Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:19:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zebpay - Simplest Bitcoin mobile wallet  (Read 2144 times)
buysellbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:34:23 PM

Hi all  Smiley
Presenting Zebpay, simplest Bitcoin mobile wallet.

https://zebpay.com/

During all my years with Bitcoin, I have tried to explain people how good Bitcoin can be, the advantages and the technical brilliance it brings to table but always found tough to explain it to new users.

For an average Joe today Bitcoin is a Digital currency (?), Distributed(?), Cryptography based (?), having Bitcoin address with 30+ characters, QR codes and blah blah. Bitcoin apps today show you various BTC notations ( mBTC, BTC ) and several decimal places digits as bitcoin balance along with big black QR codes and long addresses with warnings that if backup your wallet now or you will loose your Bitcoins. Average Joe does not want to lose his Bitcoin and may be not equipped with knowledge of all the things above. And yes we have not ventured into sending and receiving bitcoins along with confirmations.

We wanted to make it simple, dead simple for an average Joe to use Bitcoin.

Presenting zebpay :
- Get your mobile wallet by simply verifying your mobile number. Your number is your wallet.
- Its a change wallet just like leather wallet that resides in your pocket for your daily spending. Small transactions and small balance only.
- Its dead simple.. Just like Whatsapp.. Yes, same as Whatsapp Smiley
- Though word beautiful is subjective, but we claim its beautiful.. Not scary for sure. Simple.
- Even though its change wallet we practice highest security standards and we are working hard to get insurance for your balance. Secure.
- Available on all major platforms, starting with Android. Mobile.
- Send it to your contacts just like you send them message on Whatsapp. Social.
- Share your payments like rents, lunch with friends and trip to Vegas. Group.
- Pay bills to your near by sellers or that cafe that you love to hangout. Local.
Setup billing and we will automatically pay your bills. Auto.

and much more...

Beta invite starting from 3rd Nov.

Regards.

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:53:12 PM

Very nice mate!!!

buysellbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 02:04:06 PM

Very nice mate!!!

Thanks mate Smiley

Regards

Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:49:05 PM

hi,
    i signed up for zebpay and something caught my eye. on the thank you page, your office is listed as

Zeb Ventures Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road
International Plaza
#18-17 Singapore 79903
Singapore

what i also noticed was another post in this forum by crxzone.com wherein there address mentioned is

Intellect Market Pte. Ltd.
#22-16 , 10 Anson Road,
International Plaza,
Singapore, 079903

incidentally both these addresses seem very close to each other if not together.

what i want to know is are these 2 firms related to each other.
Also, i am assuming you are in Indian. in that case why is your company not registered in India.

Thannks
buysellbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 04:26:20 PM

hi,
    i signed up for zebpay and something caught my eye. on the thank you page, your office is listed as

Zeb Ventures Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road
International Plaza
#18-17 Singapore 79903
Singapore

what i also noticed was another post in this forum by crxzone.com wherein there address mentioned is

#22-16 , 10 Anson Road,
International Plaza,
Singapore, 079903

incidentally both these addresses seem very close to each other if not together.

Also, i am assuming you are in Indian. in that case why is your company not registered in India.

Thannks

Hi Shadil,

We have incorporated company in Singpaore via our legal counsel and the current address is of our legal counsel office which is very common when you setup your business offshore initially. We do not have any physical office in Singapore at the moment, but we are planning to get one soon and it will be only administrative contact office.

We are not related to any other business in any manner. If we will have any business or strategic partnerships we will announce the same via our blog in future.

We are trying to build product that is aimed at liquid Bitcoin markets for the time being as our focus is allow people to spend Bitcoins. Having based in Singapore helps us to expand, reach other countries in terms of business operations. Singapore does have some great advantages when it comes to business related to financial market and it has  comparatively encouraging environment when you are looking at raising funds. Flipkart is also based in Singapore Smiley

I hope I was able to answer your questions, please feel free to get back to me in case you have any questions or concerns.

Regards

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:37:47 PM

good one
thats why i like bitcoin
a big community of devs and a lot of cool stuff to come out
shahadil

Activity: 202

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:33:03 PM

hi,

Zeb Ventures Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road
International Plaza
#18-17 Singapore 79903
Singapore

#22-16 , 10 Anson Road,
International Plaza,
Singapore, 079903

Thannks

Hi Shadil,

We have incorporated company in Singpaore via our legal counsel and the current address is of our legal counsel office which is very common when you setup your business offshore initially. We do not have any physical office in Singapore at the moment, but we are planning to get one soon and it will be only administrative contact office.

We are not related to any other business in any manner. If we will have any business or strategic partnerships we will announce the same via our blog in future.

We are trying to build product that is aimed at liquid Bitcoin markets for the time being as our focus is allow people to spend Bitcoins. Having based in Singapore helps us to expand, reach other countries in terms of business operations. Singapore does have some great advantages when it comes to business related to financial market and it has  comparatively encouraging environment when you are looking at raising funds. Flipkart is also based in Singapore Smiley

I hope I was able to answer your questions, please feel free to get back to me in case you have any questions or concerns.

Regards

thank you for the clarification. i am assuming zebpay is going to hold the coins within your servers and the local user will not really have any "control" as such on them. in that case its important to know who the holding company is and as to where they are located. even though its going to be a spend wallet, a lot of people's lose change can make up a lot of money and we dont want anyone seizing the servers.

Regards
buysellbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 05:19:54 AM

hi,

Zeb Ventures Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road
International Plaza
#18-17 Singapore 79903
Singapore

#22-16 , 10 Anson Road,
International Plaza,
Singapore, 079903

Thannks

Hi Shadil,

We are trying to build product that is aimed at liquid Bitcoin markets for the time being as our focus is allow people to spend Bitcoins. Having based in Singapore helps us to expand, reach other countries in terms of business operations. Singapore does have some great advantages when it comes to business related to financial market and it has  comparatively encouraging environment when you are looking at raising funds. Flipkart is also based in Singapore Smiley

Regards

thank you for the clarification. i am assuming zebpay is going to hold the coins within your servers and the local user will not really have any "control" as such on them. in that case its important to know who the holding company is and as to where they are located. even though its going to be a spend wallet, a lot of people's lose change can make up a lot of money and we dont want anyone seizing the servers.

Regards

While I agree that ultimate Bitcoin wallet should allow you to control your private keys, we believe that we are still not in that age of user awareness where they can manage their own private keys. While for medium to large amounts it has to be stored on your own physical wallets, change wallets have its own place in ecosystem. Also one of our focus is to get people first use it and enter into eco system without worrying about all those security best practices.

An yep, you must know about holding company and company should make all efforts so customers can trust it. In fact, initially we are giving away free coins ( very small amount though ) so that users do not need to put in their own coins to see how our application works and can see if it actually is usable and secure. I personally have worked in Bitcoins from 2011 and I know the history very well and always say go for Armory if you want to save your coins, but I can not say same to average Joe. We want to focus on average Joe Smiley

Reagrds

techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:27:44 PM

UX is pretty good. All the best.
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:26:28 AM

hi,

Zeb Ventures Pte Ltd
10 Anson Road
International Plaza
#18-17 Singapore 79903
Singapore

#22-16 , 10 Anson Road,
International Plaza,
Singapore, 079903

Thannks

Keen observation! Cheesy

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
foobarjohndoe

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:58:04 PM

Awesome idea!

But how is really useful when are not many stores that accept BTCs and one can't even convert BTCs to Fiat money easily.
KJBit

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:36:23 PM

I like the fact Zebpay is giving away small amounts of bitcoins at sign up. The biggest hurdle in getting a new user to use bitcoin right now is to get him to buy a bitcoin. It just seems like a lot of effort for them to go through the process of buying a bitcoint to simply try it out once.

If we want to spread bitcoin use in India, we have to give away free bitcoins initially I feel.

So kudos to zebpay for adopting this strategy.

By the way, I've asked this on a different thread as well, but I'm going to ask it here again because this seems to be the right place for it.

How did you come up with the name Zebpay?
buysellbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:05:20 AM

I like the fact Zebpay is giving away small amounts of bitcoins at sign up. The biggest hurdle in getting a new user to use bitcoin right now is to get him to buy a bitcoin. It just seems like a lot of effort for them to go through the process of buying a bitcoint to simply try it out once.

If we want to spread bitcoin use in India, we have to give away free bitcoins initially I feel.

So kudos to zebpay for adopting this strategy.

By the way, I've asked this on a different thread as well, but I'm going to ask it here again because this seems to be the right place for it.

How did you come up with the name Zebpay?

Thanks for your comments and support.

Zebpay, well, we worked really hard to come up with good brand name that is catchy and be differentiated from other players in this crowded market. We had setup few constraints on choosing brand name :
1. We wanted it to be very different.
2. We did not want web 2.0 names like webio etc because that space is too crowded now for any meaningful name and it is tough to market.
3. Zeb ventures is umbrella group starting with zebpay as wallet/payment solutions. So our main branding must be unique across other segments we want to  expand in future. This is tough one as finding main brand identity uniquely available across various segments is tough.
4. We do not want to have bit, crypto, coin as they are tough to market and domain squatting has been done to death.
5. As our services are financial services we do not want to be creative with spelling morphing as that might go wrong with phishing sites appearing in future. Name has to be very simple to spell.
6. Having character like animal, bird, cartoon is much easier to brand initially ( this is general perception and not baked by any scientific research, but we buy this Smiley )
6. We like zebra, as zebras have few unique properties. Their stripes come in different patterns, unique to each individual. They are generally social animals. Zebras have never been truly domesticated. We wee able to establish connections between Zeb ventures culture, brand and product suite with this features.

And on top of everything,

We wanted people to ask this question, How did you come up with name zebpay Smiley

Regards

KJBit

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:00:28 AM

Thanks for the reply Mahin. Now I understand.
adv.kanishk

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:18:18 PM

Congractulations!!!!
buysellbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:27:09 AM

Congractulations!!!!

Thanks

Regards

KJBit

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:29:10 AM

I notice Zebpay made it onto YourStory.com today.

Congrats!

http://yourstory.com/2014/10/zebpay-bitcoin-transactions/

lovejoel

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:48:28 PM

Hi, i am from chennai, anyone here with technical knowledge about pow/pos coins? kindly contact me on telegram @arun738686
dongamk

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

As private keys are not in our hand, wil you really suggest to store btc other than zebpay wallet.
CC. i m much concerned about security.
kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:37:49 PM

certainly there are many other wallets that are recommended as opposed to storing BTC in ZebPay.  you can try blockchain.info or btc.com , both are trusted providers in the Bitcoin space and give you control of your pvt keys.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: