Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:11:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 5826 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:22:54 AM

Where should will make this tape paperchip?

Tape it where paperclip is stable in the slots.  Chances are one going from top to bottom over it to hold it.  Then i like to go around it once holding it onto the plastic.

I just use electrical tape for it, and works very good.
ToQcHista

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:32:20 AM

Tape it where paperclip is stable in the slots.  Chances are one going from top to bottom over it to hold it.  Then i like to go around it once holding it onto the plastic.

This tape will make paperchip top arround ?

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:22:59 AM

The main thing is making sure I'm calling it top but it might be considered top.   You will want to put a piece of tape on the very front of paperclip and take it where its stuck and cant move away from connecter and lose contact. 

Then Like I said I normally go around take holding it once making sure it's connected to plastic connector.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:53:25 AM

Tape it where paperclip is stable in the slots.  Chances are one going from top to bottom over it to hold it.  Then i like to go around it once holding it onto the plastic.

The main thing is making sure I'm calling it top but it might be considered top.   You will want to put a piece of tape on the very front of paperclip and take it where its stuck and cant move away from connecter and lose contact.  

Then Like I said I normally go around take holding it once making sure it's connected to plastic connector.

this correct ?  >

http://www.picz.ge/img/s4/1504/6/e/eac15dcee8cd.png

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:56:36 AM

Tape it where paperclip is stable in the slots.  Chances are one going from top to bottom over it to hold it.  Then i like to go around it once holding it onto the plastic.

The main thing is making sure I'm calling it top but it might be considered top.   You will want to put a piece of tape on the very front of paperclip and take it where its stuck and cant move away from connecter and lose contact.  

this correct ?  >

Yep you got it!  Exactly you will want to tape from front end with the circle were it's pulled against motherboard cord.   

You don't have to do a ton, if you don't move the psu much paperclip should not move around  much.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:59:58 AM

this correct ?  >

Yep you got it!  Exactly you will want to tape from front end with the circle were it's pulled against motherboard cord.  

You don't have to do a ton, if you don't move the psu much paperclip should not move around  much.

similar ? >

http://api.ning.com/files/jbaar29oQX4Upo4NPFOzCrw99JDttJpPfIQRK*JEq6YvpDPVnmqhOEx7mnaOqjn0oCK8dp-sPs9Keuj6JEMUsuoIwl8rnvFz/PSuwithPaperClip1.png

ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:16:48 AM

if this will make similar >
?

http://www.digital-coins.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/psu_paperclip_taped.jpg

toptekk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 04:28:03 PM by toptekk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB2F9LY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   or  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K38IKRY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are safer  if you don't mind spending that little bit more and there is no way i saw you can plug it in wrong unless you force plug it in. but using a paper clip is acceptable and ok . some of the high end PSU even come with a jumper and Corsair even tells you on there site how to test one and with a video some place,I can't find it atm .using a wire . just cover up that Bear clip or wire or you might short out the PSU moving it around or turn it off before you move it.

Cool My Machine doesn?t start up when I hit the power button, is the PSU faulty?

Disconnect everything from your PSU except for one single fan that should be connected directly to one of the Molex connectors. Then, get a small piece of wire, paper clip, or suitable object and short the green pin and a black pin on the 24-pin connector on the power supply. The voltage present is a very low signaling voltage so no worries of being shocked. Your PSUs fan should spin along with the fan you have connected to it. If this is the case, your PSU may not be receiving the power on signal from your motherboard and you should consider other causes of the problem you?re having.
Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:27:35 AM

Well i was running my miners off a PSU which was jumped from a paperclip, are these safe for long term use? I went ahead and have already ordered antminer jumpers as I have had a couple of PSU problems and don't want to run into them again but i was just trying to rule out that an issue could have been using paperclips for about a week straight.

I had quite a few antminers running with no issue at all with the PSU's shorted with a paper clip.   I ran them 6+ months.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:32:32 AM

Well i was running my miners off a PSU which was jumped from a paperclip, are these safe for long term use? I went ahead and have already ordered antminer jumpers as I have had a couple of PSU problems and don't want to run into them again but i was just trying to rule out that an issue could have been using paperclips for about a week straight.

I had quite a few antminers running with no issue at all with the PSU's shorted with a paper clip.   I ran them 6+ months.

Yes it is very little electricity being used when doing it.  I have done it many times without issue.   In this case I suggest OP  get a switch.

Just with questions still being asked in other threads about it I think a switch or two for him is a good investment.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:18:09 PM

Have had my PSU's paper clipped and taped for the last year with no problems
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:45:31 PM

Normally I would agree but OP has 2 threads and 6 pages currently about paperclip's on motherboard.

I think some things have been lost in translation and OP is better of with a switch to be safe.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:15:50 PM

Normally I would agree but OP has 2 threads and 6 pages currently about paperclip's on motherboard.

I think some things have been lost in translation and OP is better of with a switch to be safe.
I think you're confusing me with ToQ I am OP in this thread and I bought switches this was an old thread where I was just making sure about the safety of them as I had a psu explode no load, I now know it had nothing to do with the jumper. A paperclip is totally fine but ToQ should invest in a switch since he is very concerned about it.

Sorry about that I didn't see that.  I assumed ToQ was OP with amount of questions.  But it appears I was wrong.  Yea you will be fine with paperclip Smiley.

ToQ I still highly suggest a switch for as it seems a lot is lost in translation.  And it's nothing against him I just think it's safer option for him.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:06:48 AM

i don't switch.

i want will use similar paperclip or itself paperclip

ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:11:48 AM

your will see this photo .
i think that this paperclip is protected .

it has small color shield.

http://www.picz.ge/img/s2/1504/9/0/01aa456591c8.jpg

http://www.picz.ge/img/s4/1504/9/2/234e3109a44f.jpg

http://www.picz.ge/img/s2/1504/9/e/e0e86f7e1ca6.jpg

http://www.picz.ge/img/s2/1504/9/2/2401452895d4.jpg

http://www.picz.ge/img/s4/1504/9/a/a4a1ab257530.jpg

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:24:42 PM

With these you will have to make sure to get the plastic off so it can make contact on the ends.  If you leave the paperclip like that it will not be able to make a connection.

Personally I strip the plastic off and use electrical tape to keep where paperclip does not get loose.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:34:13 PM

With these you will have to make sure to get the plastic off so it can make contact on the ends.  If you leave the paperclip like that it will not be able to make a connection.

Personally I strip the plastic off and use electrical tape to keep where paperclip does not get loose.

i don;t undestood. Sad
it plastic what i see you , it plastic will not be able to make a connection ?

this plastic is not good idea ?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:39:46 PM

i don;t undestood. Sad
it plastic what i see you , it plastic will not be able to make a connection ?

this plastic is not good idea ?

It's a VERY small amount of electricity used.  If you stick a paperclip with plastic coating and coating is touching metal in motherboard clip, it will not make a connection.  It has to be stripped of coating at least on ends to get connection in the two holes.

Have you though about just using a switch at this point?  It is not meant to be mean It's just you find questions after questions and seem still worried. 
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 12:44:04 PM

i will use usual paperclip without plastic coating.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:47:17 PM

i will use usual paperclip without plastic coating.

That is a bettter idea.  You know your getting contact with it  if someone is very specific they can cut one out with plastic on, but it will make the job much harder then it has to be.

Paperclip trick, and electrical tape holding it in place has always worked for me.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: