News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Community interest for TECH?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 193,082+ | 300K Total |June 24th, 2014{05:06:55}  (Read 62863 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:08:58 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2014, 04:21:48 PM by cecilbdemented

Wallet Update v1.2 - WebKit Integration

v1.2 WebKit wallet for Windows now available for download!  This first version replaces the text-based block explorer with the cryptoID block explorer.  The WebKit integration will be the basis for many new features coming in 2015!  Currently we only have a Windows release available for download.  We are working on a Mac version and hope to have it available by the end of the week.

The exe file must be run from the folder with the dll files or it will not work.  In the future we will have an installer making this process much neater and user-friendly.

^   Link   ^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:45:49 PM

Good Morning Tech Community.

We have yet to be contacted by the winner of our last drawing - Tech Address TW3aoVEg9pQ56YBcaBCYxJMRAu4CPpPDFW

If we are not contacted by this evening, I think we will roll the approx. 750 TECH from the last drawing into a lottery that will be drawn next Tuesday as there are 5 Tuesdays in December. 

This is just a suggestion at this point, but I would like your input.

Also, I would like to still broadcast tonight, but would like for others to join me in conversation. What time works for you all? For me, it has to be after 8 pm CST.

evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:00:09 PM

great job on the wallet! so, next we get incentives.tech-co.in in wallet Grin
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:20:43 PM

I am getting the following error when I try to build the wallet under ubuntu. I am using the linux .pro file. I'm probably missing a dependency, but I can't figure out what it is. Any clues?

Code:
blockbrowser.cpp:(.text._ZN15Ui_BlockBrowser7setupUiEP7QWidget[_ZN15Ui_BlockBrowser7setupUiEP7QWidget]+0x19d3): undefined reference to `QWebView::setUrl(QUrl const&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [techcoin-qt] Error 1
cecilbdemented

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:28:40 PM

I am getting the following error when I try to build the wallet under ubuntu. I am using the linux .pro file. I'm probably missing a dependency, but I can't figure out what it is. Any clues?

Code:
blockbrowser.cpp:(.text._ZN15Ui_BlockBrowser7setupUiEP7QWidget[_ZN15Ui_BlockBrowser7setupUiEP7QWidget]+0x19d3): undefined reference to `QWebView::setUrl(QUrl const&)'

I have not yet gotten around to updating the Linux pro file or the Linux documentation.

You will need to add "QT += webkit" to the pro file.

You also may need to install QtWebKit (apt-get install libqt5webkit5-dev)

Hope this helps.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:34:33 PM

Code:

I have not yet gotten around to updating the Linux pro file or the Linux documentation.

Hope this helps.
Where in the .pro file do I add that? I do have QTWebKit already. Just put it on a line by itself, or does it need to be in a specific place?
cecilbdemented

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:47:56 PM

Code:

Hope this helps.
Where in the .pro file do I add that? I do have QTWebKit already. Just put it on a line by itself, or does it need to be in a specific place?

Putting it in a line by itself near the top should work.  When compiling on Mac I added it directly below QMAKE_CXXFLAGS = -fpermissive at the bottom of the first group of code.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:14:08 AM

Code:

Hope this helps.

Putting it in a line by itself near the top should work.  When compiling on Mac I added it directly below QMAKE_CXXFLAGS = -fpermissive at the bottom of the first group of code.

Same result. Is there any other webkit related dependencies I need? Or is this thing just hating on me Tongue The wallet I have is still working fine, but the new one looks cool. I want!
cecilbdemented

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:42:12 AM

Code:

Hope this helps.

Same result. Is there any other webkit related dependencies I need? Or is this thing just hating on me Tongue The wallet I have is still working fine, but the new one looks cool. I want!

Hmm..you can try QT += WebKit webkitwidgets in the pro file.  Will try and compile in Linux tomorrow if I can and figure it out.
TechcoinCommunity (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

[TECH] TechCoin Community

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 03:52:12 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 07:13:13 PM by TechcoinCommunity

We have decided to push the #Stake2Win one week, just before the holiday.
Stay tuned TECHies, (Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014) will be the next #Stake2Win giveaway drawing.

Due to a lack of interest, The Tech Incentives program is being suspended indefinitely.  I would like to give thanks to Testing Crypto and Cecildemented for their effort and all they have put in to Tech. 

| Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Website Template | Block Explorer | YoBit.Net |
[TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 192,471+ Supply | 300K Total | Low Inflation | June 24th, 2014 {05:06:55}
cecilbdemented

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:16:41 PM

Code:

Hope this helps.

It worked for me in Ubuntu and I have updated the Linux documentation and pro file in the github accordingly.  However, I built the wallet using Qt4.  If you're using Qt5 you most likely need to edit the line in the pro file to say:

QT += webkit webkitwidgets

then re-run qmake on the profile and make.

Hope this helps!
TechcoinCommunity (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 04:21:50 PM

All Current Campaigns & Giveaways have ended, stay tuned TECHies Wink

Twitter Exchange Campaign | Giveaway

Twitter    

Wallet    

Ledger    

Facebook Campaign | Giveaway

Facebook              

Wallet    

Ledger    

Reddit Campaign | Giveaway

Reddit    

Wallet    

Ledger    

[TECH] TechCoin @ 4% APR | 192,471+ Supply | 300K Total | Low Inflation | June 24th, 2014 {05:06:55}
jluizg

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:23:35 AM

Congratulations, TECH is out from Bittrex!  Sad

Message from Allcrypt:

"Deposits and withdrawals will be delayed. No new blocks have been received in 12 minutes. Average block time for the last 250 blocks has been 6.05 minutes."
Testing Crypto

Activity: 614
Merit: 506

Applications

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:51:25 PM

Message from Allcrypt:

"Deposits and withdrawals will be delayed. No new blocks have been received in 12 minutes. Average block time for the last 250 blocks has been 6.05 minutes."

Did you get a chance to review this "full" thread then, a few of us tried really hard to gain a good community. I'm not talking about a few post or hours, there was months of rebuilding done to build the TECHie community. The best possible thing we could do was get on Allcrypt (knowing Bittrex was only costing investors & not having the ability to help it without an ICO or development funds), which is a great exchange "-the weekly Bittrex fees". This is not an ICO/IPO/ITO coin, there wasn't any development funds (aside from a few $ on a donation pool that lasted a few weeks, which was sent to the other two developers for website/wallet coding) & we have put our own efforts/funds into building ideas to help anyone who invested on the launch.

//TECH is almost 6 months old, with 1000's of coins/tokens/apps & new ones launching everyday. Time is still being volunteered for the TECHie community, but not much without seeing some others in the community show their support.

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:08:54 PM

Message from Allcrypt:

Did you get a chance to review this "full" thread then, a few of us tried really hard to gain a good community. I'm not talking about a few post or hours, there was months of rebuilding done to build the TECHie community. The best possible thing we could do was get on Allcrypt (knowing Bittrex was only costing investors & not having the ability to help it without an ICO or development funds), which is a great exchange "-the weekly Bittrex fees". This is not an ICO/IPO/ITO coin, there wasn't any development funds (aside from a few $ on a donation pool that lasted a few weeks, which was sent to the other two developers for website/wallet coding) & we have put our own efforts/funds into building ideas to help anyone who invested on the launch.

//TECH is almost 6 months old, with 1000's of coins/tokens/apps & new ones launching everyday. Time is still being volunteered for the TECHie community, but not much without seeing some others in the community show their support.

so TECH is on allcrypt? thats better than nothing Wink I don't get a lot of the technical jargon like coding... etc but I can tell that you guys have put a lot of effort in to TECH since the take over and it's a shame we haven't been able to get any real momentum yet. 

The other day I read "the story of bob surplus" and it was a real eye opener for me, I have never been a part of a pump group so before I was only going off my presumptions of how they work etc.  reading the post and reflecting on the last year I've been in crypto it came really obvious how much they influence... not just their group but any day trader trying to make a buck, they follow wherever the spotlight is pointing that day/week  (right now they seem to be moving from xpy to sbit)  so any solid coin that isn't associated with them has a heck of a time getting noticed... and being such a low number of coins and the bad start thanks to the ditching dev TECH is bound for an up hill climb.

I will keep my wallet staking as long as there is a market open for TECH, if anyone gets any good ideas and need some help please don't hesitate to ask me. I'm not a coder or anything but will help were I can

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:01:30 PM

so TECH is on allcrypt? thats better than nothing Wink I don't get a lot of the technical jargon like coding... etc but I can tell that you guys have put a lot of effort in to TECH since the take over and it's a shame we haven't been able to get any real momentum yet. 

Yes, thanks to cecilbdemented & all his hard work to make sure there was a backup exchange. There has been quite a bit going on around altcoins & crypto in general, which none of us are new to crypto. So it may have actual been a choice to keep a coin that is building, off one of the risky exchanges, if you didn't notice my sig? I first heard about crypto in 2010, but did start actually learning about it til 2012 & having tested 100's of coins, pools & exchanges which a good % ended in a loss of testing (biggest one is being a hardware guy, but testing cloud mining Huh ). There's a thread that asks how many hours you have on this site, thought about posting it & had to refrain a few times (lets just say fulltime). I was never really into reading news, but over the last year & getting very interested in what software/hardware ideas this could help has been very knowledgeable.

The other day I read "the story of bob surplus" and it was a real eye opener for me, I have never been a part of a pump group so before I was only going off my presumptions of how they work etc.  reading the post and reflecting on the last year I've been in crypto it came really obvious how much they influence... not just their group but any day trader trying to make a buck, they follow wherever the spotlight is pointing that day/week  (right now they seem to be moving from xpy to sbit)  so any solid coin that isn't associated with them has a heck of a time getting noticed... and being such a low number of coins and the bad start thanks to the ditching dev TECH is bound for an up hill climb.

That's the thing, some people are in this for profit only & some are in it to create something that can actually be used (some both). I know nothing about markets or wall street trading (if I did, it was to hold it like a 1-5 year stock/bond & not sell @ a 20% gain. Leave the wall street traders to that, because you don't want a certain  skillset doing the wrong skillset), which is probably why most coins without people in each area fail/brake. One flaw with that though, someone comes in & hardforks it & you come back to check on said investment a year later to see "sorry but you missed out"?

//Crypto is getting better, but it's also getting worst & only time will tell what the world does with it Undecided

I will keep my wallet staking as long as there is a market open for TECH, if anyone gets any good ideas and need some help please don't hesitate to ask me. I'm not a coder or anything but will help were I can

Thanks, every post counts & without a community posting... Development goes elsewhere, building something for shadows of an empty crowd isn't a way to build that I know of. If it's the Moderated thread, we can keep posting to the old one & this one was created for the new OP only to keep everyone always updated (new threads are easy to create, but community is not).

ZwNpPhVYrSrPMS71GLc7TEnbqA9VSZopGn // Gift5YapqsZqSTW8T4S3sCU4sngCkvh4ba // 3Gwc4KzVtuJ9ADnuqzF7XRhSaaE7HkBWpr // 1PAGEHrN62tgUHncGWbbhKe9jhZGXsxFC4
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi {SAT OS hi}
cecilbdemented

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:33:50 PM

I actually do not see the Bittrex delisting as a negative at this point.

Bittrex requires 1.4 BTC worth of volume every two weeks to prevent coins from being delisted, and they very rarely make exceptions and manually override the automated scripts they have in place to purge their markets.  I know this because I have communicated with them directly.  They don't even take a break for the holidays when many people are occupied with things outside of crypto (TECH was flagged for possible removal right around Christmas, and delisted the day after New Year's).  For months we have been creating this volume to prevent the coin from being delisted in the hopes that a community would build and attract investors and a real market, but this has not happened, and it hasn't been due to a lack of effort from us.  Since TECH was taken over this summer, the world of crypto has changed drastically.  BTC prices are in the toilet, mining in general returns a negative ROI, and investors are focused on massive, ambitious coin projects backed by full-time dev teams and millions in USD raised through ICOs or some other form of income, such as GAW's PayCoin.  There's no way that we can compete with that, and maintaining the Bittrex market on our own has become unfeasible for us.  I would even argue that it had become a liability, effectively turning TECH into nothing more than a biweekly PnD.  It is time to reevaluate what TECH is, what it can be, and where it can go.  Some of this (active development, PR) is in our direct control, but a great deal of it, mainly the general state of crypto, is not.

TECH is not dead.  The dev team is still active, we have a working coin with a functioning blockchain (although admittedly POS block generation is at times slower than we would like, community growth and more staking would help that), and we have a good working market for trading with AllCrypt (with BTC, LTC, and DOGE markets) with volume requirements that are more reasonable for our community to maintain at this time.  Bittrex re-listing in the future is always a possibility if volume at other exchanges grows and/or they hear enough from the community via Twitter, but it is not a necessity in our view, especially right now.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:43:00 PM

I've heard rumors of a group getting legal charges against them for defrauding or market rigging or something, I haven't looked into it yet but hopefully it's true and the crypto world can start moving towards being a safer place... I think mankind has proven it's not mature enough for self responsibility/anarchism yet, so I welcome countries taking crypto fraud as serious as any other financial fraud.

like you said time will tell, I'm an optimist that believes crypto/btc will become stronger in the long run through all the turmoil the scammers create.

cheers, may this year be a better one than the last Wink

edit: I totally agree with you Cecil

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Testing Crypto

Applications

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:24:37 AM

The Crypto ID block explorer has been updated with Allcrypt, thanks fairglu.
P.S. I also asked if he would add the expiration date for the community as well.

TechcoinCommunity (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:16:43 PM

fairglu has also implemented a new update on the block explorer as well, now you can filter coins sent/received/staked on an address page Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: