Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I buy Bitcoin via a Credit Card or Paypal?  (Read 5346 times)
jimmy01 (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:14:22 AM

I want to buy some bitcoins. Ideally, I would like to buy them on the MtGox exchange (because the consensus seems to be that this is the most reputable exchange), however I have found the system for transferring USD to MtGox to be very disappointing. I would have liked to be able to add funds with PayPal or directly with a credit card, however both of these are not possible.

Is there an easy way to use a credit card to add USD funds to my MtGox account. Liberty Reserve, Dwolla, and Paxum seem to be the financial institutions of choice for MtGox and the rest of the exchanges. Is any of these simple to fund using a credit card, or are they all basically PayPal analogues (which Paxum seems to be) that require a large amount of setup?

If it is not possible for MtGox, is there another, hopefully reputable, exchange that I can use PayPal or a Credit Card to buy bitcoins with?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:18:36 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 03:09:21 AM by snarlpill

You seem to be stuck in the past, my friend. Both Mt. Gox and Liberty Reserve are long gone, and the consensus is actually that Mt. Gox turned out to be the Least reputable exchange.

For reputable Bitcoin purchasing with a credit/debit card, I recommend and can personally vouch for coin.mx (my personal choice besides p2p exchanges) or, I suppose- coinbase.com.
But I'm not a big fan of regulation-heavy Coinbase.

Good luck, and hope this helps,
snarlpill

jimmy01 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:23:04 AM

You seem stuck in the past, my friend.

For reputable Bitcoin purchasing with a credit/debit card, I recommend coin.mx or, I suppose- Coinbase.com.

-snarlpill

Sorry bro, I am new, I'm still researching,studying and read all the post here to know more about bitcoin. I'm really interested. Thank you for the help bro, I hope one day I will understand all this  Smiley
gordoh

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:54:03 AM

I recommend Localbitcoins.com it is a good site. I could also sell you some if you want, pm me then we can maybe arrange something.
jimmy01 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:11:27 PM

I recommend Localbitcoins.com it is a good site. I could also sell you some if you want, pm me then we can maybe arrange something.

hmmmmmm I will tell if I buy bro, because my friend also offer me a bitcoin at very good price. I just PM you bro  Smiley thank you anyway.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:13:27 PM

https://bittylicious.com/

Now offers credit/debit card purchases in Euros. May be useful.
degold

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

If you want low amount from credit card, you can check CoinRnr.com

■██████ PB Mining  ⌂  0.0016 BTC / GHS ██████■
knightingale

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:57:58 PM

You seem to be stuck in the past, my friend. Both Mt. Gox and Liberty Reserve are long gone, and the consensus is actually that Mt. Gox turned out to be the Least reputable exchange.

For reputable Bitcoin purchasing with a credit/debit card, I recommend and can personally vouch for coin.mx (my personal choice besides p2p exchanges) or, I suppose- coinbase.com.

snarlpill

How fast can you get BTCs when you buy from coin.mx? Are they instant like virwox?
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 11:09:50 PM

snarlpill

How fast can you get BTCs when you buy from coin.mx? Are they instant like virwox?

Oh yes, once you get verified (not very hard, you can even take a quick video & send in) you are able to do Instant deposits from Credit/Debit card, and Instant purchases. No waiting 4 days for your coins if you don't have a Visa card like with Coinbase. 4 days in the 24/7 world of cryptocurrencies might as well be 4 weeks to me...  I have bought from coin.mx many times now, and have not encountered a single problem once. Their Support is great if you ever do have an issue or question, and they are nearly always online. Oh yeah- and U.S. based so that if you ever did get Goxx'd or something you would most likely be able to file legal recourse.
But anyways, I am not affiliated with them in anyway, but after so many smooth and fast transactions I have to vouch for them if I ever see anyone asking.

Hope this helps,
snarlpill

EDIT: Never personally dealt with Virwox so I cannot compare them, but I've heard good things.

knightingale

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:46:10 AM

snarlpill

Oh yes, once you get verified (not very hard, you can even take a quick video & send in) you are able to do Instant deposits from Credit/Debit card, and Instant purchases. No waiting 4 days for your coins if you don't have a Visa card like with Coinbase. 4 days in the 24/7 world of cryptocurrencies might as well be 4 weeks to me...  I have bought from coin.mx many times now, and have not encountered a single problem once. Their Support is great if you ever do have an issue or question, and they are nearly always online. Oh yeah- and U.S. based so that if you ever did get Goxx'd or something you would most likely be able to file legal recourse.
But anyways, I am not affiliated with them in anyway, but after so many smooth and fast transactions I have to vouch for them if I ever see anyone asking.

Hope this helps,
snarlpill

EDIT: Never personally dealt with Virwox so I cannot compare them, but I've heard good things.

Hi thanks man. Is there like a limit on how many BTCs you can buy per day instantly?
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:04:33 AM

in Indonesia, you can buy bitcoin to this address: https://vip.bitcoin.co.id/ref/aronnov; the rupiah currency bitcoin you can buy there, you can also exchange your bitcoin with the Indonesian rupiah, which offered more competitive prices, disbursement of funds to the Indonesian rupiah can be transferred to the leading banks in Indonesia ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
btcm4n14c

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:36:10 PM

i recommend u localbitcoins too
Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1249

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

https://www.virwox.com/?r=a47dd     :

Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1249

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

Those that suit you? it seems that's the only exchange accepting Paypal & Credit Card too
 http://www.bitcoincours.com/p/comment-acheter-des-bitcoins-facilement.html

toleng

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:05:28 AM

As of today you can use your credit card to buy bitcoin with circle (circle.com). You will need to verify your identity and using your credit card with them is generally considered a credit card cash advance so you would be paying interest on the transaction right away
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:08:17 AM

Coinbase is my fav way and if u dont have money in your bank account it will charge your cc and u get them instantly. But there is a fee. They currently accept visa only amd no debit cards
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:59:00 AM

Now Circle apparently allows CC purchases at near market price in real-time
I haven't tested this facility yet but worth a closer look

RickDick

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:43:56 PM

You could always do local Bitcoin exchanges, however remember to not use Paypal, since scammers will often try to charge back
sitco24

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:35:18 AM

virwox seems to be good  choice. You go to the virwox website buy linden dollar with paypal, then convert linden dollar to bitcoins. I have been using them for while now but they disable my account.
luvzcoinz

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:54:42 PM

have you tried http://www.buybitcoins.xyz ? they accept paypal and most major credit cards as forms of payment

best of luck!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: