Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:06:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an ACTUAL working bitcoin app?  (Read 2195 times)
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:59:42 PM

Ffs, can ya just not leave it alone?

Who the feck gives anyone permission to mess with the actual bitcoin application? -No-one.

Where did half the bugs come from that were at one point non-existant? -Updates.

Since the latest release, I have never been able to sync, never mind spend my so called INSTANT crypto currency, why? Cause a bunch of idiots think lets change the blockchain, lets do this, lets do that, but do they EVER fix anything? -NO.

So why trust these so called 'volunteers' who mess with everyones crypto currencies? - We dont.

Since the latest version, it is now 8 weeks I have been unable to sync. I am in fact unable to do anything, for the application keeps crashing. So I try -r or -reindex, nope, FUCK ALL, always the same, go to check on it, and voila, no app running, despite making sure I started it.. now it just refuses to start.

So come on volunteer idiots, who says your updates are what we want?

We want the app to work, get it? We dont want numptie script kiddies adding their version of salt and pepper, only for the rest of us to find out the actually added FUCK ALL that benefit's ANYONE since version 1.

Fuckin idiots.

What, 10 years of updates, and no fuckin cancel payment button? But you did everything else no-one actually knows you did, you know, whatever it is that makes bitcoin work on your pc, and fuck everyone else?

I'm gettin really sick of bitcoin simply no longer working, period, I should have, if I did'nt already, point out that the death of bitcoin is already on the cards.. I mean if no-one can sync, HOW can they spend their money? They cant.

To the FUCKIN IDIOTS who cant stop messing with the application, get it fixed, or watch the blockchain suffer permanent damage.. Wink
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sanquin

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:44:36 PM

What, 10 years of updates, and no fuckin cancel payment button?

LOL, that made my day, thanks
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 06:56:56 PM

I'm gettin really sick of bitcoin simply no longer working, period, I should have, if I did'nt already, point out that the death of bitcoin is already on the cards..

You could be right: nobody knows if this experiment called Bitcoin will stand the test of time.

Regardless, if you're sick of bitcoin, my advice to you is: leave. (Please leave.)
MangoJ

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

BTCRaven.com Escrow & Advertising

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:40:40 PM

Who the feck....

Where did half the bugs come....
bunch of idiots....
 'volunteers' ....
 crashing...
FUCK ALL,...
volunteer idiots, ...
numptie script kiddies....
FUCK ALL

Fuckin idiots.
fuckin cancel payment button?
 fuck everyone else?

I'm gettin really sick

the death of bitcoin is already on the cards..

no-one can sync,

To the FUCKIN IDIOTS

Bitcoin works for most everyone.
I see a LOT of anger in your post.
The problem is not the bit coin app. 
It sync's just fine.
The problem is that you are too angry and pissed off to operate a computer correctly.
The result is that you cannot think or function clearly, and you create problems for yourself.

Chill out and have a beer or something.
You can do it.

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:36:51 PM

Angry that one he is.....  Grin
MangoJ

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:25:02 PM

Angry that one he is.....  Grin

Indeed sir.
My mother has the same problem. 
She cannot operate iTunes to figure out how to download the free U2 Album because she gets so frustrated over small things.
When people are clear minded, they can do it.

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:31:47 PM

Hmm.. not one, 'hey, I know of the badaloc bug, nah, bitcoin app syncs just fine', sorry to burst your bubble, but it has'nt synced in over 8 weeks, including several 'start again by downloading blockchain' crap.

Well, if your all so fuckin expert, answer what the bad alloc problem is then? What no answer?

You didnt think for a second I'd expect anyone here to answer without some bullshit hops we gotta jump through.. nah, as  said in my kill bitcoin thread, leave it to the dev's.. they'll ensure you:

A: cant use the origional bitcoin app or blockchain..

B: You gotta use a bitcoin app made for supercomputers that eat the planet, and make sure the blockchain is compressed for no other reason than it'll save an hour of downloading..

C: Figure out how to stop arseholes replying instead of those who know the ANSWER to the problem..

D: Seriously ddos the blockchain.. will this work?
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

Who the feck....

Where did half the bugs come....
bunch of idiots....
 'volunteers' ....
 crashing...
FUCK ALL,...
volunteer idiots, ...
numptie script kiddies....
FUCK ALL

Fuckin idiots.
fuckin cancel payment button?
 fuck everyone else?

I'm gettin really sick

the death of bitcoin is already on the cards..

no-one can sync,

To the FUCKIN IDIOTS

Bitcoin works for most everyone.
I see a LOT of anger in your post.
The problem is not the bit coin app. 
It sync's just fine.
The problem is that you are too angry and pissed off to operate a computer correctly.
The result is that you cannot think or function clearly, and you create problems for yourself.

Chill out and have a beer or something.
You can do it.

Put that beer on your head, while I blindfold myself before takin a random guess at where the bullet will end up..
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:32:19 PM

this ma be sad but i can see his point. the bitcoin core guys need a boot in the balls. i hate the fact every time i want to receive coins it gives me a new address.

as for you problem id go into you bitcoin file where the block chain is and delete a file called peers. this should sort out you problem

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:46:54 AM

C: Figure out how to stop arseholes replying instead of those who know the ANSWER to the problem..

Kind of hard, you didn't even tell us your OS? Anything interesting in debug.log?

[...] i hate the fact every time i want to receive coins it gives me a new address. [...]

There's a tick box (at least in 0.9.2.1) that lets you reuse an existing address. You also can copy any address from File -> Receiving addresses.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
mailmansDOGE

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:48:37 AM

What, 10 years of updates, and no fuckin cancel payment button?

Ant this comes from a full member account. Either this is a troll or someone brain dead.
MangoJ

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 05:17:01 AM

this ma be sad but i can see his point. the bitcoin core guys need a boot in the balls. i hate the fact every time i want to receive coins it gives me a new address.

as for you problem id go into you bitcoin file where the block chain is and delete a file called peers. this should sort out you problem

OP is just trolling.

Why are you sad?  You do not need a new address every time you want to receive coins.
You can literally re-use the last address you used to receive coins.  Why would you think otherwise?

MangoJ

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 05:21:13 AM

Hmm.. not one, 'hey, I know of the badaloc bug, nah, bitcoin app syncs just fine', sorry to burst your bubble, but it has'nt synced in over 8 weeks, including several 'start again by downloading blockchain' crap.

Well, if your all so fuckin expert, answer what the bad alloc problem is then? What no answer?

You didnt think for a second I'd expect anyone here to answer without some bullshit hops we gotta jump through.. nah, as  said in my kill bitcoin thread, leave it to the dev's.. they'll ensure you:

B: You gotta use a bitcoin app made for supercomputers that eat the planet, and make sure the blockchain is compressed for no other reason than it'll save an hour of downloading..

I know you are just a bit coin hater troll, but I will reply anyway just for fun.

I have already given you the answer.  There is no problem with bit coin, the problem is user error.  You sir are the problem.

A:  Wrong.  You CAN use the original bitcoin app or block chain.
B: Wrong,  the bitcoin app works on cheap low end PC computers.  Not just Macs.
C:  We know you are not seriously asking a real question.  Bitcoin is less than 10 years old.  So when you troll, you get trolled back.
D:  DDOS will not work on a peer-to-peer system.  DDOS is also illegal.  DDOS is also outdated and not effective on any single server with a Comcast ISP (and others that ignore such lame flood attacks)

Anything else we can help you with?

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 09:29:59 AM

Wow.. so many problems created by flaming trolls..

The app wont sync, period. Tried and tested on 3 computers. Get ready, for there IS a way to defeat bitcoin.

It's funny how google shows more results over the bad allocation of whatever.. something to do with blockchain. Never happened until latest version was installed, meaning problem can be found in latest version. Cunt is, that even after un-installing that version and going to a previous version, same problem.

I'm fed up starting again to find it wont make a difference, I'm fed up downloading some shitty blockchain required before I can spend what I earned, I'm fed up of people messing with the app when there was NEVER anything needing fixed, or bitcoin would have been hacked by now.

Logs, fuck logs, am not the only person to have seen this, and the people who re-write the app KNOW this.

As do those who know how many weeks it may take just to bring wallet up to date, it's more than a farce, it's like handing out paper money before the tree's were chopped down to create it...

I want to spend my bitcoins today, not next fuckin year.

Is there anger in my writings? GOOD.

You think I need a beer? STOP telling me I do and buy me one.

You think I need anger management? Fix the fuckin app, that will work.

What the FUCK is bad:alloc?

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:19:43 AM

I know you are just a bit coin hater troll, but I will reply anyway just for fun.

I have already given you the answer.  There is no problem with bit coin, the problem is user error.  You sir are the problem.

A:  Wrong.  You CAN use the original bitcoin app or block chain.
B: Wrong,  the bitcoin app works on cheap low end PC computers.  Not just Macs.
C:  We know you are not seriously asking a real question.  Bitcoin is less than 10 years old.  So when you troll, you get trolled back.
D:  DDOS will not work on a peer-to-peer system.  DDOS is also illegal.  DDOS is also outdated and not effective on any single server with a Comcast ISP (and others that ignore such lame flood attacks)

Anything else we can help you with?

Yeah, put a picture of your girlfriend as your avatar in stead of someone else's.. ya fuckin weirdo.. I'd have ya for stalkin
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:26:26 PM

I'm using bitcoin core, and it's working for me. Something is wrong with your setup, your network, your computer, your internet connection or something.

What OS are you on?

Here's some info from mine on Windows 7 64 bit. I'm on a 3 mbps DSL home connection, in a third-world country. We get typhoons a lot and my roof is leaking, but my internet and my bitcoin core seems to be working fine.

I'm using a laptop too, so that's not exactly a supercomputer. (And if I may mention, it's full drive encrypted and I'm on a regular platter hard drive, not SSD.)

getinfo

{
"version" : 90201,
"protocolversion" : 70002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 32124.11090367,
"blocks" : 322351,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 835,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 29829733124.04041700,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1364136185,
"keypoolsize" : 46,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""
}

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:46:39 PM

Well, I'm on xp sp3, (stayin on it) 50mb cable connection.. - The problem, which I should have stated to start with instead of gettin rid o lamer answers lol, is that since installing latest version, I have been unable to access the app.

It started at first with bad:alloc HuhHuh I tried the usual fix's, including starting blockchain again, then adding wallet after blockchain completed, which worked, kinda.. the app quit once i got my last payment, and I have been unable to get passed the bad:alloc problem.

So uninstalled latest and re-installed previous version, same bad:alloc, so decided to start afresh, re-downloaded blockchain, let it complete, then added wallet, to no avail, only this time, I tried the -r flag, to rebuild the index, and when I tried that, it killed the app, and now the app just wont start period, I got no virus's/malware etc...

Seems everytime a new version is released, the problems increase.. and dont be listening to folks who dont know how to build a major system designed for mega sound recording usage, meaning, my pc is fine..

A copy of the last log only shows the latest after the -r flag, so I cant re-produce the bad:alloc, which I presume is a bad allocation of whatever part of the blockchain?

And thanks for the effort Wink

Log:

file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/476
Commonly caused by moving a database from one database environment
to another without clearing the database LSNs, or by removing all of
the log files from a database environment
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/6100
Database environment corrupt; the wrong log files may have been removed or incompatible database files imported from another environment
PANIC: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
wallet.dat: unable to flush page: 7
PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
wallet.dat: write failed for page 265
wallet.dat: unable to flush page: 265
wallet.dat: write failed for page 267
wallet.dat: unable to flush page: 267
txn_checkpoint: failed to flush the buffer cache: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
File handles still open at environment close
Open file handle: C:\Documents and Settings\-----\Application Data\Bitcoin\wallet.dat
Open file handle: C:\Documents and Settings\-----\Application Data\Bitcoin\database\log.0000000001
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/6727
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/6727
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/6727
Database environment corrupt; the wrong log files may have been removed or incompatible database files imported from another environment
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/7354
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/7354
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/7354
Open file handle: C:\Documents and Settings\-----\Application Data\Bitcoin\database\log.0000000001
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/7981
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/7981
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/7981
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/8608
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/8608
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/9235
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/9235
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/9862
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/9862
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/10489
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/10489
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/10489
file wallet.dat has LSN 1/11488, past end of log at 1/11116
DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 1/11488 past current end-of-log of 1/11116
Database handles still open at environment close
Open database handle: wallet.dat/main
Database handles still open at environment close
Open database handle: wallet.dat/main

Running recovery does nothing if the app wont start..

And my db is in the same place it always has been, installed dir..
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

Oh, we are getting somewhere.

If your hard drive supports SMART (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitoring,_Analysis,_and_Reporting_Technology), you could try and run a tool like http://www.hdtune.com/ (there are others). Might be a hard drive problem. How old is it?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

If your hard drive supports SMART (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-Monitoring,_Analysis,_and_Reporting_Technology), you could try and run a tool like http://www.hdtune.com/ (there are others). Might be a hard drive problem. How old is it?

Hard disk is fine, runnin 6 of 12 x 500gig seagate pipeline hd 2's.. and several of my audio apps wont work if there was an hd error..
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 03:20:30 PM

Another possibility is a DRAM memory problem. Memtest86+ can help to rule this out (or in): http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Also, just FYI, because Bitcoin Core can be both disk and memory intensive at times, it wouldn't be surprising if it were the only app that was having problems. In other words, there might be a hardware problem even if all of your other apps are running just fine.

No guarantees it's a hardware problem, but it's definitely a good thing to check for.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: