at instant?

I expect some people not to cash out, because NuShares might also attract people who already own Peercoins.
...and they have Peercoins, because they did not cash those Peercoins out yet Wink
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

What an epic crash for ppc, 385 down to 230 in a matter of 5 hours, more than 1 million USD in ppc sold on the market. I'm not sure it was such a good move to go with such secrecy and the countdown considering nubits has little to do with the ppc price and may cause a fair bit of downward pressure.
thExit

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:52:37 PM

NuBits, NuShares and the cryptosystem they create should have a positive effect on PPC, as stated earlier, not all of the shareholders will cash out of PPC paid through dividends. Besides, NuBits have the ability to absorb massive amounts of USD, if they can partially take over the role of USD in internet-related payments, the combined capital of NuBits and NuShares can overwhelm the capital of PPC itself.

It yet remains to be seen to what extent the capitalization of NuShares will grow and what kind of yield will they generate, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years the dividends paid to NuShareholders would constitute a significant % of the total PPC supply.

How much of USD will go into NuBits? A kind of reference might be the CoinDesk State of Bitcoin Q2 2014 report, pages 15 and 16,  where it is mentioned what kind of services can be impacted by crypto-currency adoption. The numbers are astonishing.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:53:15 PM

It has defiantly caused a huge stir in the markets, the blowoff went for the most part went back into BTC, the volitility is wild.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:04:53 AM

I don't see why this would be the case. I think it's inevitable that many NuShareholders are also going to be Peercoin holders. Why would they sell? I know I wouldn't at least. And besides buying pressure, this relationship between the coins will help Peercoin in other ways. This quote is from a NuBits developer on our subreddit...

Peercoin holds a very important role in the design of NuBits. It is the incentive to build a better and stronger Nu Network. If Peercoin is not doing well then NuShare holders will lose out on their own incentive.

This will in time prove to be a beneficial symbiotic relationship between the coins. Improving the usability and utility of Peercoin is good for the NuShares holders as well.
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:59:08 AM

It's nice to see some real innovation being made instead of just another copy coin like you see in Altcoins!  PPC itself was a major leap ahead, so this new idea has a heritage to live up to  Cheesy

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:03:05 AM

How does NuBits compare with BitUsd ? They both try to peg USD if I have it right.
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:15:49 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 05:41:20 AM by chryspano

I might got it wrong but your tools to stabilize prize is by auto selling in centralized exchanges and by offering high interest rates when the prize is too low?

EDIT
It seems I got it right...https://nubits.com/about/price-stability

Probably this explains the -25% peercoin price so far
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: