Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: PAYPAL PARTNERS WITH BITPAY ET AL  (Read 5197 times)
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

Fuck yeah! And away we go! Cool

Damn i miss you, how have you been?

Working hard IRL. And was under an NDA due to me suing a bitcoin company. Lawyer said I should keep my mouth shut, but was busy all this summer anyway. I'm sorta back now.

Kinda cool that someone misses me.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:59:54 PM

This is great news i think they also have plans to go full BTC soon.... never go full BTC Grin
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:02:33 PM

Well this was a long wait, Bitcoin deserved some better news finally.
There is quite some resistance before we get back to $500 or $600.
The news is still fresh though. Are any other websites reporting about it? Links?
I think over the long term it will lead to higher prices (from higher adoption) however I would speculate it would lead to lower prices in the short term as paypal sells the bitcoin they receive from customers

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:07:25 PM

"To be clear, today’s news does not mean that PayPal has added Bitcoin as a currency in our digital wallet or that Bitcoin payments will be processed on our secure payments platform. PayPal has always embraced innovation, but always in ways that make payments safer and more reliable for our customers. Our approach to Bitcoin is no different. That’s why we’re proceeding gradually, supporting Bitcoin in some ways today and holding off on other ways until we see how things develop."

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Forward/PayPal-and-Virtual-Currency/ba-p/828230

I think this means they are going to add it with customer wallets soon
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:09:17 PM

Time to buy!
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:13:00 PM

Wow, this is effin' HUGE!
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:23:59 PM

Can i buy bitcoins with Paypal then or just if are a merchant? Someone Pm me answer So i see reply.
This was not addressed in the press release by PP, nor any of the articles posted by the media, but I would assume the answer would be no. The fact that PP transactions are reversible (and bitcoin transactions are effectively not) would open PP to too much risk. If someone was to scam someone and convert the funds into bitcin then PP would be left holding the bag.
cryptomad

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

Can i buy bitcoins with Paypal then or just if are a merchant? Someone Pm me answer So i see reply.
This was not addressed in the press release by PP, nor any of the articles posted by the media, but I would assume the answer would be no. The fact that PP transactions are reversible (and bitcoin transactions are effectively not) would open PP to too much risk. If someone was to scam someone and convert the funds into bitcin then PP would be left holding the bag.

Okay thanks for the information Smiley

Spend GCN at World of electronics Transfer files at www.gfile.us 10k free per transfer Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:25:39 AM

i think the point of this development is that it's good news AND it has positively affected the price.
redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:51:20 AM

Giant leaps of logic to assume PayPal is actually doing anything directly with Bitcoin as opposed to being on the sidelines. BitPay is still doing the processing.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Forward/PayPal-and-Virtual-Currency/ba-p/828230

To be clear, today’s news does not mean that PayPal has added Bitcoin as a currency in our digital wallet or that Bitcoin payments will be processed on our secure payments platform. PayPal has always embraced innovation, but always in ways that make payments safer and more reliable for our customers. Our approach to Bitcoin is no different. That’s why we’re proceeding gradually, supporting Bitcoin in some ways today and holding off on other ways until we see how things develop.
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:07:24 AM

Really good news for BTC. But what I concerned is that whether it will push buying activities more than selling in the long run. Or it is just for the speculators to buy in the rumors and sell on the news.

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

Buy on rumor, sell on the news.
Too late now. After the news came out, many people regretted they didn't buy before the news. Everyone knows this concept but rarely has courage to apply to real situation.
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:03:49 AM

its incredible to think how much growth and progress has been made this past year alone. almost difficult to imagine where bitcoin could be in another couple years.

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
Nirav l

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:21:08 AM

is there a timeline?
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:28:21 AM

This is a bit more solid from Paypal.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:36:21 AM

In future news: Bitpay buys PayPal.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:39:27 AM

Before 2025. Honestly though, I've seen a lot of Bitcoin companies come and go. I doubt BitPay will even be around in 11 years. But I don't doubt another bitcoin related company will buy out Paypal before 2025.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:43:31 AM

"To be clear, today’s news does not mean that PayPal has added Bitcoin as a currency in our digital wallet or that Bitcoin payments will be processed on our secure payments platform. PayPal has always embraced innovation, but always in ways that make payments safer and more reliable for our customers. Our approach to Bitcoin is no different. That’s why we’re proceeding gradually, supporting Bitcoin in some ways today and holding off on other ways until we see how things develop."

I think this means they are going to add it with customer wallets soon

It is just the first step. If it is successful, they will integrate more service.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:56:00 AM

Really good news for BTC. But what I concerned is that whether it will push buying activities more than selling in the long run. Or it is just for the speculators to buy in the rumors and sell on the news.

yes good news usually push price down
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:01:22 PM

Before 2025. Honestly though, I've seen a lot of Bitcoin companies come and go. I doubt BitPay will even be around in 11 years. But I don't doubt another bitcoin related company will buy out Paypal before 2025.

If Paypal adopts BTC and become a payment processor, it will become a much bigger company. It might buy Bitpay, instead of other way around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: