Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Butterfly Labs - Shut Down by US Government  (Read 7692 times)
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:43:03 AM

Latest update on the BFL homepage:

"BF Labs, Inc. has been placed in a temporary receivership pursuant to court order, Case No. 4:14-cv-00815-BCW. There will be a hearing on September 29, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at the Charles Evans Whittaker Courthouse in Kansas City, Missouri. At the hearing, the court will consider this matter. Questions may be directed to the temporary receiver at: eljreceiver@spencerfane.com or 816-292-8316."

Please people, this aint over "till the fat lady sings"; contact the receiver and explain your position in this!

(My story is something like: ordered in jan. expected delivery in march/april, due to BFL's non-delivery I missed this much BTC income by the time BFL refunded me [after another 45 day wait] in august and I finally could divert that investment to another producer [Antminer] who did deliver in two weeks, in the mean time BFL banned me permanently off the forum so I could not communicate properly with either them or other customers.)

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:48:34 AM

Latest update on the BFL homepage:

"BF Labs, Inc. has been placed in a temporary receivership pursuant to court order, Case No. 4:14-cv-00815-BCW. There will be a hearing on September 29, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at the Charles Evans Whittaker Courthouse in Kansas City, Missouri. At the hearing, the court will consider this matter. Questions may be directed to the temporary receiver at: eljreceiver@spencerfane.com or 816-292-8316."

Please people, this aint over "till the fat lady sings"; contact the receiver and explain your position in this!

(My story is something like: ordered in jan. expected delivery in march/april, due to BFL's non-delivery I missed this much BTC income by the time BFL refunded me [after another 45 day wait] in august and I finally could divert that investment to another producer [Antminer] who did deliver in two weeks, in the mean time BFL banned me permanently off the forum so I could not communicate properly with either them or other customers.)

forums are still up on bfl (shout box is down) someone should ask to get all us folk that were banned for stating BFL was ripping us off back on there (heh) Smiley

I ordered a Jally (1st order) which I kept rather then convert to gh hashing (worked out $$ wise that way with refund) lost 1/2 of it in sale on ebay....but figure that others
need that $190 or so bucks out of bfl more then I do ..i got the bulk back $8.5k usd from monarch(s) non delivery on my 65mm deluded upgrade to monarch in aug 2013
refunded the 8.5k this last june 2014...

so will not bother with this $190 usd real loss....other folks need it more then me out of BFL

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:51:21 AM

[...]I ordered a Jally (1st order) which I kept rather then convert to gh hashing (worked out $$ wise that way with refund) lost 1/2 of it in sale on ebay....but figure that others
need that 190 or so bucks out of bfl more then I do ..i got the bulk back $8.5k usd from monarch(s) non delivery on my 65mm deluded upgrade in aug 2013

so will not bother with this 190 usd real loss....other folks need it more then me out of BFL

But what about the loss of hashing time/BTC income you missed out on because of BFL not delivering your $8.5k usd order of monarch(s) on (reasonable) time?!?

That surely is (a lot) more than $190 usd...?

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:56:27 AM

[...]I ordered a Jally (1st order) which I kept rather then convert to gh hashing (worked out $$ wise that way with refund) lost 1/2 of it in sale on ebay....but figure that others
need that 190 or so bucks out of bfl more then I do ..i got the bulk back $8.5k usd from monarch(s) non delivery on my 65mm deluded upgrade in aug 2013

so will not bother with this 190 usd real loss....other folks need it more then me out of BFL

But what about the loss of hashing time/BTC income you missed out on because of BFL not delivering your $8.5k usd order of monarch(s) on (reasonable) time?!?

That surely is (a lot) more than $190 usd...?

good point...but it is unlikely the FTC will go into that speculative can of worms..but by all means feel free ...if I am in error on this would be a boon for us who
did not get miners ..(in my case 65mm that I eventually ugraded to monarchs was told april 12th 2013 orders I would get the units in may 2014...got the 1 jally
rather then convert that itty bitty to GH farm (wanted out) on halloween 2014...so yeah I'd likely have something like 400 or so btc from 210 gh I had on order
in april ....(i did get 1/2 of that back on last day of a paypal dispute the other half was the 8.5k ...i was a brave little newbie back in the day)

older/wiser

but def those going afte BFL make sure you tell about loss/stress/potential profit ...and if they are receptive to this for crying out loud let me know I will also
beat a path to their door

but I think it extemely unlikely anyone will get compensated for stuff they shoulda/coulda mined although it sets your case up nicely against and proving a bfl scam

wtf do I know I drank the kool aid from bfl at one time (hangs head in past newbie shame)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:47:33 AM

So is there a class action lawsuit yet?  'cause I want in on that shit.

I'd think that is now toast in that the trial date was tenatively set from what I remember for middle of jan 2016

just a guess but this will be wrapped up in a bow by then in my view

as for Josh nothing will happen to Josh he will just say he was misled and touting the company line as his job

The following might me some good news.

Recall that Josh Zerlan's name is not mentioned on FTC documents since he's not a principal. Thus, he can't refuse to testify come trial time and MUST take the stand.

"For the record, Mr. Zerlan, take us back to the day on ? when you looked out your office window and realized that BFL's office was located across the street in a housing project."

"Yes. So, there's this forum, and BFL was first introduced, then somebody claimed they were located in KC."

"Go on."

"Yes. Well, I was just a miner with a pool..."

"A bitcoin miner."

"Yes, that. And I mined on my pool..."

"Eclipse."

"Ahh-wooooooo!"

"I object!"

"Sustained. Mr. Zerlan, they'll be no howling in this courtroom. Proceed."

"Sorry, your Honor. Council said "Eclipse" and that excited me. Yes, Eclipse Mining Pool, or EMC for short."

"C equals Pool? You said EMC."

"Yes."

"But Eclipse Mining Pool does not equate to EMC. What gives?"

"Chewbacca."

"Order in the Court! May I remind the jury to refrain from laughing. Mr. Zerlan, please address the original question."

"Will the question please be re-asked?"

"I withdraw the question, your Honor. No further questions."

"DA, do you have any questions for the witness?"

"Damn tootin', your Honor. I'm goin' start by asking the same question, then proceed to Eclipse."

"Ahh-wooooooo!"
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:37:39 AM

Wow, I've been away a while and I come back to this.

I'm pretty glad that they've been shut down. Making so many people wait for so long whilst holding onto their money was pretty poor show. Treating them so badly whilst ripping them off was just too far.

I remember Josh behaving like it was the customers at fault for being impatient. Whilst I don't wish for him to be sexually assaulted, I do hope he takes a share of the responsibility that'll be handed out. He certainly deserves that.

My commiserations to the people who lost money to those criminals.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:42:46 AM

Wow, I've been away a while and I come back to this.

I'm pretty glad that they've been shut down. Making so many people wait for so long whilst holding onto their money was pretty poor show. Treating them so badly whilst ripping them off was just too far.

I remember Josh behaving like it was the customers at fault for being impatient. Whilst I don't wish for him to be sexually assaulted, I do hope he takes a share of the responsibility that'll be handed out. He certainly deserves that.

My commiserations to the people who lost money to those criminals.

Only a little until he has learned his lesson and probably beg like the customers pleading for refunds. Only in this case it falls on deaf ears until he just accepts it.

hehe all in good joke ofcoure  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: