Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:27:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm on BFL's Side  (Read 2294 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:39:43 PM

You got lucky on your return bringing you more BTC than you paid. I got MUCH LESS than I paid.

You should ask yourself, "Why does this company force people to wait 30 days for a refund anyway?" Does any other company you know of do that? I know the reasons they gave (because they told me too) and they are all lies. It's just another example of the crookedness that is BFL.

I'm sorry but people who accept things like endless delays and "30-45 days for refund" as acceptable are sheeple who can't judge what is right and what is wrong. BFL has wronged people, and if you can't see that then I'm sorry but you need to take off the blindfold.

BFL is fraudulent and deceptive too often to ignore.

They deserve no defending nor any kind words.

Let the slithering snake die its slow death.

It has been coming a long time.

Good riddance.

You got unlucky, you took a gamble and lost.  OP took a gamble and won.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:05:36 AM

I'm not sure if you read the terms of your agreement to preorder, but mine did say there were no refunds.

And that's one of the reasons they were shut down. Those terms are illegal.

Buy & Hold
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:35:40 AM

Your both lucky and insane to support such activity as BFL has been involved in....

Seriously dude they fleeced the hell out of so many people with delays over a year and finally delivered product when it was basically worthless and refused refunds and that was round 1.  Then you have the upgrade scam where they put their hands back in their customers pockets for them to have any hope of ROI by making them pay to convert the order to a Monarch.  Then you have the free bonus Monarchs people now have to pay for if they still want them.

The tricks are endless.  They have made a fortune while some customers just broke even while others lost almost everything.

If there is enough money left to refund remaining customers the FTC will do it and if there isnt it was never going to happen anyway and someone was going to lose out bigtime while others got a full refund.  At least the FTC will spread the pain and stop the scammers at BFL draining any more funds out of the business for themselves to buy cars and houses.
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:51:20 PM

You got unlucky, you took a gamble and lost.  OP took a gamble and won.

Which is irrelevant. The point is that BFL is crooked, and should not be defended. Some may have come out ahead. More came out behind.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
btcm4n14c

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:54:11 PM

OP is a loonie

The End
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:51:22 AM

I hate BFL as much as anyone. But in hindsight, I did ok...

- spent $1300 (credit card) on a Little Single and mined with it for about a month and then sold it on eBay for (I think) $3000. $100/GHs... crazy times!

- converted a Single and Jalapeño preorder (original purchase on credit card) on August 17th for a Monarch and bought 9 BTC on exchange for ~$100 each* to make up the difference.

- spent 3 BTC on Black Friday (BTC at $1100!) on a discounted Monarch and received a 5.5 BTC refund on July 1st.

- ordered 3 Singles on Black Friday for 3.7 BTC and received them the next week. The high price of BTC at the time made these decent purchases in hindsight. I certainly wouldn't have been better off if I had bought and held BTC at $1100, lol.

- received 600GHs of compensation cloudhashing for Aug 17th Monarch order on 6/24 which ran until ~ 9/1

- received 1st 700GHs Monarch at the end of August, 2nd 700GHs Monarch and 2.11 BTC refund a couple of weeks later.

* Sure, I would have been better off buying and holding the 9 BTC on August 17th. But that would have never happened. I wasn't interested in buying and holding and I'm still not.
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:10:15 AM

- spent $1300 (credit card) on a Little Single and mined with it for about a month and then sold it on eBay for (I think) $3000. $100/GHs... crazy times!

- converted a Single and Jalapeño preorder (original purchase on credit card) on August 17th for a Monarch and bought 9 BTC on exchange for ~$100 each* to make up the difference.

- spent 3 BTC on Black Friday (BTC at $1100!) on a discounted Monarch and received a 5.5 BTC refund on July 1st.

- ordered 3 Singles on Black Friday for 3.7 BTC and received them the next week. The high price of BTC at the time made these decent purchases in hindsight. I certainly wouldn't have been better off if I had bought and held BTC at $1100, lol.

- received 600GHs of compensation cloudhashing for Aug 17th Monarch order on 6/24 which ran until ~ 9/1

- received 1st 700GHs Monarch at the end of August, 2nd 700GHs Monarch and 2.11 BTC refund a couple of weeks later.

* Sure, I would have been better off buying and holding the 9 BTC on August 17th. But that would have never happened. I wasn't interested in buying and holding and I'm still not.

"But that would have never happened. I wasn't interested in buying and holding and I'm still not." <- Cognitive Dissonance.
ComaWombat

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:48:09 AM

I also feel some sympathy for BFL because their equipment was so ambitious and completely unlike the chinese bulk stuff. On the other hand they were way way overambitious and at the same time incompetent and fradulent in other areas and therefore failed miserably. And they did it twice.

I also got profits from selling my 65nm BFL stuff away after mining with them.

But after all the things they've done, saying "I'm on BFL's side" is a bit like saying "I'm on Hitler's side" after Adolf has given you a lollipop. You got lucky from your selfish point of view. But a whole lot of other people got screwed over badly.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:11:07 AM

"But that would have never happened. I wasn't interested in buying and holding and I'm still not." <- Cognitive Dissonance.

I'm not sure how this qualifies as cognitive dissonance. I've never been interested in bitcoin speculation (buying, holding, selling) for profit. The feeble attempts I made early on we're pretty spectacular failures, lol.

I simply mine BTC and sell it as needed to make purchases (NewEgg, TigerDirect or mining gear) or pay bills. I do hold some bitcoin in my wallets now but that's mostly because I've stopped buying new mining gear. If the price goes up while I hold the coins, great. But I won't be suicidal if the price drops much further.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: