Bitcoin Forum
August 06, 2024, 02:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Police - Your friend and helper  (Read 3165 times)
Bitcoin-Police (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin-Police - Your friend and helper

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:29:46 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 12:18:33 PM by Bitcoin-Police

Good day,

I have been on this forum since 2011. I have seen a lot of scam, manipulation, theft, bribary etc. etc. go down on this forum.
So I have decided to do something about it, I will be keeping an eye out for scammers and fakes on this forum. If you need help or have any information regarding a scam that is taking place or has taken place, don't hesitate to send me a pm! I only communicate on this forum.

Keep an eye on my post - Rather safe than sorry.

Over and out.

EDIT: Check my posts: Found five Scams in the last half an hour. Going for launch - will be back soon to find and destroy more scammers.

I will be keeping this forum clean from scammers!!
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 02:16:37 PM

It is not hard to find scams. Obvious shams are not prohibited on the forum, as enforcement and proof are impossible and the user will just pop up with another account if banned. The best you can do is post in the thread the clear evidence warning others away from involvement with the trader.
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:22:22 PM

Might want to start leaving negative feedback for these scams you bust then seeing as you haven't yet. Feedback is a big part of warning everyone else.
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:10:51 PM

Might want to start leaving negative feedback for these scams you bust then seeing as you haven't yet. Feedback is a big part of warning everyone else.

+ 1 Feedback is a great tool, the "police" should use it.

Btw OP, i think it's a great idea, some people can use that help to bust scammers
Bitcoin-Police (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:12:03 PM

Thanks guys for your constructive feedback. The problem is if I leave negative feedback with this account
it won't really count.

Balls

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

Thanks guys for your constructive feedback. The problem is if I leave negative feedback with this account
it won't really count.

It still counts because people will see it and make their own mind up, but if you do a good job someone will likely put you on the default trust then all your feedbacks will 'count'. If someone views a scammer account and sees no negative feedback left there's a good chance they'll go on to scam, but if feedback is there potential victims may investigate further and decided against dealing with the user.
Bitcoin-Police (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:30:43 PM

it won't really count.

It still counts because people will see it and make their own mind up, but if you do a good job someone will likely put you on the default trust then all your feedbacks will 'count'. If someone views a scammer account and sees no negative feedback left there's a good chance they'll go on to scam, but if feedback is there potential victims may investigate further and decided against dealing with the user.

Ok thanks a lot. I will however only give the users negative feedback if they have a SCAM-POTENTIAL > 90%.

Balls

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:05:04 PM

it won't really count.

Ok thanks a lot. I will however only give the users negative feedback if they have a SCAM-POTENTIAL > 90%.

But how will you calculate the 90%?  Grin I think it's obvious with most scams as it's blatant, but you can also usually tell when it's very likely to be a scam and that justifies a warning feedback at least until they prove otherwise.
btx.chn

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:00:40 AM

Bitcoin - Police is scam

SCAM POTENTAL 50%
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:19:52 AM

How will you understand is it a 40 or 90 % scam ?

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:19:07 PM

Judging a scam can be subjective the law is really tricky.  I think roger ver has the best idea with the bitcoinbountyhunter -  this will mean the richest people make the law and the best skilled hunters will serve the rich but at least its honest since that is what happens anyway.  Its very anarcho capitalist.  
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:42:27 PM

Interesting that OP has received 9 negative trusts (7 accounts with negative score, 2 accounts with 0 post and are probably nuked) within just a day.
From that point of view, OP is hated by the scammers, and I guess that sort of indicates OP has a great start for exposing scams.
Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:56:10 PM

Bitcoin - Police is scam

SCAM POTENTAL 50%

Lol. that would be ironic if it did happen. Hope Bitcoin Police isn't trying to pull a long con.

Interesting that OP has received 9 negative trusts (7 accounts with negative score, 2 accounts with 0 post and are probably nuked) within just a day.
From that point of view, OP is hated by the scammers, and I guess that sort of indicates OP has a great start for exposing scams.

Well anyone who goes out of their way to call users whether scammers or not out is going to get some hate and retaliatory feedback. I did see he called one person out as a scammer when it turned out he wasn't, so he needs to be careful.

catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:00:30 PM

There are already people that look for scams. You might want search and join them.

And you being newbie won't add much credibility to your accusations
Balls

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:04:30 PM

There are already people that look for scams. You might want search and join them.

And you being newbie won't add much credibility to your accusations

Not at first but start as you mean to go on. If he's doing a good job calling out scammers someone will likely put him on the trust list at some point.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:17:06 PM

Hi Bitcoin Police, can you investigate teh Laxo Trade incident? whoever is behind that is spamming the blockchain like crazy.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:00:57 PM

man, start in the altcoin section first ...  Roll Eyes

Balls

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:09:02 PM

Hi Bitcoin Police, can you investigate teh Laxo Trade incident? whoever is behind that is spamming the blockchain like crazy.

What does he need to investigate? It was Laxotrade. Case solved  Grin.

man, start in the altcoin section first ...  Roll Eyes

That would be a full time job in itself  Cheesy. I feel for the mods here I really do.
(Lithium)

Activity: 367

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:12:23 PM

maybe you wanna start with the signature campaigns that refuse to do escrow, and sometimes open self moderated topics
ziiiggy

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:12:19 PM

Bitcoin Police is a fake!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: