Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 12:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin and money laundering  (Read 3569 times)
Anonymous

May 12, 2011, 04:48:38 AM

In the future money itself will be illegal .  Smiley

Youll get a card issued by the government and anything else will be banned.

At least that is the ultimate destination taking the current situation to its logical extreme.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 05:17:45 AM

Welcome back Atlas Smiley

Where've you been?

Lurking, my friend. More consumption, less posting.

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 06:02:49 AM

In the future money itself will be illegal .  Smiley

Youll get a card issued by the government and anything else will be banned.

At least that is the ultimate destination taking the current situation to its logical extreme.
Yep, I remember an article about it during the crisis (when they were thinking about negative interest rates):

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article6531299.ece

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 07:56:23 AM

I was just thinking. Doesn't BitCoin allow money laundering?

Bitcoin is an open source software communication protocol.

Your statement is as ridiculous as saying

"Doesn't TCP/IP allow money laundering?"

because the electronic pipes and tubes of the interweb that carry "laundered money" are mostly likely carried inside TCP/IP envelopes, parcels and packets.

We could could go right down through the communication layers saying the same banal thing about every component of the stack ...

"Doesn't SSL allow money laundering?"

"Doesn't Ethernet allow money laundering?"

Doesn't, doesn't, doesn't does it? It is an empty non sequitur that demonstrates a complete lack of an ability at a logical train of thought, sometimes associated with the clinically insane. Seeing as you are probably a product of the modern nanny state you can be forgiven for demonstrating such tendencies but time is short for you to escape from your self-hewn straitjacket of morally corrupting, vacuous, illogical world-view construct.

river

May 12, 2011, 09:39:33 PM

Bitcoin is an open source software communication protocol.

Your statement is as ridiculous as saying

"Doesn't TCP/IP allow money laundering?"

because the electronic pipes and tubes of the interweb that carry "laundered money" are mostly likely carried inside TCP/IP envelopes, parcels and packets.

We could could go right down through the communication layers saying the same banal thing about every component of the stack ...

"Doesn't SSL allow money laundering?"

"Doesn't Ethernet allow money laundering?"

Doesn't, doesn't, doesn't does it? It is an empty non sequitur that demonstrates a complete lack of an ability at a logical train of thought, sometimes associated with the clinically insane. Seeing as you are probably a product of the modern nanny state you can be forgiven for demonstrating such tendencies but time is short for you to escape from your self-hewn straitjacket of morally corrupting, vacuous, illogical world-view construct.

I like it ... self responsibility at every level.    

EEEK: my car crashed .. I'll blame the ... the .. the ... dog pooping on the grass .. ya .. it distracted me ... it's a terrorist!!!!!!  see what it did to me.
AH?Huh you were drunk .. and blind folded .. getting a BJ while picking your nose behind the wheel doing 200KM in a school zone?? .. what did think was going to happen ...Huh?
ya??? but the dog distracted me .. it's a terrorist .. neuter the sucker .. and imprison it's owner for 25 years .. that'll teach'm
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: