Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:08:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New UK Public P2Pool - p2mine.com  (Read 4284 times)
jonno453 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:43:37 PM

Hi All

I have just opened a new UK based super fast p2pool Node p2mine.com

It is hosed in a professional datacenter in London, i can ping from Yorkshire and get 17ms. Give it a ping yourselves. I have rented miners overseas to have a look at the stale rate and is not much higher than in the UK.

My plan is to keep the pool free for as long as possible. I also hope to add additional services to improve the Pool and to help you be more efficient, making you more bitcoins. Any donations to the running of this service is appreciated 1KvJuU2AYXd46JkSPJ2xwh7KN8kZLRaZwh

I will keep you up-to-date with new developments as they come up.

We are running an edited version of P2Pool version. We have added a per address difficulty so you don't share the difficulty with other mining address, your own difficulty is calculated as you go along.

Please let me know your feedback and any requests. I may not be able to fulfil all requests but they will be considered.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d3v

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:14:05 AM

hi there, will I make bitcoin quicker if I swap from ghash over to your pool?
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:45:19 AM

Hi,

With bitcoin the more hash power you have the more bitcoins you will earn. You should look for a pool with low or 0% fees to increase earnings.

All pools rely on luck to find a block. The more hash power the pool has the more chances they have to find the block, but the less you get paid per block but they find more blocks. They then distribute the block between there miners usually in PPLNS(Pay Per Last N Shares), PPS (Pay Per Share), etc.

P2Pool uses PPLNS to pay directly into your wallet address rather than been held by the pool, then you having to transfer out to your wallet. This may have a transaction fee.

I have been mining over a month at my pool, some days are better than others. Overall I have found to have a better payout, it takes 24h to settle down.

I don't recommend low hash power as it can take a long time to get a share to start earning. My Antminer S3 earns 0.00481155 per block.

Hope this helps
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 10:44:00 PM

If you want to change your difficulty just add +512 or your desired difficulty to the end or your bitcoin wallet address.
e.g.
  • 1KvJuU2AYXd46JkSPJ2xwh7KN8kZLRaZwh+256
  • 1KvJuU2AYXd46JkSPJ2xwh7KN8kZLRaZwh+512
  • 1KvJuU2AYXd46JkSPJ2xwh7KN8kZLRaZwh+1024

Although the difficulty is automatically adjusted to one submit per second you can manually set this by adding +512 to the end of you bitcoin address. This is useful when you add multiple miners to one bitcoin address.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 03:23:12 AM

only for Bitcoins?
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 10:53:16 AM

only for Bitcoins?
yes at the moment.

Soon i will be adding merged coin and litecoin.
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 07:28:37 PM

On the 5th of November due to the Bitcoin value been so low i will be increasing the fee to 0.5% to help cover the cost of the server.

if in the future the value goes up and i am able to cover the cost of the server from mining i will happily introduce a reward system where any fees left over will be rewarded to a random miner or reduce the fee.

believe me i did not want to do this. but i think introducing a reward system would be the best system.

let me know what you prefer.
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 12:41:36 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 10:41:01 AM by jonno453

hi

1PuEtn8MzGbF58r1KLXwAnyvtq5g2FLZsw
16GSosqeCKfuPjRjZKPSqLR4TMBR9T7nYE

thanks for continuing to mine with us. looks like you could do with a restart. your miner is submitting unusually high stale work. or try adding a difficulty to the end of you username e.g. 1PuEtn8MzGbF58r1KLXwAnyvtq5g2FLZsw+512 or 16GSosqeCKfuPjRjZKPSqLR4TMBR9T7nYE+1024
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:27:18 PM

1PuEtn8MzGbF58r1KLXwAnyvtq5g2FLZsw - this miner is now pointing at my node with over 20% DOA, did you manage to contact him? I've posted in the p2pool thread for him to contact me about his settings, but no reply so far.

Thanks  Smiley

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 02:26:08 PM

1PuEtn8MzGbF58r1KLXwAnyvtq5g2FLZsw - this miner is now pointing at my node with over 20% DOA, did you manage to contact him? I've posted in the p2pool thread for him to contact me about his settings, but no reply so far.

Thanks  Smiley

No although the address is mining back at my node now. looking at my logs the miner has added the diff to the username.
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 01:10:12 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 01:48:00 PM by jonno453

huge increase in hashing over the last couple of days. thanks to all who are mining at p2pool.com

if we increase further i will move to a dedicated server in Leeds.

more expensive but will offer more to you the miners. the server im looking has multiple connections to to multiple backbones so would make overseas miners produce less stale.the guys at the data center have said that all connections to the server would take the quickest route.

together with the 6 cores and 20GB of ram we would be able to host other coin mining pools, any request?

i am not in this to make money and take over the world, only ask for your help to pay for the server. as you know my fee is 0.5%, p2pool fees don't work in the conventional way, so i don't take a cut from your earnings, when you request work from the pool your miner would do some work on the pools behalf. so when your miner requests work randomly one of these will be done on the pools behalf. i still get hit by the stale rates and the payouts are very irregular. as per previous post. if the pool should be found to be making money i will start a reward system and reward a random miner with the profits

if you have any comments or thoughts please comment.

Happy mining!
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 01:44:45 PM

Even though the bitcoin price plummeted we are still open and will be for months to come.

i have not been able to upgrade to the dedicated server because of the bitcoin price.

i am not able to fully cover the cost of the server with the fees at the moment so no lucky give away at the moment. have no fear the fee will stay the same at 0.5%. i have not planes to put this up but if the bitcoin price is to stay so low i may need to re evaluate.

jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 11:05:55 PM

Hi,

p2mine is moving to a dedicated server, witch means faster disks, RAID 1 for fast data, more fast ram and more CPU cores and power lowering the stale rate.
the new server also has a 1GBit/s internet connection and is hosted in Germany with over 400Gbit/s connection to Europe.

i will be switching over around the 22-25rd of May, miners should be unaffected. charts will be affected, i am expecting the hash rate to drop for a minute or 2 then work back up to full capacity as everyone switches over

the process will need a change to the DNS records, don't worrie if you have configured with the the domain name p2mine.com when requesting work though your internet connection it will automatically update to the new server. if not i recommend you use the domain name

pool fees are the same at 0.5%

we are also opening a dedicated litecoin mine. we have taken MPOS interface made some changed ad added bits and bats then rewiten and added to stratum server to make the handling better. we hope to add a bitcoin and other alt coins in the future.

although we have not finished we could do with some testers and feedback. register now and get 0% fees, we also pay a block finders fee! we have already found some blocks during testing http://ltc.p2mine.com (note we cannot guarantee the uptime until june 2015)
i will setup a thread for any bugs or anyone to contact or send me a message though the pool contact form

happy mining
jonno453 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 03:29:37 PM

all switched over to the new dedicate server.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: