Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 5829 times)
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

Well, I guess they only need to establish an electric conductivity and support a couple of tiny mA, right? I don't see why a paper clip shouldn't do the trick or even damage your PSU! Then again, be warned, I'm no electrician or anything!

Yes it is very small thats why a paperclip is commonly used.  If put in wrong spot is the thing you have to make sure not to do.
Hey, is it OK if i use a paperclip but put it in the wrong spot?

No, if you use paperclip in wrong spots it could be bad.  You are dealing with electricity.
What if I want I don't want to put it in the right spot?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:21:55 PM

Well, I guess they only need to establish an electric conductivity and support a couple of tiny mA, right? I don't see why a paper clip shouldn't do the trick or even damage your PSU! Then again, be warned, I'm no electrician or anything!

Yes it is very small thats why a paperclip is commonly used.  If put in wrong spot is the thing you have to make sure not to do.

No, if you use paperclip in wrong spots it could be bad.  You are dealing with electricity.

Then you could be dealing with more current.  Could possibly hurt yourself or psu.  The proper spots are important.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:47:54 AM

Then you could be dealing with more current.  Could possibly hurt yourself or psu.  The proper spots are important.

Uh... I think he's trying to be silly notlist3d.  Cheesy
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:11:49 PM

Uh... I think he's trying to be silly notlist3d.  Cheesy

I have a feeling so to.  Just  incase now he can't say i didnt warn him Smiley
ToQcHista

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:48:39 PM

hi guys Cheesy

what advice me , what choos paperchip if other some ?

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 09:59:00 PM

hi guys Cheesy

Any paper clip that is metal will work.  just make sure to put it in right hole.  Also I like to electric tap it so it can not fall out.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:01:47 AM

hi guys Cheesy

Any paper clip that is metal will work.  just make sure to put it in right hole.  Also I like to electric tap it so it can not fall out.

If all this is do, don't will hot paperchip or cables or PSU or s3 ?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:08:04 AM

Paperclips work fine....had one on my KNC Jupiter 550gh for 14 months no issue....

did switch to this however they work well currently using 3 ...they look cool also (ebay link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ANTMINER-PSU-SWITCH-FOR-BITCOIN-MINERS-COMPUTER-WORKBENCHES-/291353649148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d607dffc

well worth the 4 bucks and shipping imho....look cool in the pics too boot....my setup below

the rest of my setup is in the link below if anyone cares....

http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

wish everything worked as well as a  paperclip or the above psu switch with mining...I'd be thrilled ......in reality not so much. Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:16:52 AM

Paperclips work fine....had one on my KNC Jupiter 550gh for 14 months no issue....

did switch to this however they work well currently using 3 ...they look cool also (ebay link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ANTMINER-PSU-SWITCH-FOR-BITCOIN-MINERS-COMPUTER-WORKBENCHES-/291353649148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d607dffc

well worth the 4 bucks and shipping imho....look cool in the pics too boot....my setup below

wish everything worked as well as a  paperclip or the above psu switch with mining...I'd be thrilled ......in reality not so much. Smiley

Why resigning mining your?

ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:21:04 AM

good is > http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ANTMINER-PSU-SWITCH-FOR-BITCOIN-MINERS-COMPUTER-WORKBENCHES-/291353649148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d607dffc

but my PIN if is 20, what do i ?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:38:03 AM

If you mean from my link the KNC 550gh Jupiter underneath on the shelves..yeah that is 'retired' it made me 50 BTC a touch over that.......so it can have the greener
pastures of a 'paper weight' or holding the table down now....heh.....I'd maybe get $100 usd out of it ...so ...WTH....a 'memento'.....

Home mining is dead ....too bad with the setup I have now in the basement I would continue..but unless something breaks for a new home miner in bitcoin or srypt coin
 it is unlikely....bitcoin miners are likely too big and such for my 100 amp service and there are NO as far as I know ...data hall or home miner or any other versions of any kind ....for asic scrypt/pow coinminers anyway in the works for equipment......so unless something is designed and comes down the pike (prob take 6 months to have something like this hit the consumer of any kind) it has gone the way of home GPU miners in milk crates....so running the last of these  KNC no ROI  no REFUND Titan units to 'doorstop' status...

But again (back on topic) the switches are slick and cute and work well vs the paper clip (which always annoyed me ...back in the day.....they sent me a KNC 550gh Jupiter for $7,131.80 usd on Oct 18th 2013 and a xerox on how to use the paper clip to start the psu's ......I was stunned...

I plug'd it in turned away and cringed...was amazed it worked I expected it to 'fry' my Jupiter....never before heard of such a thing.....always bugged me
..this switch ...is A LOT slicker imho

so it goes....too bad but the price of miners vs electricity vs what the put out now....at 12c kwh I can't even justify one at 'some' loss of $$$ as a 'toy'...maybe
someday ..but it is looking more and more unlikely as time passes and difficulty goes up

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:41:15 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 01:03:18 AM by Searing

well this link below in the description says 20/24 pin....so supposedly a way to do this  here is the link to the other auction with that info in description

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-ATX-PSU-Switch-Power-PSU-without-a-Motherboard-20-4-Pin-Connector-/221681075535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339d38c54f

also found this on how to put a 20 pin into a 24 pin motherboard...anyway others on here should be able to help with this ...anybody?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-ATX-PSU-Switch-Power-PSU-without-a-Motherboard-20-4-Pin-Connector-/221681075535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339d38c54f

anyway there is a way to get it to work ...If no answer is forthcoming.....you could try the switch the above way on an old unused PSU...see if it works?

anyway...anybody some feedback on above?

(been awhile I think that is how it works?)

Added:

I asked Dogie seems like the above is correct
he sent me a PM quoted below:

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Searing on: April 04, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »

You guys answered it yourselves, 20 pin is fine and just looks like your picture.

end quote...so I guess we are correct on the above picture.....

ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:43:52 AM

yes, thanks . good thing.

this better > http://www.amazon.com/AntMiner-Supply-Jumper-Switch-Bitcoin/dp/B00OJNBWKG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428131908&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=NEW+ANTMINER+PSU+SWITCH+FOR+BITCOIN+MINERS+%26+COMPUTER+WORKBENCHES

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:50:58 AM

yeah they are all the same product the switch instead of the paper clip above I mean ...whatever gets you the best price and how to use it I guess...anyway
i'm a sucker for cute LCD lights and 'whirly' noises of the fans on doing this home mining...gonna miss it......I'd also get these for your miners mine are 220v versions
they have already saved my equip 2x..you can also see them on my imgur site with my Titan miners at http://lostgonzo.imgur.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-EURO-4-International-Protector/dp/B00006HZ4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428133737&sr=8-1&keywords=tripp+lite+euro

comes with the cord from the surge protector to the miner unit with standard plug ..if at 220v you have to get the plug for your preferred 220v wall socket you need as an extra cord

these also come at 120v for those miners....that is the only other real thing that is very worthwhile..I know off topic from the switch but it really saved my
butt on a bad storm with big brown outs and surges......actually 2x they have saved my ass...anyway again switch is cool.......paper clip is fine also. Smiley

ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:54:14 AM

and i that will use paperchip , no problem ?

ever will buy , this > http://www.amazon.com/AntMiner-Supply-Jumper-Switch-Bitcoin/dp/B00OJNBWKG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428131908&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=NEW+ANTMINER+PSU+SWITCH+FOR+BITCOIN+MINERS+%26+COMPUTER+WORKBENCHES

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:06:03 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 08:34:07 AM by Searing

deleted my msg...not sure how it will work on a 20 pin ....someone has to know.....at worse get the switch and try it on a crappy PSU or go to a local computer shop
and see if they have an idea.....it is so obvious...i can't find an answer heh.....i used to know this but it has been years and what works on a mother board may not work
on the psu as a  switch

if i can FIND my crappy PSU around here i will try it ....but no idea where it is..even thou i have a spare switch since i retired the knc 550gh jupiter miner

Yes it is very small thats why a paperclip is commonly used.  If put in wrong spot is the thing you have to make sure not to do.

that would be very bad....imho...just saying.......when in doubt on switches etc just use the paper clip method

I assume you mean the knc 550gh jupiter bitcoin miner on the bottom shelf it is retired...doubt home miners are gonna come back the knc titan scrypt miners above are the last i fear

hugs1BTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:27:16 PM

In my opinion, it's better to use a small piece of isolated wire, better for your PSU and your safety.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

In my opinion, it's better to use a small piece of isolated wire, better for your PSU and your safety.

i will use this tape for safety ?  >

http://www.ajaxco.com/images/product/6/0/Electro-Tape-60-Electrical-Tape-34x.jpg.ashx?width=200&height=200

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:04:27 PM

i will use this tape for safety ?  >

http://www.ajaxco.com/images/product/6/0/Electro-Tape-60-Electrical-Tape-34x.jpg.ashx?width=200&height=200

If you put the paperclip in the right holes it should not get hot or carry much electricity.

The tape is really to keep the paperclip in place.  Yes electrical tape works perfect for that.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:00:49 AM

Where should will make this tape paperchip?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: