Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Mining turns fair for individual miners ** Anti-BotNet-Fuxors **  (Read 5747 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:40:58 AM

I prefer to have a GPU only coin, at least you stop botnet

Stopping botnet is much fairer.

not at the price of less profit or not profit at all

first thing is always the profit for me, otherwise we are mining air

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:05:19 PM

Well botnet would ruin profit. So best is anti-botnet and anti-asic..

SamWalters (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 07:16:48 PM

exactly why its a good theory to frustrate botnets as they are most likely to dump

and amph, it hasn't even hit a major exchange yet... unless you are a market maker, this isn't the audience it has attracted yet.

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

I am a buyer and not a miner. I think this is the best idea i have seen.
Buy only Magi XMG.
Fair coin I love it.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 11:12:22 AM

exactly why its a good theory to frustrate botnets as they are most likely to dump

and amph, it hasn't even hit a major exchange yet... unless you are a market maker, this isn't the audience it has attracted yet.

Botnet are always profitable no matter on what they run because they cost absolutely nothing to run... so you can increase, decrease the reward their profitability will still be here... Actually this coin is certainly the most botnet friendly ever created so far since they can even create scarcity on the coin by adding more bots... the current reward system only hurts people mining the coin in a fair way with a cpu...  Grin

I won't even discuss the "it didn't hit a major exchange yet", we all know what happens when a coin hit a major exchange....  Grin
(usually it doesn't go the way you want  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:42:45 PM

Botnet are always profitable no matter on what they run because they cost absolutely nothing to run... so you can increase, decrease the reward their profitability will still be here... Actually this coin is certainly the most botnet friendly ever created so far since they can even create scarcity on the coin by adding more bots... the current reward system only hurts people mining the coin in a fair way with a cpu...  Grin

I won't even discuss the "it didn't hit a major exchange yet", we all know what happens when a coin hit a major exchange....  Grin
(usually it doesn't go the way you want  Grin)

Anycoin which turns profitable can be exploited by botnets but premines , instamines , pump n dumps , scam Devs hurt the currencies more than asics .
SamWalters (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 12:44:20 AM

There is new info about Magi

Magi XMG Timeline from Pre-launch until Now, and moving forward!!
- PDF doc coming soon of historical events with Magi

Preview:

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
SamWalters (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 01:14:51 AM

There is a testnet miner out now; has anyone tried it yet?

Kimowa

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:56:48 AM

Preview:

Is it botnet proof?

ebtc

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:41:23 AM

Those people mining bitcoins a few years ago for fun get millioned.  Grin
ebtc

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:47:46 AM

Is it botnet proof?

sure.
SamWalters (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 06:07:55 AM

Seems to be proving itself past few weeks since launch. I don't see botnets hoarding coins or giving it unfair advantages.

Preview:

Is it botnet proof?

OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:49:36 AM

No.
SamWalters (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 03:57:34 PM

Why not?

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:15:26 PM

Magi is still botnet proof.
The downside is that it takes longer for many miners to go for Magi.
Many people have not yet dare to leave their "preferred" coin loose and move on to XMG.
The advantage is that because of the longer lead time, the community will be stronger.
Eventually, as more people realize that XMG is a fair coin and has a strong community, this transition will be easier.
The earlier miners will get the greatest profit from XMG.
As with other coins, the later you get in the less great chance of winning if the currency continues to follow the upward trend.
XMG has been launched only six weeks ago. So for doubters this is the right time. Especially when you see what XMG has achieved in such a short time

ebtc

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:15:40 PM

Cheesy, reason?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:55:34 PM

because botnet cost nothing to run to the botnet master so whatever come out of a botnet it is entirely free...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

Many people have not yet dare to leave their "preferred" coin loose and move on to XMG.
The advantage is that because of the longer lead time, the community will be stronger.
Eventually, as more people realize that XMG is a fair coin and has a strong community, this transition will be easier.
As with other coins, the later you get in the less great chance of winning if the currency continues to follow the upward trend.
XMG has been launched only six weeks ago. So for doubters this is the right time. Especially when you see what XMG has achieved in such a short time
Magi is still CPU only!

thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

Magi is still CPU only!

What about botnet?
SamWalters (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 02:30:55 AM

because botnet cost nothing to run to the botnet master so whatever come out of a botnet it is entirely free...

exactly it is very affordable there is no pitfall for cost for them, free mining

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: